Dolphins' Releases/Re-structures?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Releases/Re-structures??

Kevin Burnet Lb $5,700,000 mill - Should Restructure

Dan Carpenter K $3,000,000 mil - Needs to be cut... I was a fan of his, but not anymore. as a matter a fact he should give some of his salray back to the fans this year

Ritchie Incognito OL $5.3 mil - See ya, I like his play, but not for that price. Pro Bowl alternate or not

Richard Marshall CB $5.7mill - See ya! his track record in AZ made him worth the price, his play this year needs to get him fired.

Karlos Dandby LB $8.5mill - Restructure, but if he doesn't we can live with this number fo 2013... but something needs to happen with his 2014 salary

Dimitri Patterson CB $5mill - Kinda hard to say here, I don't see paying a cut CB from Cleveland $5mill a year, but that is fair market Value for a #2/3 starting CB in the league.

Richard Marshall played one season in AZ not really a track record, his career as a starting cb in Carolina should have prevented us from overpaying him.
That Patterson is such a good starter they cut him before the first season was done on his newly minted contract lol

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Richard Marshall will be a fine #2 CB. He played hurt, cut him some slack.

Interesting in how for most of his career he has not been good as a number 2. He damn sure wasnt good here this season

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I doubt many people will restructure esp knowing we have cap space, I mean I would like to hear that pitch.

cutting dansby is insane.. hes our leading tackler I believe. whats up with people on this forum wanting to cut the captains of our team that are producing at a high level? lol

Richard Marshall played one season in AZ not really a track record, his career as a starting cb in Carolina should have prevented us from overpaying him.That Patterson is such a good starter they cut him before the first season was done on his newly minted contract lol
ugh, i meant to type AZ and Car. this is what happens when you type fast and don't proof read... prior to this year Marshall played in all 16 games a season since his rookie year. His play prior to this year justified his contract, now that he's injuried and didn't appear to be picking up the system fast enough, it isn't!

ugh, i meant to type AZ and Car. this is what happens when you type fast and don't proof read... prior to this year Marshall played in all 16 games a season since his rookie year. His play prior to this year justified his contract, now that he's injuried and didn't appear to be picking up the system fast enough, it isn't!

He wasnt a good corner in Carolina and thats why AZ got him for basically nothing

Kevin Burnett is playing like a top 5 OLB in the NFL and you think he's going to be a cap casualty? There's just no way around this but honestly you're insane. What the hell are you talking about?

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.

Kevin Burnett is playing like a top 5 OLB in the NFL and you think he's going to be a cap casualty? There's just no way around this but honestly you're insane. What the hell are you talking about?

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.

Burnett has played well but he hasnt played top 5 in the NFL. Im sure u can easily name 5 guys better than him

dansby has been a bosss...the glue that keeps that defense together and where they are supposed to be.

burnett while decent against the run, can't even run with scott chandler... he's terrible in coverage. I think the only coverage he did decent in last week was against buffalos fullback....

he could be upgraded for sure. but he is good depth if nothing else.

I can easily name five OLB's better than burnett... that comment was just silly.

He wasnt a good corner in Carolina and thats why AZ got him for basically nothing
Marshall, was brought it primarly to push Vantae and Smith for a starting spot or at the very least be our nikel back... 3 years for 16 mill is a decent price tage for a #2/3 CB... considering Eric Wright who was ranked 4 spots under Marshall by CBS' top 100 FA of 2012 got 5yrs/37.5mill http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents/position/RB?&_1:col_1=3&_1:col_2=1The Fins played it smart on his contract, if he doesn't catch on, cutting him won't cost much....

you cut incog and let long walk you better be ready to draft OL early.

Burnett has played well but he hasnt played top 5 in the NFL. Im sure u can easily name 5 guys better than him

In 2012, for 4-3 OLBs, Burnett has played at a top 5 level. 100%. Will he be top 3 next year? Odds are, no. But you have to stick with the hot hand, and to sit here discussing cutting him as a cap casualty when we have the 3rd most cap room in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

I can easily name five OLB's better than burnett... that comment was just silly.
All due respect, you don't know what you're looking at then. It's that simple.

Burnett has played at a top level. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe Pro Football Focus, which has him as the 3rd best OLB in the AFC through week 17??

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/pro-bowl-roster-2012-afc/
Outside Linebackers: Von Miller (DEN), Justin Houston (KC) and Kevin Burnett (MIA)
There aren’t many players like Von Miller in the league as the 82 quarterback disruptions should show you. What is really understated about him is how good he is against the run, with only two players having more tackles for a loss. Houston hasn’t quite followed up on his strong start to the year but he’s done an excellent job of being a 3-4 outside linebacker who can contribute in every phase of the game. The backup is Burnett who has put behind him a disappointing first year in Miami to rank third overall in our 4-3 outside linebacker rankings.

"quality depth"?? holy moly.

again with PFF, and u said top 5 olb's and Im not sure he would take him as one of the best 4-3 lb's either. he has played good.

Marshall, was brought it primarly to push Vantae and Smith for a starting spot or at the very least be our nikel back... 3 years for 16 mill is a decent price tage for a #2/3 CB... considering Eric Wright who was ranked 4 spots under Marshall by CBS' top 100 FA of 2012 got 5yrs/37.5mill http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents/position/RB?&_1:col_1=3&_1:col_2=1The Fins played it smart on his contract, if he doesn't catch on, cutting him won't cost much....

The smart thing would have been to spend that money elsewhere like on Reggie Wayne. Its ok for a 2nd cb but for a nickelback its stupid money but he is now a starter just not a very good starter and never has been.

again with PFF, and u said top 5 olb's and Im not sure he would take him as one of the best 4-3 lb's either. he has played good.

I'll take my eyes and PFF over most if not all but 3 armchair GMs on FinHeaven every single day of the week. Not calling you one at all, just explaining why I use those numbers.

I'm confused by the rest of your post though. I did say top 5 OLBs, which... he is currently ranked. So.... there you have it I guess? The remainder of your post - I can't understand it so I can't reply to it. I agree with you that he's played well though.

I'll take my eyes and PFF over most if not all but 3 armchair GMs on FinHeaven every single day of the week. Not calling you one at all, just explaining why I use those numbers.

I'm confused by the rest of your post though. I did say top 5 OLBs, which... he is currently ranked. So.... there you have it I guess? The remainder of your post - I can't understand it so I can't reply to it. I agree with you that he's played well though.

I was saying I would not take him as one of the best OLB in a 4-3 either but he is doing a good job. My problem with PFF is that people use this as gospel and there is sometimes more than pure stats breakdown to a player. I mean some people have acted like Dmitri Patterson is a good db just because of some ranking on PFF but in reality the team that signed him doesnt just piss away money cutting him in the first year of a contract if he is playing well, or giving a rookie 5th rounder his spot

Richard Marshall could go to FS if you do not want Clemons back...I would try to sign Clemons and can Marshall or Patterson at the end of camp.

Back
Top Bottom