Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

You aren’t getting a top 10 pick for juice. If you demand that the only thing you are gonna hear is the other teams full belly laughs.

If we trade him I think it’s gonna be a high 2 at the end of it all. Maybe a low 2 and a late rounder

You might get a little more if you play it forward as in take compensation in 2019

I don’t think the 4 and 58 demand is gonna be a problem. Unless he wants it all guaranteed or something. Miami loves to pay guys 70 plus percent guaranteed that’s by and large a league wide exception but I bet he finds at least 60

Then I say keep him.

You can have stills all day I will take juice

You might be right. But either way, this is something over which I have no control. So, stay or go, I will root for the best outcome for the team. If Juice goes, then I will hope that Adam Gase can still get production out of his slot receivers. If Juice stays, I will hope that he can keep his temper in check and continue to grow into a red zone threat.

Personally, I am more concerned about the Ja'Wuan James situation right now. I thought he played well when healthy, and it's not like it's going to break the bank to retain him. And yet here we are, and it looks like we are going to stick with Mike Pouncey and his 90 year old hips, and let James walk out the door.

Where are you getting this James stuff? Walking out the door?

If they are doing that they have in house option in mind. There’s no way they can let James walk and then use a top 2 round pick on a damn right tackle.

That’s clown shoes. There’d be a justified riot outside the complex

At least with juice there’s compensation to justify a move at wr should they make one

What’s screwing us is that damn Tavon Austin contract cause that was horrid and if I’m juice there’s no way in this earth I’m signing for even $12 mil per when that dude makes that 2 years later in this market

You guys need to wrap yourselves around how much money these teams have. It’s not a great draft at wr they have money that they have to spend frankly the money I don’t think is even that big a deal in regards to being willing to trade for Jarvis.

I will be utterly amazed if Chicago balks at this at even $15 mil per and a high 2.

He’s proven he’s 25 he doesn’t miss games and he produces every week. He didn’t hold out he played out his contract terms and now he wants to get paid.

It doesn’t get much safer

I agree with livethefish that juice is top 15 although probably on the tail end of that. and when it comes to supply and demand and the fact that if Robinson doesn’t hit who is coming off an acl mind you which should give everyone some pause juice is gonna be the most coveted wr out there.

4 and 58 and high 2 be damned

These type players don’t hit the market so when they are available and teams know they can get full contract terms return on the player given his age his production and his durability they get in line for it.

I think 4/58 is close to fair for Juice.
Damn we are 4-5 pieces away from legit playoff run IMO. Don't create another hole!

Save 7 mill on broken down Pouncey.
Draft a LG/ Sign a young Center.
Fix the LB mess through draft & FA.
RT17 & Raekwon will help.
Any TE will be better than last year.
This is a 10 win team.

I love the ‘Dolphins will be extremely limited in FA if he tag remains on Landry’. Well good- sicne the FA class is not great and maybe they save them self from yet another FA mistske.

Its also already been pointed out how they can create cap if they really wanted to - so thats just straight BS.

You guys need to wrap yourselves around how much money these teams have. It’s not a great draft at wr they have money that they have to spend frankly the money I don’t think is even that big a deal in regards to being willing to trade for Jarvis.

I will be utterly amazed if Chicago balks at this at even $15 mil per and a high 2.

He’s proven he’s 25 he doesn’t miss games and he produces every week. He didn’t hold out he played out his contract terms and now he wants to get paid.

It doesn’t get much safer
This is what I'm saying about Juice- everyone on this assumes production & health & balls, like they are a given.
This kid is the toughest guy on the team, guys when the Ravens say they want Landry- let's pay attention. It's means something.
Can bet you they don't want many others.

This is what I'm saying about Juice- everyone on this assumes production & health & balls, like they are a given.
This kid is the toughest guy on the team, guys when the Ravens say they want Landry- let's pay attention. It's means something.
Can bet you they don't want many others.

I hear you but Ravens receiving core is pitiful- that want him
or Lee or etc. fits right in with Flacco and his short passing game.

I agree with livethefish that juice is top 15 although probably on the tail end of that. and when it comes to supply and demand and the fact that if Robinson doesn’t hit who is coming off an acl mind you which should give everyone some pause juice is gonna be the most coveted wr out there.

4 and 58 and high 2 be damned

These type players don’t hit the market so when they are available and teams know they can get full contract terms return on the player given his age his production and his durability they get in line for it.

I'm not at all convinced Miami can get a R2 pick. The odds are good, but the number of suitors will determine the pick. While I see at least a high R2 pick, a R3 won't surprise me. Ummm, IF the trade happens

I'm not at all convinced Miami can get a R2 pick. The odds are good, but the number of suitors will determine the pick. While I see at least a high R2 pick, a R3 won't surprise me. Ummm, IF the trade happens

Yup, more towards rd 3, if it happens. I agree.

I just don’t understand it. Pay juice 4 and 58 and 32 guaranteed keep stills for another year and pick up dvps 5th year

I don’t care that we have that much money in wr these guys graded out pretty much tops on your entire team

And tannehill will get more out of dvp cause all the timing routes will be in play with him under center. He’s not bailing out first sign of color

And also folks what tight end in that class comes in and offsets losing juice from the get go? There’s no gronk waiting to crush the league from the get go.

I love the ‘Dolphins will be extremely limited in FA if he tag remains on Landry’. Well good- sicne the FA class is not great and maybe they save them self from yet another FA mistske.

Its also already been pointed out how they can create cap if they really wanted to - so thats just straight BS.

Exactly, if someone wants Landry then give us a good pick. If not we'll keep him then next season when Suh's cap hit and Landry's cap hit are minmal again we'd have way more money to play with.

Don't see many FAs worth the time tbh..Anyone got a list?

I just don’t understand it. Pay juice 4 and 58 and 32 guaranteed keep stills for another year and pick up dvps 5th year

I don’t care that we have that much money in wr these guys graded out pretty much tops on your entire team

And tannehill will get more out of dvp cause all the timing routes will be in play with him under center. He’s not bailing out first sign of color

And also folks what tight end in that class comes in and offsets losing juice from the get go? There’s no gronk waiting to crush the league from the get go.

Missed the TE last year etc. and its not just about money at this point- that is clear as day.

Exactly, if someone wants Landry then give us a good pick. If not we'll keep him then next season when Suh's cap hit and Landry's cap hit are minmal again we'd have way more money to play with.

Don't see many FAs worth the time tbh..Anyone got a list?

The list sucks, especially the WR list that will probably hit the market unless some other vets get cut. The next year WR is loaded unless they get locked up.

Back
Top Bottom