Dolphins looking at possible first-round trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking at possible first-round trades

Book it.

Saints trade with Dolphins to jump ahead of the Eagles for Brandin Cooks - WR, Oregon State

Saints - 1 (19)

Dolphins - 1 (27), 2 (58) OR 1 (27), 3 (91), 5 (167)

Would love that senario.

I'm not in favor of those guys at 19, and only Lee and Moses are guys I'd spend a first rounder on.

But, we would be foolish and incompetent if we were not putting out feelers to determine the general parameters of both trading up and down. I fully believe we have had those discussions and more not mentioned. That allows us options when things do not play out as the mocks thought it would.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If Calvin Pryor is not there, or Zach Martin, trade down to 27 and take Ja'Juan James and pick up an extra 2nd.

So, we got all crazy 'bout trading up for a player we didn't really need (DJordan), but can't imagine a trade-up for a potential star Tackle like Robinson or Mathews?? I'd punch the card and run to the podium!! We can get a guard later, but Albert and Mathews/Robinson?? Tanny would thrive!! Look at our 2nd and 3rd rders from last year, gimme the trade up all day!

We would have to give up way more than a second rounder to move into the top 10. We don't have the picks to make that move this year. Last year we had two second rounders and took a chance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ehhh can't say i like the targets list...hope it's off

if miami is gonna go corner at least make it jason verrett

There are a LOT of good CB prospects in this draft. If I wanted an instant starter I'd look for who falls to 50, otherwise, there is good CB value in every round and some good talent that will even go undrafted this year.

While the WR talent is ridiculously overwhelming, it has largely gone unmentioned that this is the deepest CB draft in a very long time ... perhaps ever. There will be several Nolan Carroll type players coming out of the late rounds and UDFA class.

I would be very aggressive in recruiting UDFA's at WR, CB and OL this year. I think that is part of our player visit strategy with guys like Shaquille Richardson from Arizona. I also like how Seattle put out a recruiting brochure to agents about it.

This is quite a draft class.

TRADE UP!! Superstars help teams win big in this league.

Last big "trade down" Miami did failed. Could have had Earl Thomas instead we got Oddrick/Misi. Both nice players....but give me Earl friggin Thomas!!!

i don't buy the corner stuff frankly...but if we do i want it to be verrett...what i hear is fuller won't get to us anyways...and that's fine by me...high in his pedal fluid feet and hips but i see issues in off man...plus i have concerns with va tech prospects they are extremely well coached and many come out maxed out players...

if it's corner give me verrett...i think that's the ideal scheme fit even if it is gonna be in the slot...

do i think it will be a corner though...not unless we trade down...they want to give taylor a shot and they paid finnegan too much guaranteed money for me to buy corner at 19

Book it.

Saints trade with Dolphins to jump ahead of the Eagles for Brandin Cooks - WR, Oregon State

Saints - 1 (19)

Dolphins - 1 (27), 2 (58) OR 1 (27), 3 (91), 5 (167)

I think Cooks might go to Jets, one pick before.

i don't buy the corner stuff frankly...

do i think it will be a corner though...not unless we trade down...they want to give taylor a shot and they paid finnegan too much guaranteed money for me to buy corner at 19

This I agree with. I think its RT early...but I think you can trade down and still get James or Moses who seem to be the best available. I think they will like Shazier and Mosely alot as well. I think Marquise Lee is the sleeper though.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

i don't buy the corner stuff frankly...

This I agree with. I think its RT early...but I think you can trade down and still get James or Moses who seem to be the best available. I think they will like Shazier and Mosely alot as well. I think Marquise Lee is the sleeper though.

There are a LOT of good CB prospects in this draft. If I wanted an instant starter I'd look for who falls to 50, otherwise, there is good CB value in every round and some good talent that will even go undrafted this year.

While the WR talent is ridiculously overwhelming, it has largely gone unmentioned that this is the deepest CB draft in a very long time ... perhaps ever. There will be several Nolan Carroll type players coming out of the late rounds and UDFA class.

I would be very aggressive in recruiting UDFA's at WR, CB and OL this year. I think that is part of our player visit strategy with guys like Shaquille Richardson from Arizona. I also like how Seattle put out a recruiting brochure to agents about it.

This is quite a draft class.

there's a lot of corners for sure and some good prospects...but most of em aren't scheme fits for miami...a lot of press man ideal guys who would get exposed hips wise in our scheme...

there's a lot of corners for sure and some good prospects...but most of em aren't scheme fits for miami...a lot of press man ideal guys who would get exposed hips wise in our scheme...

True, but the sheer amount of talented guys will literally make scheme fit value guys available in every round. Some are small, others injured or had a down year, etc., but they are there.

Personally, I see us adding BPA at 50, who is likely going to be a defensive player, but OL in rounds 1 and 3. After that. I'd be happy if the late rounds were some combo of WR, CB and OL.

Conversely, if there is a run on QB's early....a player or two we would really like, might just fall to us.

I wish we were around 16 or 17, but this draft isn't a bad one to be at 19. We should either be able to get a good player we really like(if QB's and WR's run early)....or we should be able to trade back 8-12 spots and get an extra second.

In order to increase the chances of this happening - personally I'm hoping that the QB's all drop out of the top 10 and teams either late in the 1st, i.e. Cleveland, or top of the 2nd try and move up into the 1st to nab a QB and therefore benefit from the 5th year optional aspect of 1st round contracts.

If there is a run on QB's at the top/mid of the 1st, then I think our only legitimate chance for a trade down is San Francisco.

I could see Cleveland wanting to find a trading partner to jump Cincy in order to get to Bridgewater first. Word is since Gruden isn't in Cincy anymore to protect Dalton, Mike Brown can finally get rid of him. I don't think Brown has ever really been that vested in Andy Dalton (as well he shouldn't be) and word is he really likes Bridgewater. Assuming Cleveland passes on Johnny Football and takes a Watkins or something they're going to want to jump up from that 26 spot. The spots just in front of them are prime "trade back into the 1st round" spots for teams wanting a QB.

Can someone help me understand this? He didn't cause the dysfunction of our O-Line so I don't get why pressure would be on him to try and find one early, especially in a deep draft like this one. Hickey can improve a weak position on the team or strengthen an already strong position at #19 if he wants to.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

That's what happens when they extend the draft lol. Can't believe they are actually discussing extending it even further smh.

You don't get why pressure would be on Hickey? Was he brought in to fix the problems, or not?

If Hickey fails to fix the problems with the roster concerning the offensive line, he will be shown the door at years end. Its that simple.

Can someone help me understand this? He didn't cause the dysfunction of our O-Line so I don't get why pressure would be on him to try and find one early, especially in a deep draft like this one. Hickey can improve a weak position on the team or strengthen an already strong position at #19 if he wants to.

Hickey was the Fins 7th or 8th choice for GM and he only got a 2 year deal which is unheard of in the NFL. Most new hire GM's get 4 or 5 years. Hickey has 1 year to get this team to win or else he is outta work at the end of the season and Miami will have a new HC and GM

Hickey has the weight of the world on him as he is a first year GM with on job security

Back
Top Bottom