Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

I think he'll sign when or if he signs a suitor otherwise he'll wait until the 11th hour.

Yeah I dont think thats how it works...

I've been wondering about that PFT article too. There's been no official statement from either side acknowledging his "acceptance" of the tag. Clearly, there would have to be some objective evidence that he has accepted the tag and at least the Dolphins saying so would accomplish that.

That seems to be the proper interpretation of the gesture. The CBA doesn’t require formal signature. It speaks only in terms of the tender having been “accepted..

Who the ... thought that was a good idea to put in the CBA?..

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe Miami guessed Landry isn’t worth what he thinks he is and they’re right? So far it seems like trades have been on the table but died at Landry’s contract demands. If he doesn’t loosen up on those demands why wouldn’t he play here for 16 million and if he does loosen up why not take our offer. Maybe the FO is winning a chess match here.

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe Miami guessed Landry isn’t worth what he thinks he is and they’re right? So far it seems like trades have been on the table but died at Landry’s contract demands. If he doesn’t loosen up on those demands why wouldn’t he play here for 16 million and if he does loosen up why not take our offer. Maybe the FO is winning a chess match here.

Thing is, other teams know the Fins are stuck cap wise, so some of those teams might be waiting on the Fins to outright let him go so they can just pay the money without additionnal compensation.

BUT once he's out there, his price tag goes up since they're competing with each other. We'll see what happens but it will be interesting to see what Landry ultimately gets on the open market if he gets there. We'll get at the very least a ball park as to how much GMs value draft picks more than cap space...

VIP members got a feel for the contracts that were offered to Landry in trade talks, so if one of those teams pony up alot more money on the open market, it will certainly be a clear sign of how much they really value their picks...

You may be right, the Panthers reportedly were ready to give up the 24th pick in the 1st round for the trade but only wanted to pay him $10 million per

Last edited:
Yeah I dont think thats how it works...

I've been wondering about that PFT article too. There's been no official statement from either side acknowledging his "acceptance" of the tag. Clearly, there would have to be some objective evidence that he has accepted the tag and at least the Dolphins saying so would accomplish that.

Made me lol !!! Funny

well i heard he dosent have to sign it or verbally agree to sign it. It just has to reported on a message board that he will sign and its binding!

Seriously right?

I mean verbally agreeing to a multi-million dollar contract is binding and makes it so it cannot be rescinded? This has been this way for how long and it just now comes to light? Bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom