Dolphins re-sign Fales | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Fales

they will be two qb when dolphins pick at 11, if they want one. fales is not better than moore. so if thill17 get hurt u will be looking at cutler6 again.

No way oy vey we're nevah lookin' @cutler again ---- in fact no N F L team is nevah lookin' @cutler again.. Pre season last year (before the dreaded black hole
clogged pores season...) Fales was "lookin' good" albeit non-prototypical @N F L QB then BAM! cut his arse lands no team (shocked) grabs his arse so we some
where along the unemployment line bring him back & historically speaking (to the best of my martini driven recall) NO TEAM has evah snatched a top shelf
coitusback under such dynamic gyrations -- do you hear me as if reading in your head or otherwise screaming scratch a winning QB lottery card in R1 or
maybe R2 and let's celebrate [name your fav whatever] !

Good signing. We need a decent third guy who knows the offense, at least for camp. Fales is a cut above your typical third/fourth string QBs, IMO.

gotta have arms for the OTA's.....Lauletta in the 3rd round

Ozzy rules!!

I really liked Fales when i saw his bowl games at San Jose State; I thought he did decent against Buffalo too given the circumstances. Gase seems to like something about him.

Not sure why this screams ‘early QB’ ... regardless of what you think of Fales, we had to have ‘something’ we could call a Backup QB, before the draft.

Also think he will most likely BE the backup QB for this season .... regardless and would think Doughty the odd man out if’n we draft one - no matter where.

So regardless of what you think of RT, better hope his knee holds up - at least for the better part of the season!!

You could be right. And, I don't have inside info. But, I could see them plugging enough holes with at least capable guys that they think they can ship off some picks to move up. If you draft the right guy, it's worth it. If you whiff....
I have not seen our front office show the ability to reproducibly draft well. It seems too many misses to me.

If Fales is the only vet QB we sign in free agency, then I'd confidently assume we're taking a QB at 11, 42, or via trade up.

Fales isn't even an upgrade over Moore and that's for certain. They've mentioned upgrading the backup QB spot. They know Fales isn't that guy. Can't see them trusting a mid round QB either. Too risky with Tannehill coming back from two major knee injuries.

They're looking at Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and Allsn. IMO, if they've completely fallen in love with one of them they'll try to move up. I'm sure Rudolph and Jackson are on the radar too. If they've identified a sleeper prospect, i.e. Lauletta or White, then don't be surprised if they "reach" for one earlier than projected (obviously not at 11).

I'm confident the plan is to pick a QB high.

Last edited:
Never see Austin Allen mentioned and I get it but...
He looked solid at combine
Had a very good 2016 injury in 2017
Watching highlights he looks pretty decent
Any chance on a developmental QB?

I have a question. What makes some fans think Miami will select a QB in round #1? When it’s most likely all 4 QB’s will be selected before Miami picks.

Because not all fans agree that it is most likely all 4 QB will be gone by 11.

Back
Top Bottom