Dolphins-Jets game could be flexed to SNF | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins-Jets game could be flexed to SNF

We got embarrassed on back to back prime time games at home this season. Id be happy to watch us in prime time in Jan...All my fellow NYC DOLFANS (www.dolfansnyc.com) will be at the game but me as I am working that night. Thank god for the DVR. If we dont make the playoffs hopefully we can at least split with the jests.

no more prime time games, we just dont play well under the lights

plus theres sd vs kc and ne vs chi that week. much more appealing than our game
I was thinking the same exact thing! we have played horrible in night games this year. accept the jets game.

So you have seen us beat you the last two years in your house?

I guess its a different house this time.

You do have that.

I have and I have also seen the Jets win the previous 9 of 10 and overall in jets-Dolphins games I have attended(including a Jets win in Miami in '98) the Jets are 14-7.

i perfer the afternoon to watch the game. in 08, we ended the jets season on a late sunday afternoon. what a memory

i perfer the afternoon to watch the game. in 08, we ended the jets season on a late sunday afternoon. what a memory

You extended your season, our season was over whether we won that game or not.

I am going and off on Monday, but keep it at 4:15 so I can celebrate at the bar where it is warm after the game instead of that windy parking lot!

The NFL also announced that the Week 14 Patriots-Bears game has been moved from a 1 p.m. kickoff to a 4:15 p.m. kickoff.
so my guess no jim nance phil sims for the fins jets game, we will prob get greg gumble and Dan Diedorf YOU CAN take that to VEGAS and bet on it

could someone please explain to me the point of having flex scheduling if ur not going to take full advantage of it?

i thought this was put in place so that if their is a sunday night game that is not real appealing, they can move a more appealing game in that slot late in the year. well if thats the case, why the **** is the cowboy eagle game staying put? it is sickening the love the cowboys get. i dont care that the eagles are 7-4, the cowboys are ****in 3-8 now and prob will be 3-9 going into that game. why the **** would that game stay put?

its not like their are not better games to put on. now at 415 that week, u got 3 real good games on at the same time, on the same network in pats at bears, fins at jets, and chiefs at chargers. that makes a lot of sense.

instead of flexing the charger chief game which would have made perfect sense since that game will be between a kc team which should be 8-4 going into that game vs a charger team who will be 7-5 going into that game most likely, a chief team that rarely gets exposure in the nation, and a game which will prob be for the division title, but yet the nfl sticks with a team that will prob be 3-9 in the cowboys who are on primetime every week and blow, vs a eagle team which is solid and will be 8-4. makes no sense if u ask me.

could someone please explain to me the point of having flex scheduling if ur not going to take full advantage of it?

i thought this was put in place so that if their is a sunday night game that is not real appealing, they can move a more appealing game in that slot late in the year. well if thats the case, why the **** is the cowboy eagle game staying put? it is sickening the love the cowboys get. i dont care that the eagles are 7-4, the cowboys are ****in 3-8 now and prob will be 3-9 going into that game. why the **** would that game stay put?

its not like their are not better games to put on. now at 415 that week, u got 3 real good games on at the same time, on the same network in pats at bears, fins at jets, and chiefs at chargers. that makes a lot of sense.

instead of flexing the charger chief game which would have made perfect sense since that game will be between a kc team which should be 8-4 going into that game vs a charger team who will be 7-5 going into that game most likely, a chief team that rarely gets exposure in the nation, and a game which will prob be for the division title, but yet the nfl sticks with a team that will prob be 3-9 in the cowboys who are on primetime every week and blow, vs a eagle team which is solid and will be 8-4. makes no sense if u ask me.

its just to avoid 3-9 vs 3-9 matchups. it doesnt matter what the cowboys record is. they are always a big draw. showtime or train wreck people love to watch them.

its just to avoid 3-9 vs 3-9 matchups. it doesnt matter what the cowboys record is. they are always a big draw. showtime or train wreck people love to watch them.

I Understand if their was not a more appealing game to show, but seriously, the cowboys are on national tv plenty , and at 3-8 and prob 3-9 going into that game, no one aside from cowboy fans needs to see that garbage on the national primetime game.

chiefs chargers would be a lot more interesting a matchup, cowboys eagles has no playoff implications aside for the eagles.

if they are not going to flex that game, they might as well do away with the flex option, bc the odds are, u wont get 2 3-9 teams playing in a snf game, or with a bad record in general. odds are one team will always have a solid record.

Dolphins @ Jets NOT being flexed - remains 4.15pm.

The NFL announced the final Week 14 schedule on Tuesday with the originally scheduled Sunday night game on NBC between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys remaining in place.
The lone schedule change is the New England Patriots at Chicago Bears game moving from 1 p.m. ET to 4:15 p.m. ET on CBS.

This Sunday, the Atlanta Falcons-Tampa Bay Buccaneers game on FOX was moved last week from 1 p.m. ET to 4:15 p.m. ET.
The NFL utilizes "flexible scheduling" on Sundays during Weeks 11-17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots during those weeks and will give teams a chance to play their way onto prime time and into the late-afternoon 4:15 p.m. ET time slot on CBS and FOX.
For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday might be made on six days notice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...cast-same-moves-bearspats?module=HP_headlines

Back
Top Bottom