Dolphins RB Thigpen eager to show what he can do | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins RB Thigpen eager to show what he can do

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I have my doubts. Without a OL to block for him, I do not see him doing alot.
DAVIE, Fla. -- When Arian Foster made his NFL breakthrough in 2010, Marcus Thigpen took note, confident he could make a big splash himself if given an opportunity.

That chance will likely come Sunday, when Thigpen assumes a more prominent role with the Miami Dolphins in their road game against the New York Jets.
With running back Daniel Thomas sidelined because of a sprained ankle, Thigpen has been promoted to the backup spot behind starter Lamar Miller. That likely means significant playing time for Thigpen, a second-year pro who has excelled as a kick returner but has only three career carries.
"I always had the idea that if I could get the opportunity to go out there and showcase my talents, I could shock the coaches," Thigpen said. "They don't know what I can do, because I haven't been in this position. Once they can give me the opportunity, I can definitely show them."
Including runbacks, Thigpen has had five gains of 50 yards or more in his brief career, which underscores his breakaway ability.
"Marcus is a talented guy," quarterback Ryan Tannehill said Wednesday. "We've all seen his speed flash at certain times on special teams. He's a weapon we can use in this offense. It's going to be exciting to see what he can bring to the table."

Not even Barry Sanders could excel when there are zero holes. But I hope he finds a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With his speed there's always a chance he can break one, but with his size there's also a chance he'll get stopped for a loss. I'm guessing the chances of the latter are significantly higher than the former...

If it means he stops fielding punts and kicks I'm all for it.

Btw, I've said this before and I'll say it again, having watched Thigpen in the CFL, he is just an inconsistent ballplayer. He can do it all, and he can do it well, but he can't seem to do it for very long. His stints at WR with Hamilton were marred by dropped balls, and when he played RB you always knew he was one big hit away from coughing it up. He was a scary player whether you were playing against him or with him.

I guess my biggest concern would be him fumbling. He should be given carries, but he needs to be reminded to secure the ball.

This is so much BS. Thigpen has a chance to make a difference on every punt return -- and he's not only not made a difference, he's hurt the team by becoming a non-factor in the return game. His short space explosiveness is non-existent. Either he has an injury no one knows about or he's tapped out his talent as a KR/PR -- and most likely WR, based on the non-talent shown so far this year in the return game.

LD

Thigpen is not an NFL runningback. He would do some nice things catching of backfield but no dont even mention Foster with him.

He could have success if used properly, I think he should be used more on third downs and late in games when we are playing catch up.....he has good vision, good speed and can break tackles....looking forward to his chance to get more reps on sunday

Btw, I've said this before and I'll say it again, having watched Thigpen in the CFL, he is just an inconsistent ballplayer. He can do it all, and he can do it well, but he can't seem to do it for very long. His stints at WR with Hamilton were marred by dropped balls, and when he played RB you always knew he was one big hit away from coughing it up. He was a scary player whether you were playing against him or with him.

Thank you for this insight. Hopefully he can get it together starting with this Sunday.

Three career carries. My god this team and the staggering lack of depth is mind boggling.

I don't like thiggy as a ball carrier running back and I don't much like him anymore on the offense over other options either in some packages...last year it made sense cause we didn't have much talent...

But gillislee does nothing for me as a ball carrier also...the 3 deep rb core needs a make over this offseason

why is thigpen even on this team? he's supposed to be a good return man yet he's awful at that and makes one bad decision after another regarding fair catches and when to take the ball out of the endzone. he had some moments last year but this season ha has been total sh*t.

Back
Top Bottom