Dolphins request to move Saints game to Miami rejected by the NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request to move Saints game to Miami rejected by the NFL

Meh was never going to happen. Especially only a few weeks away from the game and after all the tickets, hotels, sponsor events, cross atlantic flights (half the fans at these games seem to be American) etc have already been booked

Personally im not even going. The last two cost me hundreds each time (need to book flight, hotels etc) and I just dont have the money two weeks after a holiday in spain and a few months before christmas

Obviously if the game would have been moved people would have been refunded. I get your position, but I don't think it's really fair to say you have as much "right" to watch the MIAMI dolphins in London as you do people who live in Miami. I think you should be a little more sympathetic to both the local fans, and also what's best for the team.

I don't think people would be bitching nearly as much if this wasn't our 4th time including 3 home games.

Only the cost of the ticket. If you dont live in London the ticket is probably the cheapest part.

I dont actually disagree with you, i dont like the international stuff much, but if it had been cancelled at this point a lot of fans coming from the US, Europe and even across the Uk would have poured hundreds of dollars down the drain for nothing. And that certainly isnt fair either.

I met fans at the last game who spent well over a thousabd dollars flying to London for the game... refunding them for a 30 quid ticket may not have made them feel much better

Only the cost of the ticket. If you dont live in London the ticket is probably the cheapest part.

I dont actually disagree with you, i dont like the international stuff much, but if it had been cancelled at this point a lot of fans coming from the US, Europe and even across the Uk would have poured hundreds of dollars down the drain for nothing. And that certainly isnt fair either.

I met fans at the last game who spent well over a thousabd dollars flying to London for the game... refunding them for a 30 quid ticket may not have made them feel much better

Oh ya I agree on the travel part , which is definitely why there was never any chance of this being moved. But the poster seemed to be from London himself, so that wasn't the issue that he was talking about.

I have to agree with the 2 above posts its not the price of a ticket that's the issue. People spend a lot of time and money planning holidays (vacations) to come from all over the country and Europe. I have no issue with it being the 4th time and agree 100% that its not fair that 3 have been home games when there are teams that haven't even travelled. (Every team should have been made to play a game then it wouldn't affect individual teams as much) This also shows to me how popular the Dolphins are in the UK and Europe that's a big positive for the Dolphins Franchise.

To give you some sort of indication of costs.

This is coming just 300 miles from where I live to London
Ticket for my family is £150 (yes would be refunded)
Petrol for travel £80-£100 travelling on the Friday so to see any build up on Saturday.
3 nights Stay £300 - £400 (non refundable)

So the cost to me roughly just travelling and watching no food or drink included is roughly £530 - £650 ($700 - $860) of which I would lose (around $530) so that's why it wouldn't be right. times that by 80,000 people = $42,400,000 a lot of disgruntled fans.

I also agree that it would make things easier for the team but to say think of the people of Miami well at this time I feel for the people of Miami and all of Florida but if you think having that extra home game makes any difference to what has happened then I'm a bit surprised.

Also agree that the Dolphins deserve a concession but to try and cancel a game 3 weeks before its played when people are travelling as far as they are is not that concession. They need to re think the schedule and make any changes they can but again I fail to see the massive implications it would save to cancel the London game.

NY8123 to say the UK don't care who they see just about sums it up (All this well they just want to see a game is rubbish the majority of people going to the games already support a team and have done for many years) There are several things that have not happened before, teams not getting a bye after London trip etc.

I am not trying to cause arguments but just get a little ****** off when people dismiss the UK and European fans as though they don't matter.

The ONLY people that have suffered are the people of Miami and Florida with Irma that is true, but to change the London game changes none of that at all, it would make a difference to the players to play in Miami granted but they already knew this was happening and the travelling is no different.

Disadvantage yes I think we have that with 16 weeks but I tell you what lets see how the team responds for the fans in Miami and lets hope they get to 9-0 or 8-1 by the bye week and take a week off at their own choice against one of the remaining teams :) GO FINS !!!!!!!!

I have to agree with the 2 above posts its not the price of a ticket that's the issue. People spend a lot of time and money planning holidays (vacations) to come from all over the country and Europe. I have no issue with it being the 4th time and agree 100% that its not fair that 3 have been home games when there are teams that haven't even travelled. (Every team should have been made to play a game then it wouldn't affect individual teams as much) This also shows to me how popular the Dolphins are in the UK and Europe that's a big positive for the Dolphins Franchise.

To give you some sort of indication of costs.

This is coming just 300 miles from where I live to London
Ticket for my family is £150 (yes would be refunded)
Petrol for travel £80-£100 travelling on the Friday so to see any build up on Saturday.
3 nights Stay £300 - £400 (non refundable)

So the cost to me roughly just travelling and watching no food or drink included is roughly £530 - £650 ($700 - $860) of which I would lose (around $530) so that's why it wouldn't be right. times that by 80,000 people = $42,400,000 a lot of disgruntled fans.

I also agree that it would make things easier for the team but to say think of the people of Miami well at this time I feel for the people of Miami and all of Florida but if you think having that extra home game makes any difference to what has happened then I'm a bit surprised.

Also agree that the Dolphins deserve a concession but to try and cancel a game 3 weeks before its played when people are travelling as far as they are is not that concession. They need to re think the schedule and make any changes they can but again I fail to see the massive implications it would save to cancel the London game.

NY8123 to say the UK don't care who they see just about sums it up (All this well they just want to see a game is rubbish the majority of people going to the games already support a team and have done for many years) There are several things that have not happened before, teams not getting a bye after London trip etc.

I am not trying to cause arguments but just get a little ****** off when people dismiss the UK and European fans as though they don't matter

The ONLY people that have suffered are the people of Miami and Florida with Irma that is true, but to change the London game changes none of that at all, it would make a difference to the players to play in Miami granted but they already knew this was happening and the travelling is no different.

Disadvantage yes I think we have that with 16 weeks but I tell you what lets see how the team responds for the fans in Miami and lets hope they get to 9-0 or 8-1 by the bye week and take a week off at their own choice against one of the remaining teams :) GO FINS !!!!!!!!

They matter for selling tv rights. Nothing else. That is the only thing that matters to the NFL

Id have a ****ing fit if United home games were ever moved out of Manchester. I support the Miami Dolphins, if they happen to play in London I will turn up, but I accepted a long time ago I would need to go to Miami to watch the Dolphins.

And the idea of a London team is moronic.

Last edited:
They matter for selling tv rights. Nothing else.

Id have a ****ing fit if United home games were ever moved out of Manchester. I support the Miami Dolphins, if they happen to play in London I will turn up, but I accepted a long time ago I would need to go to Miami to watch the Dolphins.

And the idea of a London team is moronic.

But they have agreed to come here to help themselves get a Superbowl, they don't have to but if they want something they have to give something. I would love to be able to go to Miami every year but I cant have been 3 times and seen them here 3 times. In 30 years its not enough so the more chance I get to see them is a bonus.

And 100% agree with the London team being moronic.

I don't want a team over here I AM A DOLPHIN FAN!!!!!!!! and a London team would not change that :)

Back
Top Bottom