Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

You mean match the tag amount of $16 million per year?!?!? Any GM offering a big contract close to this and compensating Miami with a first rounder should be fired immediately.
in today's NFL, nothing would surprise me...and if our FO didn't get fired for the Suh contract, then i'm sure another GM wouldn't get fired for working out a long term deal with Landry and giving up a first this year, or next...

in today's NFL, nothing would surprise me...and if our FO didn't get fired for the Suh contract, then i'm sure another GM wouldn't get fired for working out a long term deal with Landry and giving up a first this year, or next...

Signing the arguably best DT in the NFL as a free agent, despite the cost, is nothing like signing Landry to a top 5 WR contract AND giving up a first . . . That would be ridiculous IMO.

And the Suh deal only looks like an eye sore because Miami has eaten twice off of it and Cutler ate their contigency rollover they had from the second Suh restructure

The deal was an expected value when he signed it.

TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if Miami makes a play for Allen Robinson. He's a legit #1 who won't command 15 a year because of his ACL injury.

Signing the arguably best DT in the NFL as a free agent, despite the cost, is nothing like signing Landry to a top 5 WR contract AND giving up a first . . . That would be ridiculous IMO.

And the Suh deal only looks like an eye sore because Miami has eaten twice off of it and Cutler ate their contigency rollover they had from the second Suh restructure

The deal was an expected value when he signed it.

Come next year Suh's contact won't even be bad. Miami has about 40 million next year right now before any cuts/trades, signings..

The whole "cap hell" that people throw around is completely false.

Report: Bears, Ravens inquiring about Landry
9405.jpg

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Bears and Ravens are among "at least five teams" to inquire about trading for Jarvis Landry.

Fowler says "no deal is imminent at this time," but all signs point toward Landry being traded in the next couple weeks or so. Both the Bears and Ravens desperately need receiving corps upgrades, and Landry would certainly be a good start. While he isn't a prototypical No. 1 receiver, he would provide an obvious boost to both teams that have over 200 available targets and close to 50 percent of their air yards available from last season.

Ozzy rules!!

I'd be shocked if anyone here thinks we'd be receiving a first-round pick for him. I think we're hoping to a Solid 2

not sure how i would feel about losing landry for a low 3rd or worse....

Unless they start cutting players left and right, they have to get rid of the 16M by march 14th, correct?

The FO sucks. Yet another example of inept laziness not being proactive and getting a new deal done before the past season -- pay the kid and reward his efforts as opposed to the bonehead move (exactly like OV Lamarvelous Rishard Matthews etc.)! No. Do nothing and just play the crude fran tag card. Wow! Brilliant!

I'm not the FO biggest fan, but I don't necessarily agree with keeping those players at all costs.

Vernon has 15 sacks in two years with the Giants, but he's also about to get paid 17 million this year and I think around 19 million the next.

Lamar may get cut because of his contract after two years.

Rishard had 100 more yards than Parker in one more game played and as an added bonus, he didn't have Cutler throwing to him either.

I liked those 3 guys, but they went out and got big contracts and haven't exactly became stars. I mean, 2 of the 3 are on teams that finished in the bottom 4 in the league.

No, they'll be ok to carry the cap hit, they just won't have flexibility to do anything in free agency until his cap hit is off the books. I'm sure they are working with a few players (i.e. Pouncey, Quinn, James) on restructures to create more room. Otherwise players like James and Pouncey could possibly be cut but that was always a possibility regardless of cap situation.

We may need to make a decision soon with both Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins hitting FA.

Chicago can have a clutch receiver in Landry for their young qb. They give us their 8th, because it's better to have a known playmaker than an unknown.

With 8 we take Mayfield, and Q. Nelson at 11, or maybe Edmunds.

But I digress. I REALLY want to hear some Landry noise, trade talk etc. We need a spy on this guy at all times. Our draft will be dependent on where he goes and what compensation we get.

Need more Landry updates.

Chicago can have a clutch receiver in Landry for their young qb. They give us their 8th, because it's better to have a known playmaker than an unknown.

With 8 we take Mayfield, and Q. Nelson at 11, or maybe Edmunds.

But I digress. I REALLY want to hear some Landry noise, trade talk etc. We need a spy on this guy at all times. Our draft will be dependent on where he goes and what compensation we get.

Need more Landry updates.

They’d never give us the 8th pick LOL. I would absolutely love it tho.

Back
Top Bottom