Dolphins Have Top 8 Receiving Corps | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Top 8 Receiving Corps

Um s a dolphin fan this list super overrated our guys.

I am a big fan of Landry, but there's no comparison. Cooper is far and away the better WR.

Landry might well be the best slot receiver in the NFL. IMO, the only thing Cooper has on Landry is speed. Amari is a bit larger, but Landry plays bigger than his size which makes that advantage moot IMO.

Landry is more adept at getting open and has better hands. Also I think you'll find that Landry is doubled a lot more than Cooper which certainly helps limit production. This might change under Gase, but to this point in time, Cooper has also played with a better QB and in a better offense. Yet, sans a couple of TD's, Jarvis has still out-produced Cooper the past 2 seasons.

You may disagree with the above, but at worst it's really close. "Far and away the better WR" is gross exaggeration.

Landry might well be the best slot receiver in the NFL. IMO, the only thing Cooper has on Landry is speed. Amari is a bit larger, but Landry plays bigger than his size which makes that advantage moot IMO.

Landry is more adept at getting open and has better hands. Also I think you'll find that Landry is doubled a lot more than Cooper which certainly helps limit production. This might change under Gase, but to this point in time, Cooper has also played with a better QB and in a better offense. Yet, sans a couple of TD's, Jarvis has still out-produced Cooper the past 2 seasons.

You may disagree with the above, but at worst it's really close. "Far and away the better WR" is gross exaggeration.

This is what I call Dolphin fan-speak. Especially the last bolded phrase which is also bullshit.

I'll agree far and away is an exaggeration but Cooper is the certainly the better wideout. He can and does play any spot and isn't restricted to a specific role.

Last edited:
I see big question marks in the reasons for the ratings in several teams rated higher and in our own rating. I guess it's the time of year to make lists...

Just to pick one of our own obvious examples - who knows how Thomas will do? How do you rate him with such uneven performances? To pick another team, Oakland - Michael Crabtree is not getting any younger. I doubt he will have a repeat year like last year.

Tree is really good and not that old. He may have a few years left in his tank. At the time I was happy we chose Jennings over him because I thought he'd bring more leadership but that decision fits that regime to a tee. Crabtree makes all sorts of tough catches, don't underestimate him.

Cooper and Landry are having a similar careers.

Yes, Cooper is the better player but we can't discount what Landry has done even if he isn't that receiver that takes the top off the D. (That's what Stills and Parker are for)

Landry is one of the most feared (if not the most) WR in the league when it comes to physicality.

Numbers wise, Landry and Cooper are pretty spot on.

Blocking is part of a receiver's job so that has to be taken as a serious plus for Landry..

Welker sure had a hell of a career as a slot guy as well as Hines Ward, Fitz, Baldwin, Edelman, etc.

Anytime someone is the best at something on our team it's so awesome!!

I thought it wasn't even up for debate who the league's best slot receiver is.

I love Tannehill but Cooper has Carr, that line, and they're D is atrocious.

Parker is more talented IMO but just doesn't have the overlooked yet important WR tangibles and intangibles cooper possesses. That's the huge differnce and it clearly shows

When I say Parker is more talented, I am looking at them just from a physical standpoint.

Big, fast, strong, long, tall, big hands, but lacks what Cooper excels at like route running and simple things that can separate a good to great receiver.

All I know is thank the football gods we didn't have a shot at White.

I think Gurley and Parker were our two draft options.

Luckily, the Saints picked Andrus Peat lol

As a pure receiving corps, the Patriots are not number one. If you account for Brady throwing them the ball, then sure. However, if you take the QB in to account, there is no way the Jags deserve to be at 12. Lists are fun, but don't mean jack when September arrives. I do think our receiving corps is pretty good and probably top 10.

I think the Giants would be #1 on my list. Eli is going to have fun this year.

As a pure receiving corps, the Patriots are not number one. If you account for Brady throwing them the ball, then sure. However, if you take the QB in to account, there is no way the Jags deserve to be at 12. Lists are fun, but don't mean jack when September arrives. I do think our receiving corps is pretty good and probably top 10.

I think the Giants would be #1 on my list. Eli is going to have fun this year.

You say that but Edelman and Gronk are always running loose. You have to give those guys some credit and you have to include Gronk.

Edelman and Welker (when he was there) both seem un-coverable in NE.

This is what I call Dolphin fan-speak. Especially the last bolded phrase which is also bullshit.

I'll agree far and away is an exaggeration but Cooper is the certainly the better wideout. He can and does play any spot and isn't restricted to a specific role.

You know why you call it that? Because you can't refute it. It's far easier to dismiss it using the "fan" excuse.

If it's BS, then prove me wrong. Landry himself (who studies a myriad more film than you and I) recently estimated that he was double teamed about 50% of the time last season. With all the weapons the Raiders had last season, you really think Cooper saw more than that? I suppose it's possible, but highly doubtful. I don't pretend to know the numbers, which is why I stated the way I did ... but I have no problem going out on a limb and assuming that Cooper wasn't double teamed 50% of the time. Not in that offense. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But prove it, don't just use the liar liar pants on fire tactic. If you've got hard evidence to the contrary, c'mon with it.

I also stand by my evaluation of Landry having better hands and being more adept at getting open. I live in NorCal and around many hard core Raiders fans. I watch every Dolphins games and most Raiders games. My personal evaluation is widely backed up by the Raiders fans I know, who believe Cooper often underachieves. It often seems as if Crabtree was the player coming up clutch when it mattered most for them. While Cooper certainly is a good player and likely will continue to improve, he's accomplished nothing to this point where you can unequivocally state that he is better than Jarvis Landry. Your opinion may be that he's better, but you're opinion is no more valid than mine. In 2 years, perhaps Cooper will be unequivocally better. But he hasn't proved it to this point in time. And just because he can play on the outside or multiple spots doesn't make him a better player, but rather a more versatile one. There's a difference.

Back
Top Bottom