Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread

Minimum of 8 active on tbe oline. Allows a depth pivot a depth guard and a tackle. Like that
Jackson, Flowers, TK, Kindley, Hunt, Davis, Deiter and Pankey. Thats my active OL

Jackson, Flowers, TK, Kindley, Hunt, Davis, Deiter and Pankey. Thats my active OL

depends on who they think can play tackle in a pinch. Teams don’t usually move a starting guard for example to tackle in game unless it becomes emergency situation. That’s putting a lot on a guys plate especially if it was a rookie like hunt for example

So I’d prefer they activate another tackle option unless they plan to kick davis/hunt out there if need be.

this is assuming hunts not the starting right tackle which he could be. In that scenario davis is probably the 3rd option

i don’t know much about pankey so I don’t really have a take on that

kindley I’m sure will be active if not a starter

team rosters increasing from 53 to 55 players. Practice squads will increase from 10 to 12 players in 2020 and to 14 playersin 2022. The game day roster limit increased from 46 players to 48, with a minimum of eight players being offensive linemen.
Duration: September 10, 2020 – January 3, 2021
Start date: January 9, 2021
Teams can now carry up to 16 players. There was already set to be a bump from the traditional 10 to 12 this year, but the NFL and NFLPA agreed to raise the limit to 16 for the COVID-19 impact

well for the OL minimums I’m assuming its an attempt for a team not to gain an advantage by say activating a bunch of DL lets say and keep everyone fresh etc
I was referring to the fact that rosters have 55 players but only 48 can be active on game day. Why can’t all 55 be active? Why does a coach have to choose a few guys each week to be inactive? Just curious.

They’re aware Brady isn’t in NE right?

Ya but if you look at the Week 1 slate of games for CBS there isn't a lot to choose from as far as what games are worthy for the #1 announcing team. The only other game I could see them possibly doing would be the Browns at the Ravens. That's pretty much it.

what happened to the rule that your third quarterback could be inactive, but if the other two guys went down he could enter the game as emergency QB?

did they do away with that?

I was referring to the fact that rosters have 55 players but only 48 can be active on game day. Why can’t all 55 be active? Why does a coach have to choose a few guys each week to be inactive? Just curious.

Most teams have a number of injured players each week, and forcing teams to keep seven guys inactive levels the playing field, so to speak. Otherwise, one team might have 52 or 53 players healthy/active, and the other may only have 46 or 47. That would not be fair.

Romo & Chris Webber.

Both underachieved big time as players but are excellent in the booth.
I like Romo, but Weber never STFU and is not insightful. I cringe whenever I hear him or Mark Jackson are announcing the game I'm about to watch.

Apparently I needed to get that out. Thanks for listening. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom