Dolphins talking trade with several teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking trade with several teams

If Holmes or jackson is there I would want us to take one of them.But if the jets would wanna trade their 29th pick and 2nd rounder for our 16th.I'd be down for that..Prolly not gonna happen but,If we dont get two first day picks in return for our 16th I'd say no to it.

There are several rumors that the Jets want to trade up...

Using their second 1st round pick, among other picks, to get Jay Cutler. Those rumors have been tied to Baltimore among other teams, so it is not unbelieveable that the Jets might trade up with Miami to get Cutler if he is there and it is known Minnesota would like to get him at 17. I want this trade to occur unless a top 10 guy falls (other than Cutler). I would not be shocked to see Saban take Culter and forget about Harrington. But I think Miami will attemtp to get a veteran. I saw a recent assessment of Miami's needs on NFL.com, and they listed wr, ol, and cb. I think a lot of folks are thinking in this manner. I really do believe that the guys on this board have a better picture of what Miami wants than most of the "experts" out there, such as Kiper. Any expert out there that lists nt and lb may be more in line with how Miami is viewing the draft.

Lee2000

Lee2000 said:
Using their second 1st round pick, among other picks, to get Jay Cutler. Those rumors have been tied to Baltimore among other teams, so it is not unbelieveable that the Jets might trade up with Miami to get Cutler if he is there and it is known Minnesota would like to get him at 17. I want this trade to occur unless a top 10 guy falls (other than Cutler). I would not be shocked to see Saban take Culter and forget about Harrington. But I think Miami will attemtp to get a veteran. I saw a recent assessment of Miami's needs on NFL.com, and they listed wr, ol, and cb. I think a lot of folks are thinking in this manner. I really do believe that the guys on this board have a better picture of what Miami wants than most of the "experts" out there, such as Kiper. Any expert out there that lists nt and lb may be more in line with how Miami is viewing the draft.

Lee2000
The Jets and the Vikings.They both think Cutler will be there at #16.

elite14eva said:
cutler won't make it pass the rams.
Well then let the Vikings give us thier #17 and a third round pick for our #16.Then trade our #17 with the Jets for Thier #29 and TWO more picks.

this is assuming cutler falls....it could easily go young to tenn, leinart to jets, and cutler to oakland instead of the recent..leinart to tenn young to oakland and cutler dropping to us. IF cutler doesnt fall, we still have leverage b/c teams like the chargers and giants might be willing to trade up for chad jackson or holmes if they are there. the chargers need a wr first round desperately b/c rivers only options are gates and LT (mccardel doesnt count) there wrs are crap. if we trade down to pick 17-23 we will still have our pick of lawson, greenway. ALL TEH CORNERBACKS AND SAFETIES AFTER HUFF ARE RANKED THE SAME!!! allen, cromartie, williams , hill, whitner they are all ranked the same so if we trade down to late 1st some of them will def be there

Look i see it like this
Bush
Williams
Young
DBrickashaw
Aj Hawk-GB
Vernon Davis-SF
Matt Leinhart-OAK
WInston Justice-Buff
Michael Huff-DET
Haloti Ngata-Car
Jay Cutler-STL
Brodrick Bunkley-Baltimore
Chad Greenway-Phi
CHad Jackson-Denver
Manny lawson/sanantonio holmes
Trade with Jets Kameron WImbley for their 29th and 36 picks
Donte Whitner-DALLAS
whoever the fins dont take with their first-SD Sanantonio/Manny
Jimmy WIlliams-KC
Bobby Carpenter-NE
Dengelo Williams- Denver
sinorice Moss- TB
Tye Hill- Cin
Nick Mangold-NYG
Jonathan Joseph-Chicago
Lawerence Maroney- Carolina
Thomas Howard- Jax
Demeco Ryans-Minn
Lendale white-Ind
Jason Alllen-Seattle
Tamba Hali- pittsbrgh

Finascious D said:
Here's how it will work:
Let's assume, Leinhart & Young are taken in the first 3 picks. The Jets, picking 4th, will not spend that on Cutler. They'd rather spend it on D'Brick or Mario (or a punter, it is the Jets after all). Let's also assume Cutler makes it to our pick 16, we are sitting pretty. This is the point we play the Jets against the Vikings. The Jets will know that Cutler won't make it past the Vikings, so they might be willing to trade with us. The Vikings know the Jets would be willing to trade with us, which would make them willing to trade as well. Either way, if Cutler makes it us, its conceivable that those two teams will be falling over themselves to outdeal each other for our pick. Truly excellent.
NO shot Cutler falls to 16. NONE. Arizona is said to be leaning toward taking him at 10, and if for some reason they don't, ST.Louis will at 11. And if for some strange reason they both pass, there are 4 teams after them, that are still picking before Miami, and they all would field offers as well. Miami's best shot at trading down is with Carolina ( if D. Williams is still on the board) Pitt. and Seattle. All three of those teams don't have many holes, therefor not needing as many picks as other teams. If a player they covet is on the board, and they think that player can get them over the hump, then maybe we can work out a deal. K.C. is also possible. They are said to be high on Wimbley,so lets hope he falls. They could settle( not really) on Lawson, but Minnesota could go defense with there pick, so if one of them is gone, K.C. might get nervous and try and move up to secure one of them. This draft is definatly going to be interesting, so lets hope that some unexpected starts to fall and we can do what we all want to do and move down. If not maybe we get someone we didnt expect to be there.

I may eat my words, but I do not want Jackson...

Maybe it is because I am a Georgia graduate (I do like Crowder), but I just don't trust Jackson as a first round pick. He was viewed as no better than a 2nd round pick before the combine. I am not a huge fan of the combine. I just do not want Jackson.

Lee2000

Anthony D. said:
Well then let the Vikings give us thier #17 and a third round pick for our #16.Then trade our #17 with the Jets for Thier #29 and TWO more picks.

If Cutler doesn't make it past the Rams, then the Jets will probably not trade up.

J Tes said:
NO shot Cutler falls to 16. NONE. Arizona is said to be leaning toward taking him at 10, and if for some reason they don't, ST.Louis will at 11. And if for some strange reason they both pass, there are 4 teams after them, that are still picking before Miami, and they all would field offers as well. Miami's best shot at trading down is with Carolina ( if D. Williams is still on the board) Pitt. and Seattle. All three of those teams don't have many holes, therefor not needing as many picks as other teams. If a player they covet is on the board, and they think that player can get them over the hump, then maybe we can work out a deal. K.C. is also possible. They are said to be high on Wimbley,so lets hope he falls. They could settle( not really) on Lawson, but Minnesota could go defense with there pick, so if one of them is gone, K.C. might get nervous and try and move up to secure one of them. This draft is definatly going to be interesting, so lets hope that some unexpected starts to fall and we can do what we all want to do and move down. If not maybe we get someone we didnt expect to be there.

While I agree that the chance of Cutler slipping to 16 isn't very good, I wouldn't go so far as to say there's no chance. Just because there's 4 teams between 11 and us doesn't necessarily mean any of them would want to move down, especially since there's probably a talent drop-off before the #29 pick. And if a team wants to trade up, like the Jets might, they would probably attempt to wait until there's a team (like Minnesota) that may take Cutler. They may like Jay, but it would cost a little more to go to 12 than it would 16, and I don't think they're so infatuated with Cutler that they'd give up more than they had to in order to get him.

Back
Top Bottom