Dolphins please re-sign Reggie Bush | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins please re-sign Reggie Bush

The o-line opened up a hole big enough to drive a truck through at one point- Bush inexplicably didn't see it, and tried bouncing it to the edge. A play where he'd still be running resulted in a 2-yard gain. This happens with Bush a little too much for my liking. It's not always the o-line's fault.

I'm not a big "pro-Reggie" guy, so your point is taken. My point is that it doesn't matter who we have at RB with this OL, they don't open holes consitently....the only one on this line right now worth a **** is Pouncey...

Martin and Jerry have been completely unable to open holes on their side...Incognito just sucks....and sucks even more in the zone blocking scheme. We need to change the OL big time. If we don't, expect the same crap next year.

The Reggie knockers would have eliminated that 53 yard gain today. He never would have been in the game, let alone getting the ball, if they were the deciders.

Imagine their dismay when he burst into the open field, and suddenly their petulant outbursts during the first half were wiped out within seconds.

You've got to love it. Seriously, you've got to love it. That's what happens when you bet against a great talent. Looking stupid is well earned. I'll bet against Daniel Thomas and take my chances.

Sean Payton eliminated the 53 yard runs. He had the same mindset as countless posters on this board. When Reggie started slowly, Reggie didn't get the ball. That was particularly true during the final two seasons in New Orleans, and that's one reason why Reggie averaged a full yard less as a Saint than Dolphin. Of course, Payton was bailed out by the fact he had Drew Brees and many effective skill position options. In our case the Reggie knockers are particularly pathetic because they don't want him to get the ball, while simultaneously denouncing our receivers as the worst in the league, and the quarterback as an inexperienced rookie who can't be expected to carry everything on his own. As I said, you've got to love it. :D

If it were up to some of the Finheaven faithful, Cam Wake would play RB, Randy Starks would play TE and Reshad Jones would play WR, while MIke Pouncey would play both ways on the OLine and DLine. Everybody else can "walk" like we will magically find thse "better players" to replace them.

Reggie is the biggest offensive talent we have outside of the "potential" of Ryan Tannehill. We would be damn fools to just let him walk.

I'm not a big "pro-Reggie" guy, so your point is taken. My point is that it doesn't matter who we have at RB with this OL, they don't open holes consitently....the only one on this line right now worth a **** is Pouncey...

Martin and Jerry have been completely unable to open holes on their side...Incognito just sucks....and sucks even more in the zone blocking scheme. We need to change the OL big time. If we don't, expect the same crap next year.

Yeah, I don't disagree about the o-line at all... My ideal scenario would be to leave Martin at left tackle, kick Jerry to right tackle, and draft a guard or two in the middle or later rounds. I don't know what FA guards may be out there, or even what FA right tackle's if they decide to keep Jerry at guard. I agree that Incognito needs to go, he's not cut out for the zone scheme.

Reggie is the biggest drive killer on the team. The people wanting Reggie on this team really doesn't understand football. One 53 yard run does not make up for 5-7 rushes per game where he doesn't take the yards on the field and ends up with negative plays. Especially with the kind of offense we have now. Every one of the 5-7 negative runs equals a punt. There is no way Philbin is going to allow him back on this team next year. I really think we would be in the playoffs this year if Reggie wasn't on this team.

A big run every two or three games in NO WAY overcomes the 15-20 drives ended over that same time because he is so unwilling to take what is there, always trying to break the big one. I would rather them bring back Pat White than resign Bush. And I am 99.9% convinced Philbin sees the same thing. Wait an see.

Reggie is the biggest drive killer on the team. The people wanting Reggie on this team really doesn't understand football. One 53 yard run does not make up for 5-7 rushes per game where he doesn't take the yards on the field and ends up with negative plays. Especially with the kind of offense we have now. Every one of the 5-7 negative runs equals a punt. There is no way Philbin is going to allow him back on this team next year. I really think we would be in the playoffs this year if Reggie wasn't on this team.

A big run every two or three games in NO WAY overcomes the 15-20 drives ended over that same time because he is so unwilling to take what is there, always trying to break the big one. I would rather them bring back Pat White than resign Bush. And I am 99.9% convinced Philbin sees the same thing. Wait an see.

What a crock of ****, last I checked coaches like explosive plays. I'd like to see some evidence any coach would rather have thirty 3.3 yard runs than a few big plays mixed in with minimal gains for the same 100 yards.

The problem with Reggie is not his sporadic yards per play but the fact that he's relatively expensive for a running back and has proven to be a hit away from missing games. A lot of teams in the league would gladly make Reggie their feature back if he would sign with them for free.

OUR problem as an organization is he is our one and only playmaker. I don't know if you can be a contender paying a running back $7 million per year in this day and age but I do know that you won't be a contender with zero playmakers on your team.

The o-line opened up a hole big enough to drive a truck through at one point- Bush inexplicably didn't see it, and tried bouncing it to the edge. A play where he'd still be running resulted in a 2-yard gain. This happens with Bush a little too much for my liking. It's not always the o-line's fault.

There was a wasted opportunity in the 2nd quarter where there was a huge hole stairing at him, yet Busg decided to try to get to the edge and lost 4 yards. The commentators even pointed it out

I want Reggie back too but not as a feature back. Use him more on passing plays and some tosses. Let's see what Miller has to offer these last two games too.

MILLER's d*(k. He has shown virtually NOTHING so far.

Dear Stephen Ross, Please re-sign Reggie Bush.....!d-1
Agree dude. I don't get all these fans saying "yes, but only for cheap" or "he doesn't do this or that". He's the only dangerous player on offense and this will be back to back 1,000 yd years w 4.5-5.5 yds per carry. I don't care if the average goes up due to occassional long bursts. 3 yds per carry doesn't get it done in todays NFL - its about play makers - and Bush is a proven play maker. Heck, have him rtn punts too like he did so well for NO. Get another back that can compliment him. Throw more to him like NO did. But by all means don't let the guy walk.

what a deceiving stat line bush puts up it seems...one big crater size hole carry that you could run a truck through for 53 yards surrounded by a bunch of east and west when he should be putting his foot in the ground and going north and south...in a zone blocking scheme no less

bush isn't getting it done and that per carry average is tainted by all the negative runs and 2 yard gains etc as a result of too much bouncing things wide in an effort to gain the corner...

i'm over it...give me north and south

Back
Top Bottom