Dolphins show interest in Aaron Murray | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins show interest in Aaron Murray

Last year many people liked Tyler Wilson of Arkansas. He had sub-9 inch hands. Didn't pan out, in fact a huge bust, waived by the Raiders despite being picked in the 4th round.

The smart thing to do is plan to develop a young QB with upside. If Murray or McCarron or Garapollo is available when we pick in say the 4th round, he may be the BPA. Despite the fact that we have more immediate pressing needs. Developing a good low cost backup QB frees up a potential cost saving in Matt Moore in a year's time. We will need the extra $5M not too far down the track to help pay for Tannehill. And who knows, Murray could have the ability to become a starting quality QB if nurtured properly by Lazor (his skill is developing QBs eg Foles). I actually think that there is a high probability that we draft a QB in the mid rounds.

Not only that, but if Murray shows some signs of potential, we may be able to swing him for a 2nd rounder in the future if Tannehill pans out.

If he drops I would completely be on board with this. I could see hom becoming a great backup or a potential starter worth trading in a few seasons

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

here's some of this years QB's

Largest
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech (10 7/8)

Smallest
Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois and Dustin Vaughan, West Texas A&M (8 7/8)

Others of note
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (9 7/8)
Blake Bortles, Central Florida (9 3/8)
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (9 1/4)
Tajh Boyd, Clemson (9 5/8)
Derek Carr, Fresno State (9 1/8)
AJ McCarron, Alabama (10)
Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois (9 1/4)
Aaron Murray, Georgia (9 1/8)

Logan Thomas has some bear claws

With everything considered I think AJ McCarron is the likeliest to be the best QB of the class and I think Tajh Boyd could be the steal of the draft if he makes it to the 7th or even goes undrafted. If we're hell bent on getting a backup QB in the draft (and I think we should be) I think we could get good value with pretty much everyone on that list after the 4th round (everyone except Logan Thomas), personally I would take Boyd in the 6th though.

My prediction is we will take a QB at some point and we're keeping Moore right now as insurance in case there are no opportunities to get good value.

I would take a late round QB every damn year regardless of who's on your roster if you believe in their potential. Aaron Murray is much more interesting a prospect than Morris even though he doesn't have anywhere near the physical ability. Smart in the pocket, reads the field well, and great touch on the deep ball. Big fan of his and would happily spend a 4th on him.

Don't see the need to spend a draft pick on a QB IMO. I'd rather get a rookie FA.

Back
Top Bottom