"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article

Ryan Clark is surprisingly good in that ESPN role. He mangles an occasional word, otherwise he's quite articulate and makes good points. Far above the norm for a player turned analyst. And the more they use him, the more effective he is.

Jeff Saturday thinks its just too hard too imagine the Dolphins winning up too 3 more games than last year. Why? With all the upgrades we have and last year still went 8-8 with the guys we had then? Why is that such a stretch? Anyway, respect must be earned and talk is cheap.

I absolutely hate it when the sports heads start laying all these high paraises and golden futures on us.

The Patriots have shown time and time again over the years to find uncanny ways to win.

The Dolphins have shown time and time again over the years to find uncanny ways to lose.

They are going to be one pizzed off team and looking for blood. And even if the Brady suspension costs them the playoffs, they can sure be major spoilers come December.

This team and the word superbowl have absolutely no reason at this time to be in the same sentence. I just want all this finz glory stuff by the media to stop. Its bad ju-ju!!

Really? So I guess the whole "underdog" no-one-talking-about-us has been working wonders for the past 15 years... :rolleyes2:

When we let Solai leave for Atlanta, we thought the guys we had would make the plays and we would not miss a beat. Well, our run defense has not been the same since.
Losing Wilfork will have a huge effect on their defense. They have no one to step in and play like him. Also, losing 2 corners is not easy to overcome either.
Their defense will be ordinary and mediocre this year.
Their back up QB will probably play well behind their oline and running game. They will play ball control with a softer defense. They can be beaten by most solid teams.
When Brady comes back, he will not have his customary deflated balls. I see their turnovers going up this year.
I love our chances if we can get a few more big passing plays, seal up the leaking oline, and shore up our run defense.
Phillips and Suh - check
Parker, Stills, and Landry - check (sounds like a band)
New corn and Albert back - check
Exactly.

The Patriots are the rich man's resign of a Marty Schottenheimer team. With the exception of the Revis blip, the Patriots are a textbook turnover differential tem in today's NFL. Think about it.

Every year they have a defense that gives up yards and points but always creates takeaways. They don't have a terrible defense, but it is typically subpar. Why?

Because a defense is often only as strong as its weakest link. So, Belichik spends enough money to not suck ny where and the rest on pass rushers. Then he stops the run with disciplined football players that do what they are told. He prioritizes getting takeaways in the middle 60 yards of the field.

Then he spends his money on offense. He pays for a good QB, Brady, and then he gives him time to throw by building a good OL with high picks and insists on disciplined WR"s to catch the ball and not allow turnovers. No miscommunication with a Belichik /Brady team ... they don't allow it. That's why Chad Johnson didn't work out.

Then they get dependable RB's to take advantage of the soft defenses heavy on DB's and light on DL's and LB's. He doesn't allow fumbles.

So, every year they have a hugely positive turnover differential. Every year fans want to draft "playmakers" and every year the Patriots win the division.

This year it will be interesting to see their fumble statistic. This year we will have 5 people with great hands and route running (Jennings, Landry, Parker, Stills and Cameron). This year we will have a versatile RB in Ajayi. This year we will be in year 2 of the Lazor offense.

So, as long as Tannehill continues to improve his TD/INT numbers and Ajayi can cure his fumbling problem (our biggest "if"), we should be on par with the Patriots on turnovers and have a significantly better defense.

Brady or not, we are closing the gap. Now if only the Jets and Bills weren't.

Where are you guys getting that tannehill is 2-1 vs luck? They've only played twice, both times in Indy and they split the matchups.
Yep, thought I hit the 2, but probably saw the 2-1 and subconsciously hit the wrong button. Fixed my post.

Yep, thought I hit the 2, but probably saw the 2-1 and subconsciously hit the wrong button. Fixed my post.

Lol I'm like did I miss a game or something? I've watched every single one of tannehill's games and I don't remember 3 match ups with luck lol

We have to take care of our business. If the Pats start 2-2 and we start 2-2, then how will that help us.
In the end, we have to win 12 games, including games against the pats to win the division. 11 games will not be enough.

It helps because 2-2 > 4-0 for us regardless of our record.

If Sean Smith could catch, Tannehill may be 2-0 versus Luck. Doesn't matter now, but that game still really bugs me.

Back
Top Bottom