Dolphins talking trade with several teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking trade with several teams

tylerdolphin said:
The Vikes may not trade with us if Cutler is there. They will take the gamble on us passing him up.

Depends if another team is trying to jump in front of them.

I agree to the trand down factor, picking up additional pick, and still getting something good from the 1st round.

derek said:
Depends if another team is trying to jump in front of them.

Exactly. We could even pick Cutler and play a dangerous game of poker in hopes of another team making a deal before their turn comes up on the clock.

In this draft, unless a stud you want falls, you HAVE to trade down. The reason is that so many players are rated so closely together.

Here's how it will work:
Let's assume, Leinhart & Young are taken in the first 3 picks. The Jets, picking 4th, will not spend that on Cutler. They'd rather spend it on D'Brick or Mario (or a punter, it is the Jets after all). Let's also assume Cutler makes it to our pick 16, we are sitting pretty. This is the point we play the Jets against the Vikings. The Jets will know that Cutler won't make it past the Vikings, so they might be willing to trade with us. The Vikings know the Jets would be willing to trade with us, which would make them willing to trade as well. Either way, if Cutler makes it us, its conceivable that those two teams will be falling over themselves to outdeal each other for our pick. Truly excellent.

So.JerseySam said:
According to the draft-pick value chart used universally by NFL teams, the difference between Miami's 16th pick and Minnesota's 17th pick is 50 points. Those 50 points would translate to an exchange of first-round picks and an additional fourth-round draft pick for Miami.
The difference between No. 16 and New York's No. 29 is 360 points, meaning the right to get ahead of Minnesota and take Cutler could potentially cost the Jets that low first-rounder, a third- and a fourth-round pick.
:yeahthat:

#16 = 1 000 pts
#29 + #71 + #103 = 963 Pts

Finascious D said:
Here's how it will work:
Let's assume, Leinhart & Young are taken in the first 3 picks. The Jets, picking 4th, will not spend that on Cutler. They'd rather spend it on D'Brick or Mario (or a punter, it is the Jets after all). Let's also assume Cutler makes it to our pick 16, we are sitting pretty. This is the point we play the Jets against the Vikings. The Jets will know that Cutler won't make it past the Vikings, so they might be willing to trade with us. The Vikings know the Jets would be willing to trade with us, which would make them willing to trade as well. Either way, if Cutler makes it us, its conceivable that those two teams will be falling over themselves to outdeal each other for our pick. Truly excellent.
Exactly how it will work (if both teams are truly interested in him). Both deals work in our favor. As much as I hate trading with the Jets, if we just move down some in the first and get a decent second, why not. two picks in the top 36 versus one at 16. Or a free 3rd for moving down 1 spot.

Yes, unless there is a real steal at 16, trade down with Minnesota (17) so they can get who they want, knowing that we would take him, or with the Jets (29) -- I think in either situation we get 3 picks in exchange - maybe a 4, 5 and a 7!?

Sorry for posting this here and not in the draft board.

tylerdolphin said:
The Vikes may not trade with us if Cutler is there. They will take the gamble on us passing him up.
the way you get by that is we draft Cutler and then force them to trade with us

Any of you Cutler lovers want to play him twice a year after having the opportunity to draft him? Just something to think about.

nick1 said:
the way you get by that is we draft Cutler and then force them to trade with us

Or let them know that another team is also interested in trading with us for him, forcing them to make a move.

matty3054 said:
if we trade down, we lose our shot at Donte Whitner, Chad Greenway, Manny Lawson, Jason Allen...just to mention a few

I SAY NO TO TRADING DOWN!!!

Can anyone explain to me why Whitner is better than say, Greg Blue? What is it that determines that these guys who suddenly moved up some boards are better than others? I think there are plenty of Safeties out there that can do the job just fine. Darnell Bing for one. This draft is deep in CB/S.

fin1 said:
Any of you Cutler lovers want to play him twice a year after having the opportunity to draft him? Just something to think about.

I am only afraid that the Jets take Vince Young. Cutler to me is going to be beatable. His hype will catch up to him.

Back
Top Bottom