Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

Chicago can have a clutch receiver in Landry for their young qb. They give us their 8th, because it's better to have a known playmaker than an unknown.

With 8 we take Mayfield, and Q. Nelson at 11, or maybe Edmunds.

But I digress. I REALLY want to hear some Landry noise, trade talk etc. We need a spy on this guy at all times. Our draft will be dependent on where he goes and what compensation we get.

Need more Landry updates.

Lol. What fantasy world are you living in? Surely you're joking. Dude, we're not getting more than a second round pick for Juice and probably a only a third. No sane GM is doing that trade. You draft Ridley if you want a receiver that badly.

Exactly, if someone wants Landry then give us a good pick. If not we'll keep him then next season when Suh's cap hit and Landry's cap hit are minmal again we'd have way more money to play with.

Don't see many FAs worth the time tbh..Anyone got a list?

Isn't Suh's cap hit in 2019 $28.1 million?

They’d never give us the 8th pick LOL. I would absolutely love it tho.
Haha, we gotta talk him up to them! "C'mon Chicago, you know you want him, we know you want him.."
Better yet, let's get Kevin Costner to sell this.

Lol. What fantasy world are you living in? Surely you're joking. Dude, we're not getting more than a second round pick for Juice and probably a only a third. No sane GM is doing that trade. You draft Ridley if you want a receiver that badly.
It's a GREAT fantasy!

I am hoping Juice takes 13m from us. If we aren't able to trade him for at least a high third round pick, I'm going to be upset. Sadly, if we keep him on the tag this year and his ypc shows a decent bump with Tanne back, he is gonna get PAID in 2019. It's better to get something than nothing.

I am hoping Juice takes 13m from us. If we aren't able to trade him for at least a high third round pick, I'm going to be upset. Sadly, if we keep him on the tag this year and his ypc shows a decent bump with Tanne back, he is gonna get PAID in 2019. It's better to get something than nothing.
Yes, get a decent pick for him, and do not give him away just because. If he stays, he will be a great outlet for Mayfield...I mean Tannehill

Landry is JUST a slot receiver but (2) of the best safeties in the league are begging their team to pay him 16M per year. They don't seem to be worried about it affecting their salary cap and ability to add talent. He would be their #1 receiver as well.

Landry is JUST a slot receiver but (2) of the best safeties in the league are begging their team to pay him 16M per year. They don't seem to be worried about it affecting their salary cap and ability to add talent. He would be their #1 receiver as well.

That team is gearing up for a 2 year run before they have to blow it all up.

Harbaugh/Flacco/Newsome era's winding down. For THAT franchise to even consider giving up their much coveted draft picks and salary cap space, that's telling about their future.

That team is gearing up for a 2 year run before they have to blow it all up.

Harbaugh/Flacco/Newsome era's winding down. For THAT franchise to even consider giving up their much coveted draft picks and salary cap space, that's telling about their future.

You could say the same thing about Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum. One a side note, I'd rather make that run with Tannehill over Flacco.

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins not getting tagged is going to hurt us on the Landry trade front. Add that in addition to Calvin Ridley in the draft and there are now three possible WR1 available.

Yeah, this is gonna end with the compensation being a third rounder at best.

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins not getting tagged is going to hurt us on the Landry trade front. Add that in addition to Calvin Ridley in the draft and there are now three possible WR1 available.

You have a point however both of those guys have an injury history where Jarvis hasn't.

I would say it hurts Landry a lot more. Why in the world would those team trade high picks AND gave Landry that ludicrous $$$$

I'm wondering if Miami pulls the tag as they begin to see the market moving WR pay down. No way I let him sign that tag unless it's needed to finalize a trade. I'd rather let him walk, save the money, and get a 3rd round comp next season.

You have a point however both of those guys have an injury history where Jarvis hasn't.
What is this with some people bringing up in their posts that other players have an injury history? Just because Jarvis Landry hasn't been injured doesn't mean he will not get injured down the road. Hell, Joe Thomas didn't miss a game at left tackle in 10 seasons and then tore his tricep this past year. You can put some weight in the fact that both have been injured in the past but they are both very good receivers. A team can sign either one of these receivers & they don't have to cough up a draft pick to obtain them. This will definitely hurt Landry's chance of getting the type of deal he thinks he deserves.

We need to just extend Landry, remain poor in FA and just focus on the draft.

We have our DL set
Draft another LB and we're set
Draft a cb/s and we're set

Defense is done for this year

Draft a TE
Draft a OL before the 4th rnd
Draft late or pick up some udfa rbs
Wr would be set
Tannehill is back,

Offense is set for this year

THEN NEXT YEAR PURGE all of the bad contracts and spend on any holes

Last edited: