Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm

Every day we get closer to the draft the more I feel like Miami's first round pick will be a WR or a defensive lineman. I just think all of the best offensive tackles will be gone by pick 21. I think it's likely six offensive tackles will be off the board before Miam's pick at 21.
They'll probably have a list where they think it's worth the pick at 21. I still hope they do but it may be BPA. Might depend on where they think EE is at in his rehab.

What's the drop-off between Rounds 1 and 2 for OL?

I don't know that its a huge drop off in talent, its more about availability.

IOL become a better value in the second round so procuring one becomes that much harder at 55.

Eagles have picks 50 and 53, so swapping 55 for 50 could be on the agenda. Eagles need a CB at 22 and holding pick 21 might help us make that second round swap. Quite a few teams picking behind us might want to get ahead of Philly to grab a CB.

It would be a small trade to execute 21 and 55 for 22 and 50 but could help out both teams.

Eagles also have a bunch of late round picks this year but coincidentally only a 1st, 2nd and 3 rounder next year. We could easily work something out with them to pick up 161, 171 or 172 from this year and give them back something next year. They actually seem like obvious trade partners right now given that we'll have a bunch of comp picks next year. They don't have room on their roster for a bunch of 5th and 6th round picks this year anyway.

Last edited:
I like bringing Lamm back but I'm hoping this doesn’t stop us from going OL with our top pick
IDK, at 21 you're likely looking at at least tier 2 and possibly 3 level prospects at Tackle and I don't want to reach.

For a guard or Center, the value isn't normally there in rd1. We might be better off waiting until rd 2 if that's the direction.

Last edited:
Very nice piece. Without him, I’d be concerned at OT depth.

9 linemen
1. Armstead
2. AJ
3. Brewer
4. Wynn
5. R Jones
6. Lamm
7. Eich
8. Driscoll
9. Kion Smith
Cotton if someone hurt

To me, DL is the far more acute need. There we have Sieler and a bunch of depth pieces. Draft has some good day two pieces on the D line. Sweat from Texas. Huge but more wiggle than you’d expect. Hall from Ohio State etc. Would love to get a couple. Then that drops a lot of our guys into depth roles.

Every day we get closer to the draft the more I feel like Miami's first round pick will be a WR or a defensive lineman. I just think all of the best offensive tackles will be gone by pick 21. I think it's likely six offensive tackles will be off the board before Miam's pick at 21.
I'm feeling the same way except would say Edge instead of DL (Grier seems to be hitting DL w/ quantity rather than a Wilkins replacement so to speak). Grier loves those premium positions in round 1, also hit on Phillips with the 18th pick a few years ago and could be looking to that formula. I guess a lot depends on Chubb/Phillips prognosis at this point but it will be hard to get a premium edge after round 1 I would think whereas in a deep OL/WR draft we could still land those spots later. I keep talking myself in circles but Edge/WR/OL (if we can obtain a 3rd round pick) very well could end up the direction.

I'm feeling the same way except would say Edge instead of DL (Grier seems to be hitting DL w/ quantity rather than a Wilkins replacement so to speak). Grier loves those premium positions in round 1, also hit on Phillips with the 18th pick a few years ago and could be looking to that formula. I guess a lot depends on Chubb/Phillips prognosis at this point but it will be hard to get a premium edge after round 1 I would think whereas in a deep OL/WR draft we could still land those spots later. I keep talking myself in circles but Edge/WR/OL (if we can obtain a 3rd round pick) very well could end up the direction.
Hopefully they recuperate

Happy I Like It GIF

IDK, at 21 you're likely looking at at least tier 2 and possibly 3 level prospects at Tackle and I don't want to reach.

For a guard or Center, the value isn't normally there in rd1. We might be better off waiting until rd 2 if that's the direction.
well, would you agree that OL is our weakest unit from last year and we lost our top two OL guys(Williams/Hunt).....if you agree with me on that then you can see why I'm totally on board drafting a guy like Fautanu and if he's gone then Barton.......I believe this team will only go as far as our OL take us and right now our OL has been downgraded from last year.....we got Brewer to replace one of the top center in the NFL last year and as of now, we're replacing Hunt with what we have now which is the same players we had last year.

I'm normally not wanting to draft IOL with our top pick but there are times when you need to make an exception and this is that year imo.

Now I'd be fine with not going OL with our top pick if we can end up with Cooper Beebe in the 2nd round but there's no guarantee that he'll be there.

Back
Top Bottom