Dolphins RB Thigpen eager to show what he can do | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins RB Thigpen eager to show what he can do

"Give a chance" talk is ****ing awesome.

I've yet to see ANY quantification of what a "Chance" is.

I've yet to feel like Lamar Miller has been given a chance, and that's after 11 games with him being what is almost our starting runner.

Miller was injury prone in college which concerns me at the NFL level. I consider him a talented back that serves best in a rotation back that will allow him to stay healthy. Regardless we will find out these next few weeks if he is capable of taking the next step.

Miller was injury prone in college which concerns me at the NFL level. I consider him a talented back that serves best in a rotation back that will allow him to stay healthy. Regardless we will find out these next few weeks if he is capable of taking the next step.

I doubt we will find out much of anything. This staff doesn't know how to manage the run game unless it is effective from the first drive on. If we have a couple unsuccessful runs in a row,, we abandon it, regardless of if our passing game is effective. Many of the runs they call are from passing formations/shotgun, where there is more chance of negative yardage, which tends to happen with an offensive line that hasn't had a chance to gel. Also, since this time is very effective at blowing any leads they are able to get, there is never a situation where the coaching staff is comfortable not passing the ball regularly in attempts to score more points, which has resulted in less opportunities for the run game than their should be with a lead.

Despite averaging 4.2 ypc behind a generally terrible offensive line in disarray, Miller has only topped 15 carries twice, and his season high is 18. We haven't seen consistent blocking in a lot of our games, which has limited his usage, but in games where he has had a lot of success, he still hasn't seen the ball 1/2 as much as a "starting" runner should. I see nothing to suggest that this coaching staff will suddenly know how to use Lamar Miller just because his primary backup is out. It's yet another aspect of their ineptitude.

I don't think we should worry about limiting Lamar Miller's opportunities just because he had injury problems in college. Between he and his bigger counterpart, we've seen Daniel Thomas injured a lot, and haven't really seen Lamar have any issues.

I doubt we will find out much of anything. This staff doesn't know how to manage the run game unless it is effective from the first drive on. If we have a couple unsuccessful runs in a row,, we abandon it, regardless of if our passing game is effective. Many of the runs they call are from passing formations/shotgun, where there is more chance of negative yardage, which tends to happen with an offensive line that hasn't had a chance to gel. Also, since this time is very effective at blowing any leads they are able to get, there is never a situation where the coaching staff is comfortable not passing the ball regularly in attempts to score more points, which has resulted in less opportunities for the run game than their should be with a lead.

Despite averaging 4.2 ypc behind a generally terrible offensive line in disarray, Miller has only topped 15 carries twice, and his season high is 18. We haven't seen consistent blocking in a lot of our games, which has limited his usage, but in games where he has had a lot of success, he still hasn't seen the ball 1/2 as much as a "starting" runner should. I see nothing to suggest that this coaching staff will suddenly know how to use Lamar Miller just because his primary backup is out. It's yet another aspect of their ineptitude.

I don't think we should worry about limiting Lamar Miller's opportunities just because he had injury problems in college. Between he and his bigger counterpart, we've seen Daniel Thomas injured a lot, and haven't really seen Lamar have any issues.
Great post man! I agree 100%

"Give a chance" talk is ****ing awesome.

I've yet to see ANY quantification of what a "Chance" is.

Something like between slim & none when slim has left the bldg or between a rock and a hard place.

[video=youtube;lR9WjYi-G2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR9WjYi-G2Q[/video]

I have lost all belief that Thigpen can be a player. Gillislie is average as hell. Is it that hard to find a 5'10", 210lb back with speed, power, and vision??

TJ Yeldon.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Until we get a consistent running game and actually STICK to it Miami will never score alot of points.

Back
Top Bottom