Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension

I'm not nearly as negative about this signing as most of y'all.

A couple of reasons...
1) I figure this is a default signing and they'll be a rookie in camp to compete with him.
2) Yes, Sanders was much better last year, and holder continuity IS part of that, even though some scoff.
3) Bailey's numbers weren't much below league average... maybe a yard or so, so I just don't see it as a big deal.

Well didn't the Chiefs just pick up the punt god kid that Buffalo had to let go for rape allegations that were later dropped or something? KC's special teams were huge in their SB win and the MD's special teams have been huge in our failures year to year. We need to improve but how exactly are we going about that? Just hoping for less injuries so we don't have to use our few ST studs on D?

We could have just picked up an UDRFA punter who could do better than Bailey and have them on the rookie minimum for 4 years.

With the salary cap mess we are in, why are we prioritizing re-signing a terrible punter?

I'm not nearly as negative about this signing as most of y'all.

A couple of reasons...
1) I figure this is a default signing and they'll be a rookie in camp to compete with him.
2) Yes, Sanders was much better last year, and holder continuity IS part of that, even though some scoff.
3) Bailey's numbers weren't much below league average... maybe a yard or so, so I just don't see it as a big deal.
The big deal is, the team is still over the cap and Grier’s priority is re-signing one of the worst punters in the league? This team would be better off with an undrafted free agent punter. At least you would have some untapped potential with a rookie for way less money.

Told everyone fron my TC report last year he was str8 garbage.

This FO and coaching staff is beginning to look clueless...

The big deal is, the team is still over the cap and Grier’s priority is re-signing one of the worst punters in the league? This team would be better off with an undrafted free agent punter. At least you would have some untapped potential with a rookie for way less money.
Exactly

dave-chappelle-dylon.gif

Back
Top Bottom