Dolphins seventh-round WR Isaiah Ford "hasn't made much of an impression" in OTAs. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins seventh-round WR Isaiah Ford "hasn't made much of an impression" in OTAs.

Never get too high or too low on a player without the pads. We've seen so many OTA Superstars not even stick on the practice squad. And many guys we didn't hear much at all about during OTA's end up making the actual 53 for that matter.

I've always felt Barry was a tad bit overrated mostly due to his competitors being crap, somebody has to be on top. Joe Schad is a welcome addition.
I think the attraction with Barry was that he was a straight shooter who just reported the news he dug up and presented it without pretending like he was the second coming of Vince Lombardi. This made a stark contrast with some other "journalists" on the Miami beat.

That objectivity seems to have diminished with Jackson lately. He's gotten gloomy and a little... edgy. My guess is his editors found him too vanilla and want him to be more polarising.

It's been like a week. I wouldn't expect any rookie to impress by this point

Ya exactly. Some people are just good "football players" with pads on.

Asiata probably will destroy some DTs and lbers when the pads are on.

Time will tell.

Phins Up!!!

Give the kid a chance.

Nah. I say just release Malcom Lewis and sign Jeremy Machlin as the #4 receiver/punt returner and then let Carroo, Ford, Grant, Scott, Morgan Owusu and Stringfellow fight it out for the fifth and final spot. While they're at sign Barnidge at tight end and add him to the trio of Fasano, Thomas and Gray. Miami would then hold the title of best receiving units in the entire league. I bet it works on Madden anyway.

Nah. I say just release Malcom Lewis and sign Jeremy Machlin as the #4 receiver/punt returner and then let Carroo, Ford, Grant, Scott, Morgan Owusu and Stringfellow fight it out for the fifth and final spot. While they're at sign Barnidge at tight end and add him to the trio of Fasano, Thomas and Gray. Miami would then hold the title of best receiving units in the entire league. I bet it works on Madden anyway.

I don't see Maclin coming here as the 4th option, supposedly Lesean Mccoy is recruiting him to buffalo, and that seems like a logical spot to me... questionable on if Watkins comes back next year / or stays healthy, their 2nd round pick is dealing with a knee injury, Maclin may be opportunistic there

I don't see Maclin coming here as the 4th option, supposedly Lesean Mccoy is recruiting him to buffalo, and that seems like a logical spot to me... questionable on if Watkins comes back next year / or stays healthy, their 2nd round pick is dealing with a knee injury, Maclin may be opportunistic there

Agree very unlikely, but if you're going to dream you might as well dream big.

That would be Drew Morgan, he will at least cause the release of Grant!

That kid is crafty. He also looks super slow. Might make a 2 deep slot

I got to wonder if the production to date in otas from him is more scheme driven than defeat coverage.

That kid is crafty. He also looks super slow. Might make a 2 deep slot

I got to wonder if the production to date in otas from him is more scheme driven than defeat coverage.

He may be slow for combine purposes, however; Laundry ran 4.77 and Morgan ran a 4.74. Not comparing the 2 overall, but sometimes speed for the 40 and field speed are totally different!

He may be slow for combine purposes, however; Laundry ran 4.77 and Morgan ran a 4.74. Not comparing the 2 overall, but sometimes speed for the 40 and field speed are totally different!

On a pulled hamstring. Landry is much faster than the combine time that gets passed around.

pretty sure morgans was a pro day time...so that cat's running mid 4.8s at a combine....landry ran 4.61 I believe at his pro day

looks like a slot that will rely heavily on scheme for production

Back
Top Bottom