Dolphins draft grades from around the web | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft grades from around the web

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Never understood the post draft grades. Prisco gives 2 grades lower than a C. NFL gave all As and Bs minus 2 teams. You'll see a dozen As and no Fs. I know it's the day of everyone getting a trophey but sheesh. Many teams will have botched the draft. We just don't know which ones yet

I loved this Draft. Nothing flashy and stability at needed positions along with depth for a long season. This is where others have failed in this organization.

I just hope Tannehill and Moore are good to go this year.

Draft grades are dumb at this time. I feel like we got good value for all our guys, we didn't reach for anyone, we addressed needs and we got the guys we wanted, that's a win in my book.

Never understood the post draft grades. Prisco gives 2 grades lower than a C. NFL gave all As and Bs minus 2 teams. You'll see a dozen As and no Fs. I know it's the day of everyone getting a trophey but sheesh. Many teams will have botched the draft. We just don't know which ones yet

:idk: It holds about as much relevance as power rankings really. But I know folks like to know the grades from around the world so might as well post them all in one spot.

Not much for draft grades because a lot of these guys are looking at things on paper and ignoring the human side of things. SI, criticized Miami for taking Cordrea Tankersley when they could have taken Rasul Douglas. IMO, there is much more to building a team than what you see on paper. Would you hire someone based on just what you see on their resume? Grier talked about how Tankersley blew everybody away during his visit. Relationships and team culture are key (frankly, it was something we were missing for a while before Gase) and can go a long way to achieving what both parties want. Wins.

I believe that this could become the norm this team could achieve past status of the 70s and 80s down the road. Good coaching solid players and bring good times!

Miami Dolphins

Draft picks: Charles Harris (No. 22 overall), Raekwon McMillan (No. 54 overall), Cordrea Tankersley (No. 97 overall), Isaac Asiata (No. 164 overall), Davon Godchaux (No. 178 overall), Vincent Taylor (No. 194 overall), Isaiah Ford (No. 237 overall)

Day 1 grade: A-
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A-

The skinny: Miami definitely needed to get younger in its pass rush, so seeing Harris on the board was a godsend. He'll need to improve against the rush to be an all-around player on the edge, but the pick will still be very good if he can make an impact attacking the quarterback sooner than later.

Finding a linebacker of Raekwon McMillan's stature in the second round was a steal.

Clemson's Cordrea Tankersley has a chance to start in Year Two for the Dolphins, as well -- he was an excellent pick.

With Laremy Tunsil moving outside in 2017, the Dolphins found an immediate starting guard in Isaac Asiata in the fifth round.

Godchaux bolstered the defensive line depth on Day 3.

Sounds good to me. We had needs at pass rusher, LB, at guard big time and another "long" CB. Plus hopefully some added depth at DT.

Some might call this a "boring draft" because we did not get any "big name" or risky players. But I see at least 4 starters here within 2 years. A couple of them sooner.

An All-Defense Draft which is what we needed. Our offense except for a guard is set. I'm pretty happy, no problem players, no risky ones, just solid future staarters

Of course, only time will tell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...7-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

Not much for draft grades because a lot of these guys are looking at things on paper and ignoring the human side of things. SI, criticized Miami for taking Cordrea Tankersley when they could have taken Rasul Douglas. IMO, there is much more to building a team than what you see on paper. Would you hire someone based on just what you see on their resume? Grier talked about how Tankersley blew everybody away during his visit. Relationships and team culture are key (frankly, it was something we were missing for a while before Gase) and can go a long way to achieving what both parties want. Wins.

I would have preferred Rasul Douglas in that spot, but I'm not unhappy that we got Tankersley.

I wanted Caleb Brantley instead of Godchauex and/or Taylor...but to serve their purpose, which is to get the most out of the the snaps Phillips is on the field.

The Jets. Feel pretty confident saying they botched it.

Infamous Brady Quinn fluffer Mel Kiper gave us a C+ - the same grade he awarded the Bears. If Mel didn't approve then to me, the Fins must have done something right (he even penalized us for his own **** up of not rating Asiata as draft-worthy)

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/mel-kipers-2017-nfl-draft-grades/story?id=47112467
Kiper has become such a caricature of an expert the past decade or so. He's almost included strictly as comic relief to provide a counterpoint from the dip**** peanut gallery. He's wrong more than he's right and providing draft insight is all he does... how do you screw up the one thing you do so badly? If I studied one thing 362 days a year for decades so I could provide insight for those 3 days, I'd be the draft Yoda. He needs to pay as much attention to his work as he does to that wretched pompadour!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A cute interview doesn't intercept Tom Brady pass.

This is one reason I do not like this draft, its because of WHY they took certain players. There is a way to draft and a way not to and t-bum has never figured it out. Turning down a #1 pick a 3 and a 7 for a player who is sorely 1 dimentional when a sure fire, soon to be pro bowl olb is in your lap, a kid who probably will be this generations Ray Lewis. This is the same mistake ireland made trading out 20 spots when soon to be an all pro safety EARL THOMAS was in our lap at #3 and we NEEDED SÀFETY'S in the worst way at the time!!! We know how that went and the guy they took at the bottom is a nobody now in the NFL, a guy you only know if he has been on your team. This is part two of that collosal blunder.

Yeah, I know all the excuses of why they did it but all they did was talk themselves out of one of the best lb talents in a decade. Really, think about it, would you rather have a guy fail who everyone thought was a top 4 talent and a guy who would be on the field all game then a super, one dimentional part time player? If we chose Foster and he busted, NO ONE would have blamed us for taking him, especially at #22!! But choosing a part time player who can't stop the run over foster will make the front office laughing stocks for sure if and likely when he busts. Plus, there was a dozen other guys with just as much or better pass rush than Harris who were still available and not one dimentionable part timers who we could have had.

The other big draft no-no is locking on player so hard your tunnel vision blinds you to better opportunities that may present themselves, and they did with Harris big time. Harris was in no way shape or form worth giving up a #1, a 3 and 7 over. He is not that good or value of a player to turn that kind of bounty down!! How envious were you seeing all the teams with multiple first rounders and seconds and thirds take great player after great player? We could have added better players this year and started next year with 2 number 1 picks!!! The lack of strategy in drafting has killed Miami for years. If you look at the real quality teams in the NFL, they took opportunities to better not only the draft at hand but future drafts. Nobody turns down a a 1st round and 3rd choice for a one dimentional, part time player who would have still been there 10-20 picks later (or more). No one needing lb TALENT as bad as us should be passing on maybe the best all around lb, sure fire pro bowler for a one trick, PART TIME player. BAD DRAFTING AND STRATEGY!!!!!

As I told Mr. Lol in another thread, come talk to me at the end of December. Then tell me how awful my take is. TANKERSLEY? They loved the interview. That's all I hear from them and the fans. You dont lock on to any player with complete blindness to anything else and you don't get sweet talked in an interview!!! Where is the "we chose him because he can handle every wr New England has"? I havnt heard that from them. Only how wonderful he was in his interview. I am not as down on tank as I am Harris but, again, they broke another BIG draft rule the good teams don't do. Plus, t-bum and grier drafted like we're truly a playoff team and just need some depth or have luxery of taking chances. We ARE NOT A TRUE PLAYOFF TEAM and this draft didn't bring us any closer. ASIATA was a good choice and we probably have our left guard but still, not enough playmakers on defense to get us through new England and through this brutal schedule full of playoff and strong teams who won't be missing half there players.

Blind leading the blind, AGAIN!!!

"This generations Ray Lewis" as he's calling him a OLB...

:lol::lol::lol:

I like Foster too, a lot actually, but he's far from the best LB prospect in a while. He's got injury concerns and off the field concerns. He's basically a smaller Rolando McClain, who when healthy and not being a dumbass, was a good to great backer. McMillian is just as good a instinctive run backer IMO, a little less S2S range but not so much drop off you'll notice.

Foster isn't half the prospect Luke and Willis were, and that's being polite.

Blind leading the blind, AGAIN!!!

I guess we will see won't we. Enjoy being miserable. The draft and finding good players isn't black and white. If it was, teams would be a lot more successful. Having a good working relationship with someone can't be a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom