Dolphins’ Tannehill ready to be top eight QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Tannehill ready to be top eight QB?

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Not only is Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill fully recovered from his worrisome December knee injury, but he’s better than ever and poised to break into the top 10 in the NFL at his position, says quarterback guru Jeff Christensen, who has been working with him in recent weeks.

“He’s much healthier than you might think,” Christensen said by phone. “He looks good as far as mobility and strength. He's moving very fluidly. He's ahead of where he was last year in terms of everything - understanding, feet positioning, balance. He is doing a much better job of self-correcting.

“His awareness of the feel of a ball being slightly errant, why it was errant, and how efficient the next rep is has gone way, way, up. He's more confident this year.”

Christensen believes Tannehill – who ranked 12th among NFL starting quarterbacks in passer rating at 93.5 last season - is ready to take the next step.

I love Tannehill as our QB, but I could care less about individual accomplishments, statistics, and rankings.

As a teammate if he can help the Dolphins roll out another 10 win season and a playoff birth than all is well and it means far more than any lone achievement.

Dolphins’ Tannehill ready to be top eight QB? That’s what his personal QB coach expec

Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills and Jay Ajayi - all of them are working extremely hard,” Christensen added, noting the presence of others including Leonte Carroo and Rashawn Scott. “Parker looks tremendous. Kenny Stills, you give a guy a nice contract, and he’s working three times harder than he did last year. A lot of credit goes to [receivers coach] Shawn Jefferson and the incredible impact he has had on those kids. Julius Thomas is a tremendous player and really good person.”Tannehill has a strong group of teachers around him in Gase, Christensen and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen (no relation), and Jeff Christensen – whose other pupils include Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins and Tom Savage, among others– appreciates Gase allowing him to be involved.
Tannehill has spoken highly of Jeff Christensen, who worked with him last offseason as well.
“There's a great cohesiveness in the building,” Jeff Christensen said. “You feel it and it’s really cool to see. It's a testament to the group they've got together. There’s a swagger there.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article148196174.html#storylink=cpy

Great article

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article148196174.html

He is ready. Problem is does he have the talent? I will believe it until I see it. Top 10 is a long shot right now.

I love Tannehill as our QB, but I could care less about individual accomplishments, statistics, and rankings.

As a teammate if he can help the Dolphins roll out another 10 win season and a playoff birth than all is well and it means far more than any lone achievement.
post-25723-Lauren-Tannehill-thumbs-up-gif-z1li.gif

I think people will be surprised how Julius Thomas and Anthony Fasano change the dynamics of this offense. I also think our line will be better with more depth as well. I love the fact that everyone is working out together and the player I am most excited to see there is DeVante Parker. This should be the year he explodes as a true #1 WR.

I've talked about this before but play action in the 2 TE set give us equally improved options to run or pass the ball. Fasano's blocking on the edge in addition to a our new LT, who is more athletic and excels getting outside on run downs could really open things up for Ajayi and company. I would like to see more RB screens this year.

When teams crowd the box (and they will), we will get a mismatch on Thomas. Something no one was afraid of last year was our TE's. They made a few plays here and there but no one was game planning around them like they will with Julius. We can also fake them out on occasion and pass to Fasano who had pretty good hands and fearless over the middle. This will be a great play in the red zone.

I fully expect a big jump this year on offense.

Not only is Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill fully recovered from his worrisome December knee injury, but he’s better than ever and poised to break into the top 10 in the NFL at his position, says quarterback guru Jeff Christensen, who has been working with him in recent weeks.

Who was the next QB selected in the 1983 draft after Dan Marino? Jeff Christensen in the 5th round.

He is ready. Problem is does he have the talent? I will believe it until I see it. Top 10 is a long shot right now.

Long shot? Wtf are you talking about? He was top 12 last year!

Two spots difference is a long shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread looks fun! I predict new, insightful, and well-thought debates which the likes this board has never seen!

Back
Top Bottom