Dolphins re-sign Fales | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Fales

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
Miami is bringing back backup QB David Fales on a one-year contract, per source.

This SCREAMS early QB. I love how this offseason is panning out. If Miami signs a serviceable linebacker, it really opens up this draft. Loving these moves so far.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but if Miami grabs an early TE & QB in the draft, this team is on the rise! The cuts this year feel reminiscent of ridding the scum of Mike Wallace. I have a good feeling about this offseason thus far.

I like bringing him back. My dream draft still Mayfield, Hurst, Guise/Chubb with our 1st three

I hoping it's just as a training camp role and maybe 3rd qb at best. However if the plan is to draft a qb outside if the first or second round the team is going to need a better back up that Fales.

i'm thinking one of those fourth round picks is going to a strong young arm.

except if we haven't drafted a TE yet. if we haven't, then both fourth round picks should be on tight ends.

Highly doubt a QB in the 1st 3 rounds

I agree. I think too many people are projecting their emotional desires for a big exciting draft occurrence.... in to a false reality. I'm fine with an early QB, it just doesn't seem like that is their mindset at this point.

curious why some of you think that signing our back up QB means we're drafting an early QB...?

@AdamSchefter
Miami is bringing back backup QB David Fales on a one-year contract, per source.

This SCREAMS early QB. I love how this offseason is panning out. If Miami signs a serviceable linebacker, it really opens up this draft. Loving these moves so far.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but if Miami grabs an early TE & QB in the draft, this team is on the rise! The cuts this year feel reminiscent of ridding the scum of Mike Wallace. I have a good feeling about this offseason thus far.

Glad you feel good or what... did I miss something... did we bolt to best in show post MW purge ... or ... did we win a playoff game?? a championship??? where was I during this recent "glory?"

Of course there are folks on here selling season tickets -- yes?

I agree. I think too many people are projecting their emotional desires for a big exciting draft occurrence.... in to a false reality. I'm fine with an early QB, it just doesn't seem like that is their mindset at this point.

You could be right. And, I don't have inside info. But, I could see them plugging enough holes with at least capable guys that they think they can ship off some picks to move up. If you draft the right guy, it's worth it. If you whiff....

With Tannehill restructuring his contact and Fales seemingly a Gase protege, unless a QB falls to #11 I’m guessing they won’t select a QB till day 3. I’ve read they like several TE’s and absolutely love Guice.

If you're drafting a day 3 qb he's not likely going to be ready to be the number 2 guy behind a qb that missed the prior season due to an injury. Your number 2 qb can't be a day 3 rookie or a David Fales type. If it is you're playing with fire.

they will be two qb when dolphins pick at 11, if they want one. fales is not better than moore. so if thill17 get hurt u will be looking at cutler6 again.

With Tannehill restructuring his contact and Fales seemingly a Gase protege, unless a QB falls to #11 I’m guessing they won’t select a QB till day 3. I’ve read they like several TE’s and absolutely love Guice.

I'd be down with saying "the guice (juice) is loose" but I don't think that's how the name is pronounced ha

Back
Top Bottom