Dolphins May Try To Trade For Correl Buckhalter... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins May Try To Trade For Correl Buckhalter...

We have a somewhat similar situation with Lamont Jordan. The guy can play when he gets the chance, but he rarely does because of CMart. Many Jet faithfull fear losing this guy because CMart's contract runs through the year 3000 and takes up a crap load of cap room, and Jordans expires this year.

Can't help but laugh at the so called "Phin Fans" that are calling for doom and gloom now. RW was a good back, one of the best in the league, but he is definantly replacable. If your O-line expirement works out, and the system in place is quality, Minor should be able to step right in and run for 1000-1200 yards this year. Oddly enough I would still be more worried about reports that Fiedler is still out playing Feeley in camp. In light of this recent twist I would be more comfortable with Fiedler
at the reigns then with a new featured back and a new starting QB...if I were a Phin fan.

That said a new QB, RB, and O-line could certainly be a recipe for disaster. I'm sure this is making Wanny's QB decision much, much tougher.

chrome4 said:
I feel fine with our current backs. Also our passing attack will be like throwning a kid who does not know how to swim in deep water. 1. The kid will drown or 2. He will swim.

I feel that way about our whole offense, not just our passing attack.

PhinsFan4life said:
I would rather us stay patient and give Minor a chance and see what happens with the free agents that become available via cuts. I hope we can get OQUN and Chambers signed long term now.

I agree, i think we should wait until at least the beggining of the season ala Lawyer Milloy. You dont want to get the player all revved up for serious cash thinking we have our backs to the wall. As someone stated before, with 2 years under Ricky, we did not go to the playoffs.

Wait wait wait.........some people are going to be cut and i think we have some capable backs in Sammy morris with experience and this gives guys like Fred Russell who are out to prove something a chance. they have the total motivation now as being someone the team can count on and lift the spirits out of the doldrums. It happens all the time in sports. Teams come together in situations like these. the only thing here is that Wannstedt needs to overcome this and start turning it up a notch.

Jets81 said:
We have a somewhat similar situation with Lamont Jordan. The guy can play when he gets the chance, but he rarely does because of CMart. Many Jet faithfull fear losing this guy because CMart's contract runs through the year 3000 and takes up a crap load of cap room, and Jordans expires this year.

Can't help but laugh at the so called "Phin Fans" that are calling for doom and gloom now. RW was a good back, one of the best in the league, but he is definantly replacable. If your O-line expirement works out, and the system in place is quality, Minor should be able to step right in and run for 1000-1200 yards this year. Oddly enough I would still be more worried about reports that Fiedler is still out playing Feeley in camp. In light of this recent twist I would be more comfortable with Fiedler
at the reigns then with a new featured back and a new starting QB...if I were a Phin fan.

That said a new QB, RB, and O-line could certainly be a recipe for disaster. I'm sure this is making Wanny's QB decision much, much tougher.

I agree with some you have said and disagree with others but appreciate you coming on the board and sharing an objective OPINION, rather than throwing S***.

Jets81 said:

It actually may have made it easier in the beginning. I would give the team the stability of saying Jay Fiedler is the starter (which he is) and go from there. I think the bottom has fallen out to the bottom now and there is nowhere to go but up. the decision of replacing JF will come as we get to the 4th game or so.

I don't know....Neither Jay or AJ has any experience with the new o-line or runningback. I don't see how this means that Jay would bring anymore stability to the offense especially if we are just goiong to lose him after 4 games anyway.

Letting AJ, Minor and Boston all get used to each other would help us more than Fiedler in that trio.

Obviously Dave is going to change his offensive philosophy, maybe a blessing in disguise. I think Minor can handle around 20 carries. I think he is good enough to keep the Ds honest as well.

midwest_phinfan said:
Everyone needs to chill on the Trung Candidate talk. This guy has had is desire questioned in the past in St Louis. I lived in DC last year and saw him play, he's not very good IMO. I would take Minor over him right now without question. And all of that isn't even mentioning he might not be able to play this upcoming season because of his foot. Also, Leonard Henry might turn out to be a suprise back, maybe 1,300 yards is a possibility for him.
Thank you!

WE DON'T WANT TRUNG! :fire:

- this is approx the 10th time I've posted this same statement.

I suppose we will have to see about Minor, but he's not Trung or Avery. Those are guys looking for the 100 yard run on every carry. They spring everything to the outside and hope that they can outrace the backers to the sideline.

That's not Minor. When you watch him next week and in the preseason you'll notice that he is a very smart and disciplined back. Wanny is going to love that. He follows the blocks and runs the play. He's a steady guy and runs with more power than people think, but he can be overpowered in the whole, but most backs can be. Ricky was well, Ricky.

What you'll come to miss is those huge runs that Ricky had blasting through the line and outrunning the secondary. Travis has a good 40 time, but I can't think of to many game changing runs he has made in college or the pros.

He's a good back, better than you think. But, that's all he is.

dont panic

please dont mortgage the future for an average or more likely below average running back. Replacement level backs are a dime a dozen in the nfl. superstar runners burn out and demand big bucks. I say use the guys we have... resign chambers,wale and mcmike and attack all over the field ala NE this year. P.S. ever hear of the ewing theory? players that dominate the ball and get hurt sometimes actually improve the teams performance

I want no part of any RB that costs more than a 4th round pick. At that price however Smith out in Minn is my first choice, this guy was a stud until he got hurt but decided to come out early anyway. He was a 4th round choice last year but without injury would have been a 1st. Most had him rated right behind if not on par with Larry Johnson. He is young and in the second year of his rookie contract, if there is going to be a trade I hope its for this guy

Eagles signed Kearse at the beginning of the offseason. There's no way they'd want Ogun. The only player they may want from us would be a WR or QB, and were not parting with either. Buckhalter stays put.

What about this guys. Denver is loaded up with RB's and Mike Anderson isnt really happy in Denver. How would you guys think about getting this guy for a draft pick or even trading darius thompson for him since denver is lacking WR's?

Back
Top Bottom