Dolphins Dilemma At DE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Dilemma At DE

The other assumption made about Philbin is he doesn't like to play rookies. I feel it is to early to come to this conclusion based on the fact that he has only been a head coach for 2 years and in year 1 he started a rookie qb and a rookie tackle. As for last season all the rookies he had to work with were not capable of being a starter. Either the rookies were hurt or just not good enough to beat out their competition. Look at our draft last season the first 4 picks were all coming off injuries. The rookies were not 100% physically and it showed. IF Ireland were smart he would have drafted players that could help the team win starting last season not pick a bunch of injury riddled players who couldn't possibly help the team succeed for at least a couple of seasons.

The other assumption made about Philbin is he doesn't like to play rookies. I feel it is to early to come to this conclusion based on the fact that he has only been a head coach for 2 years and in year 1 he started a rookie qb and a rookie tackle. As for last season all the rookies he had to work with were not capable of being a starter. Either the rookies were hurt or just not good enough to beat out their competition. Look at our draft last season the first 4 picks were all coming off injuries. The rookies were not 100% physically and it showed. IF Ireland were smart he would have drafted players that could help the team win starting last season not pick a bunch of injury riddled players who couldn't possibly help the team succeed for at least a couple of seasons.

no evidence he doesn't like to play rookies they didn't move up in draft to not play their 3rd pick he just didn't impress enough to start , not sure why people don't get that. The same as the rest of our rookies last year.

It's simple. Move Dion Jordan to OLB where he belongs. 3/4 defense is obviously where he ideally should be playing, but get creative and blitz him from OLB and have him on the line with his hand down as well- joker position. His strengths are pass rushing and his ability to move in space and cover. His weakness is getting his lanky, high center of gravity frame tied up with big OT's and getting engulfed or ridden out wide. His best position is OLB, even if it's in a creative 4/3 as opposed to the tailor made 3/4. He's meant to be a Linebacker, bottom line.

Run more 34 and I'd be happy. I realize Vernon wouldn't be the best DE in one, but for pass rushing, why not?
Although I suppose it's a similar predicament

This is a problem all teams would love to have but, is also a problem to sort out snaps and get all the players on the field.

Wake is an All Pro, and his returning to health will be a big plus to our D. Vernon took a big step frfard last year, and I expect another this year. So, we are set.

Not so fast. Jordan flashed, and may have more talent than both. Playing him 20 snaps a game last year was questionable at best. This year, the #3pick MUST play but where, and who does he replace? We appear to be set on him being a DE, which I do not agree with, but, he still has to be on the field. Does a 3 man rotation work? Not sure.

And don't forget about Shelby, who has really impressed me in limited play. What to do?

Teach one of them to play oline? :lol:

should have drafted LT Matthews with that #3 pick, then spent that Albert money this year on Jarius Byrd instead of Delmas.

Whats wrong with a three man rotation at DE. I always thought that was the plan??

No dilemma yet until Jordan prove he can be an NFl starter.

Lol why would too many pass rushers be a bad thing? The giants always have pass rushers...they had straham, OSI and tuck...then had tuck, OSI and Pierre Paul...I don't see how having too many pass ruahers is a problem.

I'd like to see Jordan play the weakside lb or a "jack" like position.

Does have to start. All I care about is all three of them terrorizing the QB.

What im saying for it to be a dilemma jordan has to play at the others level. Right now he is just an overrated draft pick that satbehind derrick shelby in the rotation

What im saying for it to be a dilemma jordan has to play at the others level. Right now he is just an overrated draft pick that satbehind derrick shelby in the rotation

He was a rookie dlock behind very good defensive ends. How many rookies start ahead of players who are very good. I can understand if our DE sucked. Potential alone was not going to beat out Wake and Vernon. Jordan has to be Jason Taylor good to beat out Vernon and Wake. Be happy for the quality we have at DE as a unit. Sometime we get spoiled.

He was a rookie dlock behind very good defensive ends. How many rookies start ahead of players who are very good. I can understand if our DE sucked. Potential alone was not going to beat out Wake and Vernon. Jordan has to be Jason Taylor good to beat out Vernon and Wake. Be happy for the quality we have at DE as a unit. Sometime we get spoiled.

I didn't mention the two very good defensive ends I mentioned that Derrick Shelby got the start and playing time over him, that's not a good sign however u want to look at it.
How many third picks in the draft would play behind Derrick Shelby is more the point.

I didn't mention the two very good defensive ends I mentioned that Derrick Shelby got the start and playing time over him, that's not a good sign however u want to look at it.
How many third picks in the draft would play behind Derrick Shelby is more the point.

Was not Shelby playing very well?

Back
Top Bottom