Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO

The good and bad side of publicity Ricky gave us the bad publicity then we resigned him that gave us a black eye but fortunately for us Ricky has played well.

the bad part of not having mega stars is that it can hurt us at playoff time and the networks will cheat some of us out getting to watch our belove fins on tv.

another bad part is it can help to discourage possibly new fans from becoming fin fans and the fins popularity is important to me because I hate seeing new jets, bills and Bills fans while at the same time I am seeing less fin fans.

the good side ,
it keeps us from turning into a circus like it did durring the 2004 season I.E. David Boston ricky Williams and the A.J feely fiasco.

winng shouold be the most important thing for us but I am guilty of wanting to have superstars because i think its neat to see fin players jerseys being worn . I dont like being the a unpopular team because networks will not want to show our games thus It purely cheats me out of seeing the dolphins.
truth is superstars dont kill us its lame players doing lame things that cost us the game that kills us.

Hard Knocks is a great show.

I've missed it over the last couple of seasons but i remember the Chiefs one was really cool because it covered the contract holdout of Larry Johnson and how both he and the team were dealing with it.

Where else can you see that?

Just like my Spurs, I'd rather my team be concerned about winning rather than who has the most outrageous personality. This sort of show is meant for the tween ESPN slam dunk Top 10 highlight-seeking sports fans of today.

IMO of course.

Jets continue to out manuever this regime not only for talented FA's and draft picks, but now in the art of publicity.

For a team who's stadium is typically filled at 50% capacity, you would think Ross would pay to have the Fins featured on HBO.

But no....lest the Patriots tivo the dang series and learn about our double secret super complex offensive passing scheme!

I'm definitely not a Jets fan, but boy have they captured the headlines, and they fill their stadium.

Fins on the other hand, hey, they just signed another offensive guard! Wow!

You do realize you're allowed to follow another team if you really want to, right?

The Jets don't fill their stadium unless they're winning.

and "captured" the headlines? By what, raiding the Chargers for washed up talent?

Some of you loons need to lighten up. If you actually enjoy football, this is a great show regardless of the team featured.

Leave the limelight to other teams. I just want the Phins to win...there are enough reality tv shows out there. I don't need to see one about an NFL team.

while I would love nothing more than seeing the Dolphins on Hard Knocks - it definitely isn't "the Parcells way" and isn't in our best interest.

just sucks because i like to root for the hard knocks team usually

Jets continue to out manuever this regime not only for talented FA's and draft picks, but now in the art of publicity.

For a team who's stadium is typically filled at 50% capacity, you would think Ross would pay to have the Fins featured on HBO.

But no....lest the Patriots tivo the dang series and learn about our double secret super complex offensive passing scheme!

I'm definitely not a Jets fan, but boy have they captured the headlines, and they fill their stadium.

Fins on the other hand, hey, they just signed another offensive guard! Wow!
We totally should have made a big splash in FA. We have a need at LB. We definitely should have addressed that. Darn this front office!

The Jets don't fill their stadium unless they're winning.

and "captured" the headlines? By what, raiding the Chargers for washed up talent?
Not true. They are always in the top three or four when it comes to attendance and I don't really consider them a winning organization.

Back
Top Bottom