"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article

They just did a segment on NFL Live, asking the analyst at this point whether they'd take the Patriots, or the field in the AFC east. Ryan Clark just said the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are going to share something in common with the Patriots with the first four weeks....that they won't have quarterbacks either. Jeff Saturday shared the same sentiment.

Tannehill isnt that highly thought of outside of Finheaven bro. Sheesh lol.

They just did a segment on NFL Live, asking the analyst at this point whether they'd take the Patriots, or the field in the AFC east. Ryan Clark just said the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are going to share something in common with the Patriots with the first four weeks....that they won't have quarterbacks either. Jeff Saturday shared the same sentiment.

Ryan Tannehill isnt that highly thought of outside of Finheaven bro. Sheesh lol.

There are many analyst that like Tannehill what is your point? I have heard on several shows that Tannehill is solid quarterback that is growing (like quarterbacks use to) and is easily 2nd best QB in the division. Picking one analyst as the general consensus outside Finheaven is laughable at best.

It just seems that there are FAR more on the lukewarm side of the argument. Be it media people, former personnel guys, or former players. I think it's ridiculous that they put him on equal footing with Geno Smith and Matt Cassell, though. That's just pure ignorance.

Until we start winning playoff games on a regular basis, that will be their opinion.
1. Tannehill

2. Garropolo
3. Cassell
4. Smith

Not even close.

We have to take care of our business. If the Pats start 2-2 and we start 2-2, then how will that help us.
In the end, we have to win 12 games, including games against the pats to win the division. 11 games will not be enough.

Super Bowl win aside, the Patriots were 12-4 last year. Now, Brady is out 4 games, he turns 38 in August, they lost their top 3 corners, one being Revis, and lost Wilfork...

That's not even factoring in the dramatic increase in fumbles now that they will be forced to play with properly inflated balls.

So, what makes you think that 11 games won't be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Bowl win aside, the Patriots were 12-4 last year. Now, Brady is out 4 games, he turns 38 in August, they lost their top 3 corners, one being Revis, and lost Wilfork...

That's not even factoring in the dramatic increase in fumbles now that they will be forced to play with properly inflated balls.

So, what makes you think that 11 games won't be enough?

Until Brady is retired, it isn't enough. What if they go 3-1 with Grap, and then reel off 9-3 when Brady returns?
The stake has to be through their Pats heart and then burned beyond recognition...

Fortunately Tannehill is 2-1 vs Luck in their head to head in their early careers. But I agree the Colts will be the team to beat.
And if our DB or LB could catch either of the 2 incredibly easy to catch interceptions, Tannehill would be 2-0 vs. Luck. But our awesome defense is old at key positions (Wake, Grimes).

Edit: meant 2-0

Last edited by a moderator:
Until Brady is retired, it isn't enough. What if they go 3-1 with Grap, and then reel off 9-3 when Brady returns?
The stake has to be through their Pats heart and then burned beyond recognition...

I agree, until Brady retires, you can never count the patriots out. And I'm not saying they won't win the division. But, I can't say that 11 games won't be enough either.

The thing that worries me is how important week 17 could be. Philbin hasn't been able to seal the deal in the final 2 weeks of the season with us in the driver's seat against mediocre teams. The Pats overall don't scare me as much, but the Pats in mid season form, with the division on the line? THAT scares the hell out of me...

I'm quite surprised that I haven't seen much mention of that game yet and the implications this suspension could have on it.

And if our DB or LB could catch either of the 2 incredibly easy to catch interceptions, Tannehill would be 3-0 vs. Luck. But our awesome defense is old at key positions (Wake, Grimes).

Where are you guys getting that tannehill is 2-1 vs luck? They've only played twice, both times in Indy and they split the matchups.

I absolutely hate it when the sports heads start laying all these high paraises and golden futures on us.

The Patriots have shown time and time again over the years to find uncanny ways to win.

The Dolphins have shown time and time again over the years to find uncanny ways to lose.

They are going to be one pizzed off team and looking for blood. And even if the Brady suspension costs them the playoffs, they can sure be major spoilers come December.

This team and the word superbowl have absolutely no reason at this time to be in the same sentence. I just want all this finz glory stuff by the media to stop. Its bad ju-ju!!

I find that the ex-players are the ones that usually know less of what they speak than anyone. These guys don't watch Tannehill. They just think DERRRRRP Dolphins- no QB DERRRRRRRRP. Because they're ****ing stupid.

I find that the ex-players are the ones that usually know less of what they speak than anyone. These guys don't watch Tannehill. They just think DERRRRRP Dolphins- no QB DERRRRRRRRP. Because they're ****ing stupid.

There is a few who love tannehill like jaws and trent dilfer

There is a few who love tannehill like jaws and trent dilfer

Those guys are QB's who understand how to play QB. I would hope they of all people would realize that Tannehill's arrow is pointing up.

It will be interesting to see how the pats respond to this on the field. They usually start off slow lately, is that the receivers fault? Is it Brady starting out slow? If the 4 game suspension holds, and Brady is shaking the cobwebs off, getting into a rhythm with everybody.... His first game is @ Indy, then vs jets tough d defense, then a 4 day break before facing our d line.

The chances of us winning a prime time game IN New England are pretty slim, but I do like that it comes after a road trip to Indy and a short week after they face the jets. Hopefully Brady is still limping on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom