"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins new favorites if Brady suspended" Inside article

RJ Bell of pregame.com was just on Cowherd. Basically said New England's chance of winning their division is still better than 50%. Miami less than 20%. Hard to disagree.

Until we actually prove something on the field for once, there is no argument.

RJ Bell of pregame.com was just on Cowherd. Basically said New England's chance of winning their division is still better than 50%. Miami less than 20%. Hard to disagree.
Where should i start? 4 games without Brady. No starting corners (in fact their top 3 corners are gone). Miami got way better i don't even need to explain that. Patriots aren't 50%. In their dreams sure

Coming from a bull**** artist like RJ Bell, the term should not be "hard to disagree" but "easy to ignore".

I agree. We got better. They got worse. How has the gap not closed?

It says the dolphins were ranked in the top 10 in both offense and defense, and their 8-8 record was indicative of their poor special teams. Said its hard to be bad on special teams that many years in a row, normally they are easy to overcome. Also said that Suh addition could put Miami over the top. They currently have us losing to Brady and the pats in the AFC championship game, but without Brady, we'd be their favorites to make the superbowl.
Their 8-8 record is more indicative of them being owned the last weeks of the season, not special teams.

Where should i start? 4 games without Brady. No starting corners (in fact their top 3 corners are gone). Miami got way better i don't even need to explain that. Patriots aren't 50%. In their dreams sure

When we let Solai leave for Atlanta, we thought the guys we had would make the plays and we would not miss a beat. Well, our run defense has not been the same since.
Losing Wilfork will have a huge effect on their defense. They have no one to step in and play like him. Also, losing 2 corners is not easy to overcome either.
Their defense will be ordinary and mediocre this year.
Their back up QB will probably play well behind their oline and running game. They will play ball control with a softer defense. They can be beaten by most solid teams.
When Brady comes back, he will not have his customary deflated balls. I see their turnovers going up this year.
I love our chances if we can get a few more big passing plays, seal up the leaking oline, and shore up our run defense.
Phillips and Suh - check
Parker, Stills, and Landry - check (sounds like a band)
New corn and Albert back - check

We still will have to face Brady twice. It gives us a little more room for error but that's it.

The Patriots always start slow and then crush the end of the season. I don't think Brady's 4 game suspension really does anything when it comes to winning the division.

They should have suspended Brady for the LAST four games of the season...

We still will have to face Brady twice. It gives us a little more room for error but that's it.

That's the proper way to look at it...more margin. Team trends like New England generally starting slow are mostly meaningless. If Brady does sit for 4 games the math changes and the Dolphins are a natural beneficiary.

It reminds me of golf telecasts when a player might double bogey the final hole on Saturday and the announcers try to pretend it might help him, make him more motivated for Sunday. That's an idiot perspective. Ian Baker-Finch offers crap like that all the time. But on NBC Johnny Miller knows the applicable math. He'll say the guy's odds just went from 40% to 20%. It's remarkable how accurate he is, for someone with no background in speculation.

If the Patriots drop one game in season win over/under projection, as I expect, then Miami's division odds move closer to New England. Fairly basic. The Patriots might overcome it in a one-season 2015 sample but if you played it out repeatedly with Brady missing the first 4 games they wouldn't win the division or make the playoffs nearly as frequently as if he played all 16 games. Big picture.

That's the proper way to look at it...more margin. Team trends like New England generally starting slow are mostly meaningless. If Brady does sit for 4 games the math changes and the Dolphins are a natural beneficiary.

It reminds me of golf telecasts when a player might double bogey the final hole on Saturday and the announcers try to pretend it might help him, make him more motivated for Sunday. That's an idiot perspective. Ian Baker-Finch offers crap like that all the time. But on NBC Johnny Miller knows the applicable math. He'll say the guy's odds just went from 40% to 20%. It's remarkable how accurate he is, for someone with no background in speculation.

If the Patriots drop one game in season win over/under projection, as I expect, then Miami's division odds move closer to New England. Fairly basic. The Patriots might overcome it in a one-season 2015 sample but if you played it out repeatedly with Brady missing the first 4 games they wouldn't win the division or make the playoffs nearly as frequently as if he played all 16 games. Big picture.

We have to take care of our business. If the Pats start 2-2 and we start 2-2, then how will that help us.
In the end, we have to win 12 games, including games against the pats to win the division. 11 games will not be enough.

Back
Top Bottom