Dolphins making the probowl... Grand total drumroll.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins making the probowl... Grand total drumroll....

Jones, Pouncey and Fields all absolutely deserved it as well. A case can be made for Starks too IMHO.

Win. Once we start winning, individual players will start getting the recognition they deserve from the stat-watchers and prime-time-sportscasters that fuel the whole Pro Bowl thing.

Meyo making it ahead of Dansby is a joke too.

Im a little suprised by u saying this why.
Dansby has played well this year overall but I think Mayo once again had a better year.
Mayo is one of the best linebackers in the league

Jones, Pouncey and Fields all absolutely deserved it as well. A case can be made for Starks too IMHO.

Win. Once we start winning, individual players will start getting the recognition they deserve from the stat-watchers and prime-time-sportscasters that fuel the whole Pro Bowl thing.

Well to be fair Starks has made it before in a year he really didnt deserve it following a year he did.
Jones is at a position that the pro bowl struggles with and is far from a household name.
Pouncey lost out to his better known brother and the highest rated center in the NFL statwise

There is no way to take popularity out of it because coaches and players do the same thing.
In fact many of us are upset because a player popular with us did not make it.

I would not give a second thought to who does and who does not make the Pro Bowl. Any voting system that allows multiple votes to the public on a topic they are biased on is not worth thinking about. Most folk just vote for players who they know, i.e players on their favourite team or big name players. It is a joke even to allow the general public vote on offensive line positions, for example.

What is even more worrying is that "Pro Bowl visits" are used as some measure of worth by analysts and pundits. I would not cry too deeply if the whole thing was scrapped to be honest.

I would not give a second thought to who does and who does not make the Pro Bowl. Any voting system that allows multiple votes to the public on a topic they are biased on is not worth thinking about. Most folk just vote for players who they know, i.e players on their favourite team or big name players. It is a joke even to allow the general public vote on offensive line positions, for example.

What is even more worrying is that "Pro Bowl visits" are used as some measure of worth by analysts and pundits. I would not cry too deeply if the whole thing was scrapped to be honest.

The general public seems to do no worse than the coaches and players so in reality there is no system that will guarantee deserving people always get in

Back
Top Bottom