Dolphins draft grades from around the web | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft grades from around the web

A cute interview doesn't intercept Tom Brady pass.

This is one reason I do not like this draft, its because of WHY they took certain players. There is a way to draft and a way not to and t-bum has never figured it out. Turning down a #1 pick a 3 and a 7 for a player who is sorely 1 dimentional when a sure fire, soon to be pro bowl olb is in your lap, a kid who probably will be this generations Ray Lewis. This is the same mistake ireland made trading out 20 spots when soon to be an all pro safety EARL THOMAS was in our lap at #3 and we NEEDED SÀFETY'S in the worst way at the time!!! We know how that went and the guy they took at the bottom is a nobody now in the NFL, a guy you only know if he has been on your team. This is part two of that collosal blunder.

Yeah, I know all the excuses of why they did it but all they did was talk themselves out of one of the best lb talents in a decade. Really, think about it, would you rather have a guy fail who everyone thought was a top 4 talent and a guy who would be on the field all game then a super, one dimentional part time player? If we chose Foster and he busted, NO ONE would have blamed us for taking him, especially at #22!! But choosing a part time player who can't stop the run over foster will make the front office laughing stocks for sure if and likely when he busts. Plus, there was a dozen other guys with just as much or better pass rush than Harris who were still available and not one dimentionable part timers who we could have had.

The other big draft no-no is locking on player so hard your tunnel vision blinds you to better opportunities that may present themselves, and they did with Harris big time. Harris was in no way shape or form worth giving up a #1, a 3 and 7 over. He is not that good or value of a player to turn that kind of bounty down!! How envious were you seeing all the teams with multiple first rounders and seconds and thirds take great player after great player? We could have added better players this year and started next year with 2 number 1 picks!!! The lack of strategy in drafting has killed Miami for years. If you look at the real quality teams in the NFL, they took opportunities to better not only the draft at hand but future drafts. Nobody turns down a a 1st round and 3rd choice for a one dimentional, part time player who would have still been there 10-20 picks later (or more). No one needing lb TALENT as bad as us should be passing on maybe the best all around lb, sure fire pro bowler for a one trick, PART TIME player. BAD DRAFTING AND STRATEGY!!!!!

As I told Mr. Lol in another thread, come talk to me at the end of December. Then tell me how awful my take is. TANKERSLEY? They loved the interview. That's all I hear from them and the fans. You dont lock on to any player with complete blindness to anything else and you don't get sweet talked in an interview!!! Where is the "we chose him because he can handle every wr New England has"? I havnt heard that from them. Only how wonderful he was in his interview. I am not as down on tank as I am Harris but, again, they broke another BIG draft rule the good teams don't do. Plus, t-bum and grier drafted like we're truly a playoff team and just need some depth or have luxery of taking chances. We ARE NOT A TRUE PLAYOFF TEAM and this draft didn't bring us any closer. ASIATA was a good choice and we probably have our left guard but still, not enough playmakers on defense to get us through new England and through this brutal schedule full of playoff and strong teams who won't be missing half there players.

Blind leading the blind, AGAIN!!!

As someone who threw a public OCD-level pissy fit over Ross allowing some of his players to take a knee, petulantly declaring yourself no longer a fan, why are you forsaking your own integrity by following the team, or even still care for that matter? I believe some of those same knee-taking players are still on the roster and the same billionaire still owns the Fins, n'est ce pas?

Between my Devils winning the NHL Draft Lottery last night and the Fins draft, I'm a happy man this Sunday morning. [emoji106][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL.com gave practically every team an A. I think they're doing that to hype the fanbases. You have to look at the draft grades relative to the other scores given.

I think we got excellent value on all of our picks after round 1. I am ok with our 1st rounder, just unfamiliar and like any other pick I'm worried he won't be great, just good or mediocre. This should be a good draft group. Can't wait to see the big plays they make!

This is one reason I do not like this draft, its because of WHY they took certain players. There is a way to draft and a way not to and t-bum has never figured it out. Turning down a #1 pick a 3 and a 7 for a player who is sorely 1 dimentional when a sure fire, soon to be pro bowl olb is in your lap, a kid who probably will be this generations Ray Lewis. This is the same mistake ireland made trading out 20 spots when soon to be an all pro safety EARL THOMAS was in our lap at #3 and we NEEDED SÀFETY'S in the worst way at the time!!! We know how that went and the guy they took at the bottom is a nobody now in the NFL, a guy you only know if he has been on your team. This is part two of that collosal blunder.

Yeah, I know all the excuses of why they did it but all they did was talk themselves out of one of the best lb talents in a decade. Really, think about it, would you rather have a guy fail who everyone thought was a top 4 talent and a guy who would be on the field all game then a super, one dimentional part time player? If we chose Foster and he busted, NO ONE would have blamed us for taking him, especially at #22!! But choosing a part time player who can't stop the run over foster will make the front office laughing stocks for sure if and likely when he busts. Plus, there was a dozen other guys with just as much or better pass rush than Harris who were still available and not one dimentionable part timers who we could have had.

The other big draft no-no is locking on player so hard your tunnel vision blinds you to better opportunities that may present themselves, and they did with Harris big time. Harris was in no way shape or form worth giving up a #1, a 3 and 7 over. He is not that good or value of a player to turn that kind of bounty down!! How envious were you seeing all the teams with multiple first rounders and seconds and thirds take great player after great player? We could have added better players this year and started next year with 2 number 1 picks!!! The lack of strategy in drafting has killed Miami for years. If you look at the real quality teams in the NFL, they took opportunities to better not only the draft at hand but future drafts. Nobody turns down a a 1st round and 3rd choice for a one dimentional, part time player who would have still been there 10-20 picks later (or more). No one needing lb TALENT as bad as us should be passing on maybe the best all around lb, sure fire pro bowler for a one trick, PART TIME player. BAD DRAFTING AND STRATEGY!!!!!

I was not really able to watch the draft well (no NFL Network or ESPN etc) but are you saying that someone offered their 1st, 3rd and 7th round picks for our 22th pick in the 1st round? Because Burrito and TJ Watt was still there to be had. Or do you mean someone's next year's 1st rounder?

Thanks. Always fun to read the draft grades even though we know they mean nothing this early.

Interesting that two sites thought Miami should have taken Lamp instead of Harris in round one.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Not much for draft grades because a lot of these guys are looking at things on paper and ignoring the human side of things. SI, criticized Miami for taking Cordrea Tankersley when they could have taken Rasul Douglas. IMO, there is much more to building a team than what you see on paper. Would you hire someone based on just what you see on their resume? Grier talked about how Tankersley blew everybody away during his visit. Relationships and team culture are key (frankly, it was something we were missing for a while before Gase) and can go a long way to achieving what both parties want. Wins.

Good point. I think finding the right fits are as important as talent.

Between my Devils winning the NHL Draft Lottery last night and the Fins draft, I'm a happy man this Sunday morning. [emoji106][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. The NJ Devils buck the odds and won the lottery. I'm psyched!!!!

NFL.com gave practically every team an A. I think they're doing that to hype the fanbases. You have to look at the draft grades relative to the other scores given.

In a sense this was also a historical draft. There was so much talent even in the late rounds. For that reason, it's conceivable that most teams this year had good to great drafts. Not downplaying what Miami did, but you are not building in a vacuum. Other teams got better as well.

As I told Mr. Lol in another thread, come talk to me at the end of December. Then tell me how awful my take is. TANKERSLEY? They loved the interview. That's all I hear from them and the fans. You dont lock on to any player with complete blindness to anything else and you don't get sweet talked in an interview!!! Where is the "we chose him because he can handle every wr New England has"? I havnt heard that from them. Only how wonderful he was in his interview. I am not as down on tank as I am Harris but, again, they broke another BIG draft rule the good teams don't do. Plus, t-bum and grier drafted like we're truly a playoff team and just need some depth or have luxery of taking chances. We ARE NOT A TRUE PLAYOFF TEAM and this draft didn't bring us any closer. ASIATA was a good choice and we probably have our left guard but still, not enough playmakers on defense to get us through new England and through this brutal schedule full of playoff and strong teams who won't be missing half there players.

giphy.gif

USA Today sucks at reviewing video games and they suck at the NFL draft too

Huh. You didn't like who they drafted? Imagine that. Guess the sky is blue then.

Fact of the matter is, as pointed out by several people, the true grade for this draft class won't be avaialbe for a few years. That goes for any draft. Rookies are a gamble. There is no guarantee that they will improve a team in their first year. But like all jobs you have to bring in new people to replace tbose who can no longer hack it so you have to take the chance and hope the new guys pan out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. You didn't like who they drafted. Imagine that. Guess the sky is blue then.

Fact of the matter is, as pointed out by several people, the true grade for this draft class won't be avaialbe for a few years. That goes for any draft. Rookies are a gamble. There is no guarantee that they will improve a team in their first year. But like all jobs you have to bring in new people to replace tbose who can no longer hack it so you have to take the chance and hope the new guys pan out.

[video=youtube_share;9gSQg1i_q2g]https://youtu.be/9gSQg1i_q2g[/video]

In a sense this was also a historical draft. There was so much talent even in the late rounds. For that reason, it's conceivable that most teams this year had good to great drafts. Not downplaying what Miami did, but you are not building in a vacuum. Other teams got better as well.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. But it makes grading sort of silly. This is definitely one of those drafts that we're just going to see how these kids develop. For all we know, Mitch Trubisky is going to be the next Dan Marino and Myles Garrett could be Steve Emtman 2.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. But it makes grading sort of silly. This is definitely one of those drafts that we're just going to see how these kids develop. For all we know, Mitch Trubisky is going to be the next Dan Marino and Myles Garrett could be Steve Emtman 2.

So true. And there will be players we barely heard of who could turn out as well. On a radio show, Bill Polian was discussing how 60% of first rounders are successful. Not sure how success is determined, but that's a really low number. Let's wait and see, but does look very promising for Miami.

Draft grades are nonsense. Only time to get a true grade. None step a foot in the NFL but gets grades? That's like reading about poop in a box

Back
Top Bottom