Dolphins talking trade with several teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking trade with several teams

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins | Talking trade with several teams
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:41:38 -0700
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins have held talks with several teams, including the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets, about trading first-round picks in this weekend's NFL Draft. Two NFL sources said the Vikings are looking to move up to select Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, if he is still on the board when Miami selects at No. 16. Miami does not have a stated need at quarterback, but head coach Nick Saban has not discounted the possibility of taking a quarterback such as Cutler if he slips in the first round. The Jets are included among the teams talking about trading up from their 29th overall selection because they covet a quarterback if they don't land one with their No. 4 overall pick.

elite14eva said:
Dolphins | Talking trade with several teams
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:41:38 -0700
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins have held talks with several teams, including the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets, about trading first-round picks in this weekend's NFL Draft. Two NFL sources said the Vikings are looking to move up to select Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, if he is still on the board when Miami selects at No. 16. Miami does not have a stated need at quarterback, but head coach Nick Saban has not discounted the possibility of taking a quarterback such as Cutler if he slips in the first round. The Jets are included among the teams talking about trading up from their 29th overall selection because they covet a quarterback if they don't land one with their No. 4 overall pick.

Someone already posted this in the draft forum. I really hope we trade down, we need the picks.

good read... i think it would be stupid if we stayed at 16..theres soo many options at 29 if we slide down there...to me all the cornerbacks are equal..so i love the idea

i definitely see trading down as a possibility due to our lack of first day picks. if they will give us their first and second round picks i think saban might jump at it. this is where it pays off that he has showed interest in taking a qb. hopefully it might scare them into trading up to get cutler.

Minnesota would be a good trade, we wouldn't be trading down barely and we would still be picking up a draft choice

if we trade down, we lose our shot at Donte Whitner, Chad Greenway, Manny Lawson, Jason Allen...just to mention a few

I SAY NO TO TRADING DOWN!!!

As we saw last year it is very difficult and quite rare to trade picks. However, would be all for it.

dolfan005 said:
As we saw last year it is very difficult and quite rare to trade picks. However, would be all for it.
last year was different we were picking at no.2.

i guedss im for it but if huff is there at16 along with jackson then i would not do it.

matty3054 said:
if we trade down, we lose our shot at Donte Whitner, Chad Greenway, Manny Lawson, Jason Allen...just to mention a few

I SAY NO TO TRADING DOWN!!!

Any one of those guys will be there at 17 if they are there at 16. Minn wants Cutler. If you are talking about trading with the Jets I can see your point.

I would rather get more picks for Saban.....He knows what he is doing, and who knows who may slip through on draft day.

I say Yes to trading down

ronniethetruck said:
i guedss im for it but if huff is there at16 along with jackson then i would not do it.

Huff won't be there. If he was, Saban would jump on him.

i know it is stupid to trade with divisional rivals but it would be a nice trade to send the 16th to the jets for the 29th and the 36th?? overall...it is probably going to depend on if cutler or someone they are interested in falls

Back
Top Bottom