Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The team will also have to figure out what to do with its backup quarterback situation. Garrard should be back in a few weeks, as expected, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Moore, who has looked solid for spells with Carolina and the Dolphins, would have more trade value of the two (Arizona could be a candidate in that instance, other general managers have suggested to me).
So it seems to make more sense to keep Garrard, given the youth of the starter, and see what Moore could fetch. The reality is the next few years belong solely to Tannehill now. After striking out on big-name coaches and big-name quarterbacks, Miami will try to develop them both the old fashion way. It could mean more days of empty stadiums and unsightly football ahead, in the near term, but at least now there is a reason to believe that might be changing over time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...re-rough-but-they-now-have-qb-to-build-around

Moore for Early Doucet make it happen and I'm happy. Getting James Jones for a mid round pick would be a bonus. Bess, Doucet, Jones, Gates and Hartline would be a solid rotation

Dump old shyster Crackback Garrard - who lacks motivation and is a hit away from back traction.

I don't see the Cards doing that. I believe Moore is a better backup than Kolb, by a longshot, but they are not going to trade more picks away for another backup QB and let the one they invested heavily in sit on the bench. They will give Kolb one more year and draft a QB next year.

If Miami wants a draft pick, Moore is the only one that has value. No team is going to trade for David Garrard seeing that he missed all of last year with a back injury and is currently out following knee surgery. It all comes down really to what they think of Pat Devlin. If they want to keep Devlin they probably have to keep him on the 53 because I think a QB desperate team might pick him up if they release him. It would be dangerous to assume they could stash him on the practice squad again this year.

So, if they want Devlin on the 53, the choice is probably trading Moore for a 5th or 6th round pick and keeping Garrard. Or they cut Garrard and keep Moore. In the end though, both Garrard and Moore are not under contract in 2013, so any decision probably only has an impact on this year's team depth wise.

They better not waste a roster spot on Devlin. We got our QB of the future and two solid backups. Devlin goes to PS. If he gets picked up, **** it. he's a 3rd stringer at best.

Dont see why Arizona would trade for Moore unless they are cutting Kolb. I do believe he has some trade value to some teams just not much. I think we could possibly get a fifth though I like the Doucet idea although I doubt the cards would do it. Maybe Indy would like him as a backup.

Dont see why Arizona would trade for Moore unless they are cutting Kolb. I do believe he has some trade value to some teams just not much. I think we could possibly get a fifth though I like the Doucet idea although I doubt the cards would do it. Maybe Indy would like him as a backup.
Agreed. I don't think they would trade for Moore and keep kolb.

This team never ceases to amaze me... let's get rid of the best playmake on offense... what a mother f_n joke

Moore feels like he deserved more than what he got from Miami . . .if you can get something for him you make the trade as I doubt he resigns here knowing Ryan Tannehill is the future.

I think Matt Moore is the idea backup QB and if you traded a 5th for Thigpen a few years ago, you can get atleast that for Matt Moore.

They better not waste a roster spot on Devlin. We got our QB of the future and two solid backups. Devlin goes to PS. If he gets picked up, **** it. he's a 3rd stringer at best.

In this offense he could prove to be a pretty solid backup QB over time. We certainly don't have 2 solid backups when both guys are on 1 year deals . . . and one of them coming off another injury.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

This team never ceases to amaze me... let's get rid of the best playmake on offense... what a mother f_n joke

Yea . . . headache or not, Brandon Marshall makes this a better football team.

Back
Top Bottom