Dolphins hiring OLB coach Ryan Crow | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hiring OLB coach Ryan Crow

Any chance we hire a coach to tell whatever coach tells the HC to HURRY THE FK UP WITH THE PLAY-CALL?

Also, is there such a thing as a time-management/time out coach? If so, let's put in for one of those as well.

loving the emphasis on linebackers, exactly what is needed. I expect some new blood in the form of free agents and maybe a higher draft pick

I like it. Baltimore and Tennessee are tough, physical defenses. That’s what we need. And Barry is an old school, grizzled vet of an ILB coach. Also what we need.

Now just get me a few 300-pound bullies for DL depth and a three-down inside linebacker who isn’t Jerome Baker.

Also, is there such a thing as a time-management/time out coach? If so, let's put in for one of those as well.
A bunch of teams have "game management" coaches @marino13zach54 . Bills have one, Ravens were going to hire Jerry Rosburg in that role but talks broke down, I remember the Broncos definitely had one for Hackett. I'm sure roles vary per situation, but you'd have to assume dealing with the time element is at the top of the priority list. Here's a quote from Matt Burke who served on Saleh's Jets staff as to what his duties were as "game management coach" -

"Basically, during the week I would put together stuff, teaching tapes for the players, for the whole team. Again, I was very thankful coach Saleh gave me the opportunity to address the whole team a couple of times a week just on situational football, stuff that’s happening around the league, penalties, whatever it may be, two-minute stuff that came up that I could teach and educate the team.”

During the games, Burke would wear a full headset and suggest to Saleh when to take a timeout, possibly throw the challenge flag, or be alert to any situations that could be on the horizon throughout the game.

“I’m grateful that he gave me a lot of work to do for kind of a made-up job, just sort of plugged me in a way late,” said Burke. “It was a great experience, really having to help him talk him through challenges and timeouts and how to use things. ‘Hey, look out for this,’ all the end of game situation stuff, that was kind of my world.”

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/10/texans-matt-burke-jets-game-management-coach/

His OL against good teams also says hello...from their backs.

And its everything to do with this year...its the same HC that can't handle his job while simultaneously calling plays.

Until this team shows they have the balls to go against the other teams with balls, stuff like "playing chess while others are playing checkers" is laughable. How about beat some good teams first, before you can be seen as a cut above?
You put it on a hard way. But have to agree. Until we prove we can win against good teams and in the playoffs nothing “good” is for real.

You guys are all emotion and no substance, so your first response is "hahaha he's mad!!." Angry? Not at all. In misery? Not even close.

I was angry, when I bought into the hype and expected great things, only to watch it fall off a cliff, chunk by chunk, and ended up a sub-par team when you're talking playoff caliber. Angry, yes, at myself.

Miserable, was when I really believed what they were selling because they looked all-world against **** teams.

Once you get past fooling yourself with that stuff, it becomes clear and calming. They're just NOT that team, and won't be as long as Ross is the owner.

Give me ANY evidence that supports the claim this is a championship caliber organization...ANY at all.

I'll wait...
Nice try, one point for being stubborly angry!

Nice try, one point for being stubborly angry!
Ha…stubborn? Let’s see…

Stubborn:

adjective
  1. having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spiteof good arguments or reasons to do so.
Stubborn, is believing this organization has the makings to bring home the trophy, with zero evidence toward that conclusion.

Stubborn lol.

I’ll root for the team weekly regardless…but I don’t expect much as of now.

You are what your record says you are…and Ross’ record is pretty weak.

Back
Top Bottom