Dolphins request to move Saints game to Miami rejected by the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request to move Saints game to Miami rejected by the NFL

I knew it wasn't a possibility, but I respect Ross even more now for asking and going public with the results. He has proven himself to be a great owner over the past week. Really has his players best interest at heart.

I'm one that didn't want the game moving being in the UK. But I totally understand why he asked and most certainly cant blame him for asking, I feel for the people of Florida and pray that people have got through this time. Do I feel that it should have been moved my answer truthfully would be no but that's just because I don't get that much chance to see them play (obviously the 3 times they've been previously and ive been to Miami 3 times to see them). I do feel that the NFL have to do something though.

Screw the NFL. Goodell would have gladly done it for his buddy, Kraft. But hey, I guess bringing money into a region devistated by a hurricane is less important than keeping your London dream alive.

When is the last time NE actually played a London game? I'm sure they have but I can't think of any appearances overseas by them in recent years.

goodell is too wrapped up in globalism and multiculturalism to help a franchise that NEEDS a break in the worst way. I am shocked but NOT surprised.

Here the Dolphins and people of south Florida are, AMERICANS, and he is worried about politics and $$$. Just means he is a dirty money money-grubbing hypocrite, as if the world needed more of them.

He will probably move that super bowl OUT of Miami since Ross publicized the decision. And kraft, belicheat and brady will sit back and laugh about it.

When is the last time NE actually played a London game? I'm sure they have but I can't think of any appearances overseas by them in recent years.
They've played in London as the road team Vs the bucs (2009) and Rams (2012). Miami and Jacksonville are the only teams to play In London at least 3 times. After this year Miami would have given up 4 home games to London.

Last edited:
They've played in London as the road team Vs the bucs (2009) and Rams (2012). Miami and Jacksonville are the only teams to play In London at least 3 times. After this year Miami would have given up 4 home games to London.
So wrong. 4 home games in London? Talk about getting the shaft. And the Pats only 2 games there w no home games given up? Why am I not surprised.

Hopefully Ross remembers this next year when they ask us to give up a home game AGAIN.

So wrong. 4 home games in London? Talk about getting the shaft. And the Pats only 2 games there w no home games given up? Why am I not surprised.
Oops I meant Miami will have played 4 times in London after this season with 3 of those games being home games. Miami was the road team vs Oakland in London.

I understand the NFL's position, but I think the league needs to rotate these London/Mexico games.

As a Dolphin fan, I feel like my team has had its fair share. You don't see the big market teams making the trek and that just isn't right.

As far as this year goes, the NFL could help Miami out a bit by rescheduling its Thursday game for a Sunday or Saturday. That seems like an easy fix and at least alleviates one short week game for a team that now has to play 16 straight.

Some people seem to think that the only fans that matter are American fans? Guess what I put as much money if not more into the Dolphins franchise as Miami based fans. I am not happy that they are playing 16 straight but to say just cancel a game people have bought tickets for (not to be replayed by the way) is just ignorant.
I understand the stance of the Dolphins Franchise and to make things easier for the team, but fans saying well these London games Blah , Blah Blah is becoming very tedious. As a Dolphin fan of 30 years I have as much right to see them as the next man.
They agreed to the London games and got a Superbowl out of it they also got in the books for being the first team to play a season game outside America etc. so please don't just dismiss the London games as its also more chance of gaining fans than playing just in Miami.
If it would be to save the travelling then I understand but these guys fly to California which is 2.5 hrs less flight than London? So 5-6 hrs more travel time in a week, thats like me driving to a job for work.
I'm not complaining and would have taken any decision made but BS posts about London games are starting to really grind on me by people that have no thought for other fans or the team they just need something to whine about.

Last edited:
Some people seem to think that the only fans that matter are American fans? Guess what I put as much money if not more into the Dolphins franchise as Miami based fans. I am not happy that they are playing 16 straight but to say just cancel a game people have bought tickets for (not to be replayed by the way) is just ignorant.
I understand the stance of the Dolphins Franchise and to make things easier for the team, but fans saying well these London games Blah , Blah Blah is becoming very tedious. As a Dolphin fan of 30 years I have as much right to see them as the next man.
They agreed to the London games and got a Superbowl out of it they also got in the books for being the first team to play a season game outside America etc. so please don't just dismiss the London games as its also more chance of gaining fans than playing just in Miami.
If it would be to save the travelling then I understand but these guys fly to California which is 2.5 hrs less flight than London? So 5-6 hrs more travel time in a week, thats like me driving to a job for work.
I'm not complaining and would have taken any decision made but BS posts about London games are starting to really grind on me by people that have no thought for other fans or the team they just need something to whine about.

I'm think that 1) Miami paid its dues in 3 gamed already played in London soon to be 4. 2) while yes I ackowlege there are Miami fans in London I'm certain there are far more in the City of Miami and that the people of London could give a **** who plays as they just want to go to an American Football Game and 3) now Miami has 16 straight games and only 7 home games and a trip to the west coast and London which has never happened to an NFL team.

So yeah I'd say Miami earned a concession from the League but not in Baddell's eyes the only thing there is $$$$$$$$$$

Obviously if the game would have been moved people would have been refunded. I get your position, but I don't think it's really fair to say you have as much "right" to watch the MIAMI dolphins in London as you do people who live in Miami. I think you should be a little more sympathetic to both the local fans, and also what's best for the team.

I don't think people would be bitching nearly as much if this wasn't our 4th time including 3 home games.

Back
Top Bottom