Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread

This can be read both ways. Does it mean it's already decided Tua will be inactive or does it mean they are undecided and possibly 3 active QBs. I know I was discussing this with a poster yesterday. I believe we will see 3 active QBs for the first game.

This can be read both ways. Does it mean it's already decided Tua will be inactive or does it mean they are undecided and possibly 3 active QBs. I know I was discussing this with a poster yesterday. I believe we will see 3 active QBs for the first game.

I wouldn’t make Tua inactive, especially early on when winning would be the priority. I tend to believe Tua would find a way to get some points on the board more so than Rosen if it came to Fitz coming out for whatever reason.

With the new 55 man roster on game day was there also an adjustment to number of active players?

Receivers DeVante Parker and Jakeem Grant have missed a week with injuries that aren’t serious, according to a team source.

Flores mentioned teams aren’t required to give injury reports until next Wednesday and “hopefully they’re not on it. Both guys are working hard on a daily basis to get back out there. They’re working to get out there quickly, as soon as possible.”

Flores said cornerback Xavien Howard has “made a lot of progress” in his first week since coming off the COVID-19 and PUP lists.

“He’s looked good out there. He’s fast, quick. Has just got to work on techniques, fundamentals. But he’s looked good. He’s trending in the right direction.”

With the new 55 man roster on game day was there also an adjustment to number of active players?

team rosters increasing from 53 to 55 players. Practice squads will increase from 10 to 12 players in 2020 and to 14 playersin 2022. The game day roster limit increased from 46 players to 48, with a minimum of eight players being offensive linemen.
Duration: September 10, 2020 – January 3, 2021
Start date: January 9, 2021

team rosters increasing from 53 to 55 players. Practice squads will increase from 10 to 12 players in 2020 and to 14 playersin 2022. The game day roster limit increased from 46 players to 48, with a minimum of eight players being offensive linemen.
Thanks. I def have all 3 QBs active with the increase being pulled thru.
I believe there is an exception this year with PS. I read the number was 16 with an increase in vets carried as well. Did you read that too?

couldn’t put it much better. In the back of my head I’ve been hoping that DVP wasn’t just on this limited ride of confidence. I’ve been worried that the next injury would put an end to his hot streak. I’m holding my breath for sure

Its not serious according to all, keeping him out may be cautionary from Flo and Co.

No need to risk it for a guy that doesn't need the reps because the ones he had was dominant

Reactions: A1.
Thanks. I def have all 3 QBs active with the increase being pulled thru.
I believe there is an exception this year with PS. I read the number was 16 with an increase in vets carried as well. Did you read that too?

I actually thought it was 15 for the PS so I’m not really sure, will see if I can find anything else, just wasn’t paying enough attention to it honestly.

lots of nuisances with the new rules- including you can protect 4 players weekly from being poached because of possible COVID outbreak

The 2020 CBA also allowed for the expansion of the practice squad, first from 10 to 12 players during the 2020 season, and then to 14 players beginning in 2022. As a measure to help teams combat roster issues due to the coronavirus, the addendum pertaining to the 2020 season will allow teams to have up to 16 players on their practice squad.

Is there a reason the NFL does this? I mean, why can’t every guy on the roster be active on game day?

Its not serious according to all, keeping him out may be cautionary from Flo and Co.

No need to risk it for a guy that doesn't need the reps because the ones he had was dominant

that’s great to hear. his comeback has just seemed to good to be true, waiting for the fallback. Hope it never comes

Minimum of 8 active on tbe oline. Allows a depth pivot a depth guard and a tackle. Like that

Is there a reason the NFL does this? I mean, why can’t every guy on the roster be active on game day?

well for the OL minimums I’m assuming its an attempt for a team not to gain an advantage by say activating a bunch of DL lets say and keep everyone fresh etc

Back
Top Bottom