"Dolphins’ McDaniel updates injuries, other issues in Monday media briefing" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins’ McDaniel updates injuries, other issues in Monday media briefing"

I'll add in a couple more summations.

Jeff Wilson “was prepared enough to play” - opted to activate guard Rob Jones instead.

Connor Williams has a decent chance to return Sunday.

Hill takes the matter seriously, i.e., IVs.

"lot of pressure we got on the quarterback that was the result of coverage. Our team defense is coming together like we hoped"

On Eich - "had guys mid-play celebrating his decisive call. He blocked people well” and made line calls that helped others block well.

glad wilson is getting back, with brooks injured its great. brooks just having the ankle and not knee is fantastic and hopefully it wont need much to heal.

this complex zone we run will take sometime to learn so hopefully we got some good reps in the past few weeks . . . make no mistake however, when we blitz, we usually shut down that play

The fact that it's an annual tradition of playing through an injury says to me that the injured version of himself is his play. Who cares how you are when you are 100% if you are literally never 100%? Howard at 80% isn't a very good corner. Is he ever going to play above 80% again?

Kudos to him for playing injured. No one has denied his toughness. But Armstead -- when he plays at 80% -- is still an elite player. People criticize the Armstead signing because of the injury history, but they can't criticize the Howard extension because his play hasn't justified it?
To be fair, Howard had a really good year the year he got that new contract Byron Jones drama thing. He had 9 takeaways and 2 TDs - (5 INTs, 4 fumbles, 2 returns).

I’m not going to say he isn’t showing his age but the comparison to Armstead I really disagree with. That guy has been an epic fail on a whole different level. Last year he was in and out of games. Missed 4 starts but left a handful of others early. He didn’t even play in our playoff game. Meanwhile X played - and had a vintage INT that started our comeback. This year, the $72 million dollar bionic man has played what - 1 game? There isn’t enough room on the injury report to list all of his ailments each week.

X is out there healthy. He has a groin. McCoach says it’s day to day. So we don’t even know if it will limit him. The “new” X may be 80% of what he used to be but the “new” Armstead is a big, fat zero as he doesn’t play or leaves games early. I said weeks ago they should just give the job to Lamm as it’s more disruptive every time he leaves a game as the guys have to shuffle around. Continuity is key. We took a chance on Armstead. It failed. It happens. We’re putting up record yards and points without him. Seems like a good guy but he’s not helping us in any meaningful way on the field.

Need X to play Sunday. He's not prime time X any longer, but he's way better than anyone else Fins have on the active list. Fins backups are sub-par and I don't see them being able to handle the Eagles wide outs. (Smith, Nickerson, Bethel, Joseph) and of course Kohou and Apple are not a strong group.

Need X to play Sunday. He's not prime time X any longer, but he's way better than anyone else Fins have on the active list. Fins backups are sub-par and I don't see them being able to handle the Eagles wide outs. (Smith, Nickerson, Bethel, Joseph) and of course Kohou and Apple are not a strong group.
I’m really pumped that it seems we’re going to get Ramsey back in 2nd half of the season

I feel like McCoach is playing the long game w some of these injuries. Meaning, exactly what you’re saying. We played our playoff game without Tua, Mostert, Armstead and another starting o-lineman because the first time I ever heard of Lester Cotton was that game. He knows we’re going to the payoffs. He also seems to understand that it’s the healthiest team at the end that has the best shot when the competition is so crowded down to the best teams. I really do believe he’s being conservative in this part of the season and I’m down w the strategy
Totally agree. I think Miami is taking a noticeably more risk averse approach to playing players recovering from injury this season, than I have ever seen from the team. I just get the vibe from McDaniel and observing who actually plays that it is next man up and players are given the extra time to get fully healthy. When in doubt, the player is out.

Totally agree. I think Miami is taking a noticeably more risk averse approach to playing players recovering from injury this season, than I have ever seen from the team. I just get the vibe from McDaniel and observing who actually plays that it is next man up and players are given the extra time to get fully healthy. When in doubt, the player is out.
We have the luxury because we’re good. This is really smart IMO and could pay huge dividends down the stretch. It’s such a long season.

The fact that it's an annual tradition of playing through an injury says to me that the injured version of himself is his play. Who cares how you are when you are 100% if you are literally never 100%? Howard at 80% isn't a very good corner. Is he ever going to play above 80% again?

Kudos to him for playing injured. No one has denied his toughness. But Armstead -- when he plays at 80% -- is still an elite player. People criticize the Armstead signing because of the injury history, but they can't criticize the Howard extension because his play hasn't justified it?

I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison though. There are no O-Line positions that have ever required quick twitch, sudden burst athletes. Zero. Terron Armstead, as tough and as great as he is when on the field, is not an outlier when it comes to offensive lineman playing through his particular litany of injuries, and still playing well (relative to their skillset). However, the injuries that X has had, directly impact his ability to be elite at his position (closing, cutting, change of direction, back pedal, leaping, and straight line speed). The thing that makes me like X even more (on the field), is that you'll never hear him complain about his injuries, or use them as an out for poor play.

I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison though. There are no O-Line positions that have ever required quick twitch, sudden burst athletes. Zero. Terron Armstead, as tough and as great as he is when on the field, is not an outlier when it comes to offensive lineman playing through his particular litany of injuries, and still playing well (relative to their skillset). However, the injuries that X has had, directly impact his ability to be elite at his position (closing, cutting, change of direction, back pedal, leaping, and straight line speed). The thing that makes me like X even more (on the field), is that you'll never hear him complain about his injuries, or use them as an out for poor play.
This whole post is preposterous. To think oline is not a quick twitch position is just ridiculous to start.

Secondly, sure Howard doesn't complain during the year, but who gives a ****? We gonna keep dealing with now an injury prone player year over year who plays poorly? I really wish some of the Howard knob gobblers would apply that same logic to the other players and stop giving X a pass.

This whole post is preposterous. To think oline is not a quick twitch position is just ridiculous to start.

Secondly, sure Howard doesn't complain during the year, but who gives a ****? We gonna keep dealing with now an injury prone player year over year who plays poorly? I really wish some of the Howard knob gobblers would apply that same logic to the other players and stop giving X a pass.

It's odd that I didn't attack you or the quality of your post, but you felt the need to do exactly that to me. And I never gave anyone a pass. Particularly X. I even said that he's played poorly in my post. So I honestly don't know what you're upset about.

It's odd that I didn't attack you or the quality of your post, but you felt the need to do exactly that to me. And I never gave anyone a pass. Particularly X. I even said that he's played poorly in my post. So I honestly don't know what you're upset about.
The post didn't attack you at all, it attacked the quality of your post. And you literally said what makes you like X "even more" is that he doesn't complain on why he plays so poorly. Not upset about anything, perhaps grow a pair and address the post itself rather than claiming to be a victim.

Back
Top Bottom