Dolphins = The new circus! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins = The new circus!

we have relevancy to show for it, something you guys haven't had since Shula was your coach.

That relevancy translated to 8-8, and 6-10. Got the GM and half the coaching staff fired.

That relevancy translated to 8-8, and 6-10. Got the GM and half the coaching staff fired.

and still one of the most talked about teams in the league, it took a scandal this week to get anyone to notice Miami.

Just for a short time...the jets have been a circus for years:rolleyes2:

Hold onto your cliché for as long as you want, fact is, the Dolphins are the ones that are on the hot seat right now, not the Jets.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

I forgot how quickly the Jets move on from their past. Just like those AFC Championship game losses that we never heard about the year after. :lol:

1 game ahead having played 1 more game. :hclap: There is a lot of football still left to play. We will see how the team responds to this.

Took less than a year, remember, this was a rebuild season for us. Whats the Dolphins excuse?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

And look where we stand now, better than expected.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Took less than a year, remember, this was a rebuild season for us. Whats the Dolphins excuse?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

And look where we stand now, better than expected.

Took less than a year for what? To be 1 game ahead of the Dolphins with 1 more game played? To be 1 game above .500? There is still a lot of football left to play.

The same Bart Scott that threatened to beat the "blank" out of a reporter? The same one that had to be held back from doing so? The same Bart Scott that threatened his own teammates if they talked to the media? :lol2:

http://www.ngngsports.com/2012/09/reporter-takes-a-photo-of-bart-scott-walking-with-a-female-reporter-bart-scott-threatens-to-slap-the-sht-out-of-reporter.html

[url]http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/11/bart-scott-threatens-jets-players-who-talk-to-the-media-after-win/

[/URL]

The same Bart Scott that was respected in every locker room he's been in. Nobody's ever had a bad thing to say about Bart...

You might not like him but I know one thing, he's not sending his right tackle text messages saying he wants to sh"t in his mouth.

Doesn't matter what you think of the guy. The point is he was spot on with everything he said. Dolphins have no leadership.

Yep. And just like Miami have nothing to show for it.

Well, more to show for it then you do. No Super Bowl.

But.....Playoffs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No playoffs.

You can say you dont care about making the playoffs all you want, it's about a Super Bowl and nothing else. But everyone knows making the playoffs has meaning and there are plenty of people who would kill for their team to just be able to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round instead of going 6-10, 7-9, maybe 8-8 and being irrelevant.

You can say you dont care about making the playoffs all you want, it's about a Super Bowl and nothing else. But everyone knows making the playoffs has meaning and there are plenty of people who would kill for their team to just be able to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round instead of going 6-10, 7-9, maybe 8-8 and being irrelevant.

But that's just it. All the Jets have to show for it is post season stats. Whoopie-****. Same would be said if Miami and the Jets positions were flipped. You guys would be telling us the exact same thing.

In the grand scheme of things no one gives two **** about teams that have only playoff appearances. People only care about those teams that can win championships.

The only good thing about playoff appearances without any type of trophy or ring is for fans like us to have pissing contest with. And those don't impress me. And again, you'd be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Took less than a year for what? To be 1 game ahead of the Dolphins with 1 more game played? To be 1 game above .500? There is still a lot of football left to play.

You guys were suppose to be far and away better then us this year according to analysts and people on this board.

Jets have been playing the underdog role all year, and have played it extremely well.

They don't have locker room cancers like Richie Incognito, and if they do get one, they'll deal with him. Once again I revert back to the Bart Scott interview where he talks about having character guys in a locker room like the Jets have who would have taken care of a guy like Richie Incognito long ago if he was pulling that crap. He also talks about how the Dolphins use to have those type of guys as well, but not anymore. Instead the Dolphins have guys like Jared Odrik who might not bully and torment a guy like Martin directly but take twit pics bragging about having him or some other rookie pay $30,000 so he can eat....

But that's just it. All the Jets have to show for it is post season stats. Whoopie-****. Same would be said if Miami and the Jets positions were flipped. You guys would be telling us the exact same thing.

In the grand scheme of things no one gives two **** about teams that have only playoff appearances. People only care about those teams that can win championships.

The only good thing about playoff appearances without any type of trophy or ring is for fans like us to have pissing contest with. And those don't impress me. And again, you'd be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Of course I would probably be saying the exact same thing, but to be really honest if you guys had the seasons the Jets had in 09 and 10 some of it would come from being a little jealous that you guys were very close to making a Super Bowl and I didn't even have a chance. Maybe not all of it, but it least a tiny bit. And there is nothing wrong with that, it's normal. If I had to watch the Dolphins play the Broncos in the AFC title game this year i'd be annoyed.

Do you know how annoyed I was when you guys won the division in 2008 (something the Jets havent done in over 10 years)? With my own QB nonetheless? I felt better after watching the Ravens beat you in the playoffs, but I was still a little jealous that you got to play post season football and I didn't. It least you guys had a shot at a SB.

IDK, I mean I don't think making the playoffs is this grand thing that should be celebrated, but I do think it's an accomplishment. It might be a minor one but it mean something nonetheless.

The same Bart Scott that was respected in every locker room he's been in. Nobody's ever had a bad thing to say about Bart...

You might not like him but I know one thing, he's not sending his right tackle text messages saying he wants to sh"t in his mouth.

Doesn't matter what you think of the guy. The point is he was spot on with everything he said. Dolphins have no leadership.

Incognito was respected in the Dolphins locker room. So what? I'm sure I could find people who have bad things to say about Bart Scott. Scott wasn't sending text messages. He was threatening to beat the "Blank" out of a reporter and threatening teammates who talked to the media. Comparing Jets fans to kids who got picked last in dodge ball. The point is, Bart Scott isn't one to talk.

The key word is "Their" team. I would love for my team to make the playoffs but I don't expect Jets fans or fans of any other team to care if we don't make it to the Super Bowl. Unless you make it to the Super Bowl, no one else cares other than the fans of "Their" team.

You guys were suppose to be far and away better then us this year according to analysts and people on this board.

Jets have been playing the underdog role all year, and have played it extremely well.

They don't have locker room cancers like Richie Incognito, and if they do get one, they'll deal with him. Once again I revert back to the Bart Scott interview where he talks about having character guys in a locker room like the Jets have who would have taken care of a guy like Richie Incognito long ago if he was pulling that crap. He also talks about how the Dolphins use to have those type of guys as well, but not anymore. Instead the Dolphins have guys like Jared Odrik who might not bully and torment a guy like Martin directly but take twit pics bragging about having him or some other rookie pay $30,000 so he can eat....

The Jets were supposed to be far and away better than the Dolphins last year. Who cares? Both teams weren't very good. The Jets have exceeded expectations so far this year. There is still a lot of football left to play.

The Dolphins didn't deal with Incognito? I thought he got suspended indefinitely, and we don't even know everything yet. The Jets don't have locker room cancers? How would you know? What do you call Holmes when he had to be held back from fighting teammates during a game in 2011? What do you call it when he throws his O-line and OC under the bus in press conferences. What do you call it when Bart Scott threatened teammates if they talked to the media? It is hilarious to hear Bart Scott talk about character guys.

Bart Scott doesn't know what kind of character guys are in the Dolphins locker room anymore than you do. We don't know the full story. All we have is a transcript of a voice message in which Incognito said inappropriate things. He got suspended. You don't know what was going on in the locker room, so how do you know there were things going on that character guys should have put a stop to? We need to find out more before making those judgments.

Of course I would probably be saying the exact same thing, but to be really honest if you guys had the seasons the Jets had in 09 and 10 some of it would come from being a little jealous that you guys were very close to making a Super Bowl and I didn't even have a chance. Maybe not all of it, but it least a tiny bit. And there is nothing wrong with that, it's normal. If I had to watch the Dolphins play the Broncos in the AFC title game this year i'd be annoyed.

Do you know how annoyed I was when you guys won the division in 2008 (something the Jets havent done in over 10 years)? With my own QB nonetheless? I felt better after watching the Ravens beat you in the playoffs, but I was still a little jealous that you got to play post season football and I didn't. It least you guys had a shot at a SB.

IDK, I mean I don't think making the playoffs is this grand thing that should be celebrated, but I do think it's an accomplishment. It might be a minor one but it mean something nonetheless.

See? At least you are level headed about it. Some around here, give you one guess, celebrate those playoff appearances like they are Super Bowl wins.

As much as I hate your team, I am glad when more of you guys surface. It's refreshing having debates with other Jets fans other than our resident troll. At least some of you can see reason. Or at the very least agree on certain points.

Incognito was respected in the Dolphins locker room. So what? I'm sure I could find people who have bad things to say about Bart Scott. Scott wasn't sending text messages. He was threatening to beat the "Blank" out of a reporter and threatening teammates who talked to the media. Comparing Jets fans to kids who got picked last in dodge ball. The point is, Bart Scott isn't one to talk.

Threatening someone in the heat of the moment is a lot different then sending brutal text messages and extorting people out of thousands of dollars. That stuff is premeditated. Bart could have had a bad game, a bad day, who knows. That stuff happens. And even if you don't respect Bart Scott, the majority of players, coaches, and GM's who have decided to speak out about this have all said the same thing. I mean, there is an unamed Dolphins rookie who said he's basically gone broke after being forced to pay for veteran players...

The key word is "Their" team. I would love for my team to make the playoffs but I don't expect Jets fans or fans of any other team to care if we don't make it to the Super Bowl. Unless you make it to the Super Bowl, no one else cares other than the fans of "Their" team.

Fair enough

The Jets were supposed to be far and away better than the Dolphins last year. Who cares? Both teams weren't very good. The Jets have exceeded expectations so far this year. There is still a lot of football left to play.

Once again I agree. Jets have far exceeded most peoples predictions for them this year. Only point i'm making is that the Dolphins have gone out and spent a lot of money and probably did it unwisely. Guys like Wallace and Ellerbe were poor signings in my opinion. They spent big bucks on a glorified deep threat and a guy who was coming off a solid 8 game stretch last year that resulted in a Super Bowl win.

The Dolphins didn't deal with Incognito? I thought he got suspended indefinitely, and we don't even know everything yet. The Jets don't have locker room cancers? How would you know? What do you call Holmes when he had to be held back from fighting teammates during a game in 2011? What do you call it when he throws his O-line and OC under the bus in press conferences. What do you call it when Bart Scott threatened teammates if they talked to the media? It is hilarious to hear Bart Scott talk about character guys.

Bart Scott doesn't know what kind of character guys are in the Dolphins locker room anymore than you do. We don't know the full story. All we have is a transcript of a voice message in which Incognito said inappropriate things. He got suspended. You don't know what was going on in the locker room, so how do you know there were things going on that character guys should have put a stop to? We need to find out more before making those judgments.

Obviously i'm talking about the players dealing with it in the locker room before it got this far. The Dolphins HAD to suspend him once the story broke. They would have looked like idiots had they not. If the Dolphins suspended him before anything came out they would look a lot better. Or if somebody in that locker room stepped up and told Incognito to knock it off there wouldnt even be an issue. They let it get to this point.

The NFL is like a brotherhood, Bart might not know every person in the Dolphins locker room but I bet he knows some. And he knows the type of person Incognito is.

See? At least you are level headed about it. Some around here, give you one guess, celebrate those playoff appearances like they are Super Bowl wins.

As much as I hate your team, I am glad when more of you guys surface. It's refreshing having debates with other Jets fans other than our resident troll. At least some of you can see reason. Or at the very least agree on certain points.

You cant fault him for being passionate, I too enjoy talking with most of you.

Back
Top Bottom