Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner

Trade Will Allen,Samson Satele, and Shawn Murphy to Pittsburgh and

SIGN BODDEN

The trade itself opens up about 4mil in cap.

Then draft Darius Butler and let him start but against spread offenses use Butler as the nickel and put Jason Allen out wide. I like Joey Thomas as a dime back.

Get a 2nd round pick from the Steelers. The Steelers replace Kemoatu for dirt cheap and fill their cornerback hole for 3mil(for 1 year anyway).

Shawn Murphy could be backup material at pittsburgh who has 0 depth.

A very good deal for cap strapped Steelers.

Dolphins draft _______ with the 64 pick.

I love these elaborate trade ideas.........NOT. :crazy:

Dre Bly is the only guy i would hate to sign comeback. The guy is way too old. There is report of Bodden going back to the Lions, but I sincerely doubt it since he was released. Will see .

Still plenty of corners out there. Chris Mcalister, Shawn Springs, Mcfadden, Buchanon, Bodden, Greer, Carr and Ivy. The trifecta is being smart. The more days pass the lower the market gets why throw a boat load of money to a number 2 corner. You sign a veteran corner cheap and draft yourself a rookie. We know Allen is gonna start with Jones at nickle and a rookie at dime. Lets relax and see what happens.

The Trifecta is suring up the cheapest position in FA this year. We have gotten a FS, C and a Swing lineman (depth). Corners seems to be next. You leave the draft for the more attractive positions. OLB, DT and WR

Last edited by a moderator:
Florence sucks! Forget about him, it's good for us that he signed with Buffalo. I was ecstatic when I saw that!

We need to sign Bodden, then draft Sean Smith in either the 1st or 2nd round and we will be GREAT!

Finally somebody who knows what up!!!!!!!!

Look guy the news of Green visiting should be music to our ears. It shows us this organization is trying its hardest to find a Corner. Green is not my first choice, but they are interest in adding Depth, Competation or quite possibly a Starter at the Position.

The quantity is starting to go down, but Bodden, Mcfadden, Carr, Ivy, Green, Mcalister and Springs are still out there. Salguero was the first to report our interest in Bodden. Bodden has been very quiet in FA and that is just the way Miami likes to do business. Be on the look out we could be getting our Corner soon and Bodden will come cheaper then was it out there cause he was released.

The in-house option is the stepping up of Jason Allen. Allen will be entering his second season as a corner, and it's time for him to show he can play the position. If he becomes a focused player in Miami's secondary, he could either become a breakout guy, or show that he's not ready for the big time.

The free agent market offers two classes of corner for the Dolphins to consider. They could take a shot at some of the big time players like Bryant McFadden or Phil Buchanon. However, with the spending the Dolphins have recently done, I don't think they want to spend that much. So perhaps they will go down to that second group, getting an experienced but cheaper option like RW McQuarters or bringing back Patrick Surtain.

Mainly, the Dolphins will look to get younger at the position, and will target players like Vanderbilt's DJ Moore or UCONNs Darius Butler in the draft. The Triforce seems focused on getting younger on defense, especially in the secondary. We'll see if they decide to use the draft and if it works out soon enough.

http://mvn.com/thephishtank/2009/03/andre-was-a-goodman-dolphins-in-market-for-corner-after-goodman-follows-hill.html

RW McQuarters? I think I just threw up in mouth a little.

I would love for Jason Allen to step up, but even then I feel as though we need to sign a nickle type CB and then draft a young stud to replace W. Allen next year (unless of course we want to re-sign him).

PRoblem is Jason had a horrible game against Moss. It makes you wonder. I think when given the oppurtunity last year he filed in nicely as a nickle corner, but we need a player opposite to Will and Im not sure Jason can be the players. He has had three years and we have yet to see something from him other than filling in for injured players.

Eric Green was a flop in Arizona. Don't know why we'd want him. He sure as hell isn't a starter. Maybe a dime back but that's it

I think if we would have wanted him he would have been signed and delivered. I think miami is just doing its work

Back
Top Bottom