Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension

Only three touchbacks all last season may have had something to do with it.

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

The big deal is, the team is still over the cap and Grier’s priority is re-signing one of the worst punters in the league? This team would be better off with an undrafted free agent punter. At least you would have some untapped potential with a rookie for way less money.

The Chiefs picked up "Punt God" Matt Araiza and they already have a good punter. He was out there to be had. At least worth a flyer.

The net punting average of all the punters in the NFL are all within 3-4 yards of one another. While Bailey might not have the booming kicks of some of the punters, his net average is very comparable to the other punters in the league.

Sanders was much more reliable on longer field goals with Bailey as his holder than he had been in recent years. I’m happy to give up a couple of net punting yards if it means Sanders will continue to score points with long field goals because he has confidence in Bailey as his holder.

I am far more worried about replacing the starters they will likely lose in free agency and in the cuts they have made already to reduce their cap than with them resigning Bailey.

The Chiefs picked up "Punt God" Matt Araiza and they already have a good punter. He was out there to be had. At least worth a flyer.
Little "g" my man! He will have to actually play in the league to earn the capital and even then humble is the way to go there.

we better hope our offense will score every time we get the ball

Sanders was much more reliable on longer field goals with Bailey as his holder than he had been in recent years. I’m happy to give up a couple of net punting yards if it means Sanders will continue to score points with long field goals because he has confidence in Bailey as his holder.
This makes perfect sense now. As time went on, McDaniel took more and more risks when it came to deciding to go for it on 4th down. So, I can see what's coming for next season... no more punting. On every 4th down, McDaniel will either go for it or attempt a FG, and Bailey will get plenty of work as the holder. :chuckle:

The net punting average of all the punters in the NFL are all within 3-4 yards of one another. While Bailey might not have the booming kicks of some of the punters, his net average is very comparable to the other punters in the league.

I am far more worried about replacing the starters they will likely lose in free agency and in the cuts they have made already to reduce their cap than with them resigning Bailey.
Maybe distance sure but how times this guy pin anyone back last year?? I don’t remember too many times

Back
Top Bottom