Dolphins Have Top 8 Receiving Corps | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Top 8 Receiving Corps

You know why you call it that? Because you can't refute it. It's far easier to dismiss it using the "fan" excuse.

If it's BS, then prove me wrong. Landry himself (who studies a myriad more film than you and I) recently estimated that he was double teamed about 50% of the time last season. With all the weapons the Raiders had last season, you really think Cooper saw more than that? I suppose it's possible, but highly doubtful. I don't pretend to know the numbers, which is why I stated the way I did ... but I have no problem going out on a limb and assuming that Cooper wasn't double teamed 50% of the time. Not in that offense. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But prove it, don't just use the liar liar pants on fire tactic. If you've got hard evidence to the contrary, c'mon with it.

So you're throwing out a guesitmation, state you have no idea how you came about it, and then challenge someone with that?

That's cute.

Do you have access to games? Do you understand the variations of double coverage and are you able to diagnose them?

If so, I'll be more than happy to review it with you.

I also stand by my evaluation of Landry having better hands and being more adept at getting open. I live in NorCal and around many hard core Raiders fans. I watch every Dolphins games and most Raiders games. My personal evaluation is widely backed up by the Raiders fans I know, who believe Cooper often underachieves. It often seems as if Crabtree was the player coming up clutch when it mattered most for them. While Cooper certainly is a good player and likely will continue to improve, he's accomplished nothing to this point where you can unequivocally state that he is better than Jarvis Landry. Your opinion may be that he's better, but you're opinion is no more valid than mine. In 2 years, perhaps Cooper will be unequivocally better. But he hasn't proved it to this point in time. And just because he can play on the outside or multiple spots doesn't make him a better player, but rather a more versatile one. There's a difference.

I don't base the validity of my "opinions" off of stats and hearsay from other fans. My conclusions are based on film study.

As far as Cooper and Landry be double covered goes, I would say Miami's other weapons Stills and Parker likely saw as much or more double coverage than Crabbtree or any other Raider.

Now if only we had a top 8 qb

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom