"Dolphins Front Office Draws Mass Rebuke" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Front Office Draws Mass Rebuke"

No no guys....as the homers say.....guys guys settle down, this FO is fine, we just need an Oc.....you all are overreacting.....keep smoking that weed
do we even have homers anymore? I was a big time homer, but even I can't stomach what's happened over the past week.

The hell with the New York media, they're always looking for a way to put the dolphins down. They have been so miserable for so many years and why not share their misery with another organization that they hate. Go out and prove these fools wrong. The team still has some decent players and let's hope that these new coaches utilize all of their talents like other coaches do with their players. Good coaching with creative game planning will get this team back in contention. Sparano is on his last legs. Maybe, he goes out there this year and allows these players to play to win the games and just not to lose them. If not, he won't be around and he knows it. Look how horribly the team was coached this year and with some luck they also could have been a playoff team.

Amen. We took a weak coach who should have been fired the day after the season, weakened him further, then plan to march him out onto the field in 2011 waving the "playoffs or bust!" banner. How can we fail?

This was my argument from the beginning, when this whole fiasco started. I hoped that we got Harbaugh, not because I think he's gonna come in and "Belichick" it, but because I feared how the h*ll is Sparano gonna turn this thing around after this whole dog and pony show. Seems my fears are becoming a reality.

Whoever the HC is, I just hope that we could get a good OC who can look past all of this. This is just as bad as the Bucs and Parcells show, which eventually led to the hiring of Gruden, and what eventually crippled that franchise for a couple years (i.e. traded 1st round picks and $)

No, the beginning of the end is when people continually listen to the media. The media writes stories to get a reaction from people, otherwise, they are useless. Look at the media outlets out there putting this team down. The same ones that can't stand this team for its long history and tradition. Like Sparano always preaches, we have to stay together as a team. Sparano understands it's a business, otherwise, he wouldn't cut half of the players that he didn't. So when Sparano cuts a player is that not cut throat? The players that he has cut also have feelings and family members out there. Sparano was going to get paid either way. He's an adult, he'll get over it and he'll move on. Let's do the same.

what a joke. we look like fools. Ross comes in and wants to do things his way and this is what we get. This is the beginning of the end.

Anyone still want to argue with me on whether Ross is an idiot?

I got some news for everybody. Twitter and facebook are not the real world. There has not been one official announcement one way or the other or any press release by Ross, Harbaugh or anyone in official capacity to know anything. You've got internet couch coaches following Ross's plane movement and tweets and twitters and internet chatter that doesn't mean anything. The embarrassment goes to the supposedly legit news media for picking up and running with any of this non-information.

Therein lies the problem. Because the Miami front office doesn't do it's negotiating in the media non uf the media pundits really know whats going on.

So they have to guess and assume and get their "sources" from the water cooler.

This whole ****show was a media fabrication. If the dolphins released a statement it may have diffused some of the negativity. But its Ross' prerogative. They don't owe the media anything. Their duty is to do what's best for the franchise. If we got Harbaugh, an unproven coach, to walk in Saban like and watch him fail over the next 3 years people would be fleecing Ross then too. AND we still pay Sparano.

Not getting Harbaugh may be a bless in disguise down the road.

The media has done a fine job in creating this mess... like walking a dog and letting it **** in your neighbors lawn.. then scurrying away to not pick it up.

We look like fools because someone tells you we do. I'm sure if you currently had a job and you interviewed for another job you would tell your boss. Let's stop being so hypocritical and move on. Sprano cuts players all of the time and the fans never blink an eye. It's a cut throat business and I think that the coach understands that. Win and the fans love you, lose and fear for your job. Every coach out there understands that at some point in time he will be fired. Sparano is the true winner out of this whole thing. Look how many people currently feel sorry for him and at the end of the season they actually hated him. Sparano has moved on so should the fans.

No, the beginning of the end is when people continually listen to the media. The media writes stories to get a reaction from people, otherwise, they are useless. Look at the media outlets out there putting this team down. The same ones that can't stand this team for its long history and tradition. Like Sparano always preaches, we have to stay together as a team. Sparano understands it's a business, otherwise, he wouldn't cut half of the players that he did. So, when Sparano cuts a player is that not cut throat? The players that he has cut also have feelings and family members out there. Sparano was going to get paid either way. He's an adult, he'll get over it and he'll move on. Let's do the same.

What you think he is going to say ? "What a dumbazz I work for, God I hate Ross & Sparano" He does that and they make his life miserable next season.....oh wait, he already works for the Dolphins that will make his life miserable anyways.

I thought Sparano could not control the locker room? If so, why would the players care about next year. The fact still remains that out of all those "tweets" the only one from anyone with the Dolphin Organization is happy that Sparano is staying, spin it how you will. It proves the point to me that Sparano has not lost the locker room, and that he can still coach this team.

I mean... who cares what these morons think.... they know nothing.... they are garbage-men... (no disrespect to the real garbage-men)...

I find them self important... arrogant... and so far down the food chain of respectability... they rank somewhere between.... Jeffrey Dalmer and Mike Tyson.... yes.

No disrespect to garbage men, You have enough sense for the (brackets) but too stupid to delete it.

I thought Sparano could not control the locker room? If so, why would the players care about next year. The fact still remains that out of all those "tweets" the only one from anyone with the Dolphin Organization is happy that Sparano is staying, spin it how you will. It proves the point to me that Sparano has not lost the locker room, and that he can still coach this team.

The whole point is even though you want to not want him, now you almost have to like him because he just become the abused underdog

I really dont find anything embarassing with the way our search was handled. Sparano was not fired for a reason. We didnt interview a minority coach for a reason. Ross wanted to explore (not necessarily hire) other candidates and did. He decided Cowher and Gruden were not good fits for whatever reason, and I dont know what happened in talks with Harbaugh, but things broke down and nobody knows what really happened. Nobody knows for sure if we even offered him the job. I'm not so sure we were all that committed to hiring a new coach, being that we haven't interviewed a minority coach yet, or even fired Sparano. Sparano has been working the past few days, so obviously he felt like he had a good shot at staying with the Fins. Ross made the correct moves imo, and did a good job in not talking to the media.

The only people who should be embarassed are the media. They were the ones who blew this thing up, and after they were all wrong, they want to shift the blame to Miami managment by saying they mishandled the situation.

I'm not as pissed off for it being wrong what happened to Tony as i'm pissed we kept him.

I agree with namor, the whole coaching staff should be fired except for nolan. If i was ross i would give cowher whatever he wants or go hire brian billick. YOu cannot keep sparano after all this, it wont work.

I cannot shake the WTF just happened feeling. Just when you thought things couldn't get worse for Dolphin fans, this farce happens and the Dolphins are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. I'm fricken sick....God, I wish I didn't care about this team so much.

Now we are going to need several new positon coaches and a new OC...What coach in their right mind would want to come to this mess with a lame duck head coach? Not any of the high quality, respected coaches that we need.....Ugh, I just threw up....

I have a feeling like we're the equivelant to an expansion team right now. Does anyone else feel that way?

I agree with namor, the whole coaching staff should be fired except for nolan. If i was ross i would give cowher whatever he wants or go hire brian billick. YOu cannot keep sparano after all this, it wont work.

So give Cowher whatever he wants. That means firing Nolan. If Cowher comes in here, he will CLEAN HOUSE, literally. Everyone will be gone including Nolan. Don't you think Ross is somewhat weighing all of that? Our defensive system and personnell were pretty good last year. They are a bright spot. Why mess with it. Bring in a coach that can deal with Nolan being the DC and Ireland being the GM (you won't sway Ross off this one, he wants Ireland here). If you can't find anyone that's flashy enough to make a change, keep Sparano. That's basically how this whole thing went down and it's really not that big of a deal. Sorry, but I didn't let the media sway me this time. It's happened to me in the past, but I'm not falling for it this time.

Back
Top Bottom