Dolphins show interest in Aaron Murray | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins show interest in Aaron Murray

I'm going to go out an limb here. I think there is absolutely zero chance we draft a QB. We have too many holes to fill to be wasting picks on fourth to seventh round QB's. I can see them maybe bringing in an undrafted QB.
The smart thing to do is plan to develop a young QB with upside. If Murray or McCarron or Garapollo is available when we pick in say the 4th round, he may be the BPA. Despite the fact that we have more immediate pressing needs. Developing a good low cost backup QB frees up a potential cost saving in Matt Moore in a year's time. We will need the extra $5M not too far down the track to help pay for Tannehill. And who knows, Murray could have the ability to become a starting quality QB if nurtured properly by Lazor (his skill is developing QBs eg Foles). I actually think that there is a high probability that we draft a QB in the mid rounds.

I didn't realize Murray's hands were only 9 1/8. That's kind of borderline. In fact, one friend of mine uses that exact number as the cutoff point. He likes to bet against young quarterbacks with hands below 9 1/8.

I believe Brett Smith of Wyoming measured at 10 inch hands. I like him as an intriguing mid round prospect.

I'm glad ... I like the kid

I didn't realize Murray's hands were only 9 1/8. That's kind of borderline. In fact, one friend of mine uses that exact number as the cutoff point. He likes to bet against young quarterbacks with hands below 9 1/8.

I believe Brett Smith of Wyoming measured at 10 inch hands. I like him as an intriguing mid round prospect.
Are you sure that's his hand size?

4th round sounds about right. His guy is tough as nails and seems to have great football smarts. Coming of an injury which seems to be a recurring theme around here. i could see him beating out Devlin for a spot...

If he beats out Devlin for a spot there's gonna be some people on this board jumping off a bridge, lol.

Ld

Are you sure that's his hand size?

I just measured and his is the same as mine (9 1/8) oh hand size ? nevermind :chuckle:

The way they measure hand size is to spread your hand flat and measure from the outside of your thumb to the outside of your idex finger. Mine is actually the same as Aaron's and i'm also about the same size (6'1" 208) so that's probably average as opposed to Russell Wilson's 10 + inch hands. Here some of the other QB's if anyone is interested.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/nfl_combine_how_do_you_measure.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I just measured and his is the same as mine (9 1/8) oh hand size ? nevermind :chuckle:

The way they measure hand size is to spread your hand flat and measure from the outside of your thumb to the outside of your idex finger. Mine is actually the same as Aaron's and i'm also about the same size (6'1" 208) so that's probably average as opposed to Russell Wilson's 10 + inch hands. Here some of the other QB's if anyone is interested.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/nfl_combine_how_do_you_measure.html

I was going to say, of you have a bonafide 9 1/8", you are a stud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the old Woody Allen story he used to tell back in his stand-up days about picking up and parking with a sexy hitchhiker who, when telling him to give her nine inches and hurt her, he balled her 3X and banged her head against the steering wheel.

here's some of this years QB's

Largest
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech (10 7/8)

Smallest
Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois and Dustin Vaughan, West Texas A&M (8 7/8)

Others of note
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (9 7/8)
Blake Bortles, Central Florida (9 3/8)
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (9 1/4)
Tajh Boyd, Clemson (9 5/8)
Derek Carr, Fresno State (9 1/8)
AJ McCarron, Alabama (10)
Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois (9 1/4)
Aaron Murray, Georgia (9 1/8)

Logan Thomas has some bear claws

I hope we take a chance on logan thomas. Yes yes I know... but he has upside and thats the point of the third qb

Back
Top Bottom