Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

If Miami has no intention on signing him to a deal how does Landry have any leverage nevermind all of it?

You know as well as I do he wont hold out during the season.
You better believe it, Landry is seeing dollar signs right now, no way he sits out the season. Landry goes to the highest bidder and the Dolphins know that. I personally think it's a great move, once we don't pay him 16 mill.

Wow! How can anyone still think comp picks are automatic when a quality player walks? You only get comp picks when you don't sign other FA's from a similar tier.

The Dolphins made the right move here. It is a good gamble, and not even that much of a gamble really. Now, they can possibly get a pick for Landry, and, sign other quality free agents like,uh,er, Andrew Norwell.

i bet they lock up Landry to a long term deal soon... glad to have him back but would like to see a more cap friendly long term deal

I highly doubt he ends up playing for us under the tag. Either he gets traded or they find a better long term deal. No need to worry

So how can you be "close"

If you haven't made an offer in over 2 months?

Omar's tweet doesnt make sense... If Fins are listening to trade offers, they actually WANT the other teams to try and work out a deal... A signed long term Landry is worth a whole lot more than a franchise tagged Landry...

What I got out of the Herald article is that it's hands off on Landry unless you want to start giving up 1st rounders. I like the move, I'll bet RT likes the move also.

I like that we are keeping him for a variety of reasons. But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how this organization cannot be proactive and sign guys early. Do you see NE go down the wire with Gronk or Edelman? No, they get them signed early at club friendly deals.

This sounds like Miami had no intentions of letting Landry leave without compensation and hide their minds made up long ago on the tag if he didn't lower his price. If there is no trade or he signs a team friendly contract, Landry will have to play balls out next season in another free agent year. Then again I don't ever see us paying that franchise tag money. The team is looking out for their best interest right now.

The bridges from Davie to Landry headquarters are on fire right now. How deep is the disdain Landry has for Miami right now? Players always have beef with the front office during these times. I just wonder that there is a strife between him and Gase (see Ajayi) and it may not be irreconcilable. There is a really high possibility that Landry just doesn't want to be a Dolphin anymore.

At least we have a thread for a while to distract away from all the stupid RT topics.

Please get a1st for him now from whoever is stupid enough to pay that. I'd like us to be on the other end of a stupid transaction for once.

Wow! How can anyone still think comp picks are automatic when a quality player walks? You only get comp picks when you don't sign other FA's from a similar tier.

The Dolphins made the right move here. It is a good gamble, and not even that much of a gamble really. Now, they can possibly get a pick for Landry, and, sign other quality free agents like,uh,er, Andrew Norwell.

I like the Fins move, but we aren't gonna spend a bunch in free agency this year because we won't have the funds to be big players, so Landry would draw a good comp pick in all likelihood. IMHO we made the better move though.

But what's the point of keeping him at 16 mill for one year? It's not like he'll be the reason we win the super bowl in 2018. We're not ready yet. We just ****ed up the cap AND free agency as well. We need help at Guard,LB,TE,DE and back up QB and RB so what do we do? We'll give Landry 16mill.......smfh

Ozzy rules!!

We won't get adequate help in all of those areas in Free Agency. Makes more sense to secure a player you KNOW is good in your system as opposed to spending money on players you HOPE will be good in your system in ***ency. And if they aren't sold that he's worth a 48M investment, 12M per year for 4 years (Which is what it would probably take to sign him long term) then I can see the idea of investing 16M this year with hopes of trading him in the future.

Love the move! Jarvis is a real football player, never misses games, fights for every yard. We need more guys like this.

Back
Top Bottom