Dolphins’ first-rounder impressing | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ first-rounder impressing

I like Harris but man I think Tak McKinley could become another Shawne Merriman before the injuries.
A roided up player isn't what we need.

Though I get your point about a player who is playing at a very high level, and takk could be.

Last edited:
I was torn between Tak and Harris in round 1 but I'm happy with the decision at this point. The difference being that one ran a 4.59 and the other a 4.83. Tak hasn't even practiced yet due to the shoulder injury (4-6 month recovery) and he seems a bit immature. Harris is healthy and seems far advanced in the maturity department. I like his approach and motor. All arrows are pointing up for him to make a decent contribution as a rookie. Tak was not even the next choice for the FO. That would have been Taco if you believe the reports.

While I have high hopes for Harris, I think we need to pump the brakes on everyone trashing Branch,

5.5 sacks isn't any great number, but when you remember he didn't start the first 5 games of the season that number looks a bit better. Last year's pace would have had him at 8 or 9 sacks, which is nice for your second best pass rusher. Branch was also decent against the run, and had great energy when he was on the field, one of those guys that gets the other players pumped up.

Ultimately, I would love to see Harris take the starting job away from Branch, but that would mean that Harris would be playing at a very high level, not that Branch is a bum.

His career high in sacks for a season is 6. Derek Shelby got 3.5 sacks in 9 starts and 16 games played his last year with the Dolphins. He would have been a lot cheaper to keep and Shelby was much better against the run...MUCH better.

His career high in sacks for a season is 6. Derek Shelby got 3.5 sacks in 9 starts and 16 games played his last year with the Dolphins. He would have been a lot cheaper to keep and Shelby was much better against the run...MUCH better.

....AND....Koan Misi had 4.5 in 11 starts as a rookie. Just sayin

I was torn between Tak and Harris in round 1 but I'm happy with the decision at this point. The difference being that one ran a 4.59 and the other a 4.83. Tak hasn't even practiced yet due to the shoulder injury (4-6 month recovery) and he seems a bit immature. Harris is healthy and seems far advanced in the maturity department. I like his approach and motor. All arrows are pointing up for him to make a decent contribution as a rookie. Tak was not even the next choice for the FO. That would have been Taco if you believe the reports.

I would've been so pissed!

I would've been so pissed!
You and me both. When Miami was on the clock, I just kept saying....no tacos, no tacos. no tacos. Probably the first time in my life I ever uttered those words. Of course, he could prove me wrong but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom