Dolphins' Releases/Re-structures?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Releases/Re-structures??

better have someone better to replace them, if not why make the team worse. i understand carpenter and patterson but those other guys arent going to restructure

Richard Marshall could go to FS if you do not want Clemons back...I would try to sign Clemons and can Marshall or Patterson at the end of camp.

for the life of me cant figure out why we picked up Patterson's contract i do think if we keep him it does drive up price of Smith. His logic would be Patterson makes 5, Marshall makes 6 so therefor I should make at least 9

better have someone better to replace them, if not why make the team worse. i understand carpenter and patterson but those other guys arent going to restructure

well the issue with Patterson restructuring he is in the first year of his contract so its more financially beneficial to get cut then resign at highest bidder, kind of double dipping

I dont think many of you are giving Marshall a fair shake. He came in and beat out Vontae (I know not sayin a whole lot) for the starting job, I thought he made some good plays and some bad, but he was playing with a hurt back for what, 2 of 4 of his games? I think they keep him, Smith and Patterson. The D has really played well as of late, keep some continuity, the secondary IMO has played well enough that we can just add one veteran to compete and run with it. I'm more worried about what they're gonna do with Starks and Long.

for the life of me cant figure out why we picked up Patterson's contract i do think if we keep him it does drive up price of Smith. His logic would be Patterson makes 5, Marshall makes 6 so therefor I should make at least 9
His logic would be wrong, if Marshall is worth 6, then Smith is worth 6. Smith is a classic "potential" guy. I would love for him to prove me wrong, I just doubt it will happen.

I really liked what I saw out of Patterson last week for coming in on short notice. In my opinion,this will be his tryout today versus a huge test in Baby Brady and company. If he has a solid outing,I'd like to see him here next year. You can never have to many quality corners in a passing league.

Picking up Patterson's contract cost up $340K this year. Next year is not guaranteed, and will cost nothing if he is cut.

Back
Top Bottom