Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Aug 25, 2012.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...re-rough-but-they-now-have-qb-to-build-around

2. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

Moore for Early Doucet make it happen and I'm happy. Getting James Jones for a mid round pick would be a bonus. Bess, Doucet, Jones, Gates and Hartline would be a solid rotation

3. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Dump old shyster Crackback Garrard - who lacks motivation and is a hit away from back traction.

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't see the Cards doing that. I believe Moore is a better backup than Kolb, by a longshot, but they are not going to trade more picks away for another backup QB and let the one they invested heavily in sit on the bench. They will give Kolb one more year and draft a QB next year.

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

If Miami wants a draft pick, Moore is the only one that has value. No team is going to trade for David Garrard seeing that he missed all of last year with a back injury and is currently out following knee surgery. It all comes down really to what they think of Pat Devlin. If they want to keep Devlin they probably have to keep him on the 53 because I think a QB desperate team might pick him up if they release him. It would be dangerous to assume they could stash him on the practice squad again this year.

So, if they want Devlin on the 53, the choice is probably trading Moore for a 5th or 6th round pick and keeping Garrard. Or they cut Garrard and keep Moore. In the end though, both Garrard and Moore are not under contract in 2013, so any decision probably only has an impact on this year's team depth wise.

6. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

Wow an interesting thread where the sky isn't falling.

7. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

They better not waste a roster spot on Devlin. We got our QB of the future and two solid backups. Devlin goes to PS. If he gets picked up, **** it. he's a 3rd stringer at best.

8. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Dont see why Arizona would trade for Moore unless they are cutting Kolb. I do believe he has some trade value to some teams just not much. I think we could possibly get a fifth though I like the Doucet idea although I doubt the cards would do it. Maybe Indy would like him as a backup.

9. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

Agreed. I don't think they would trade for Moore and keep kolb.

10. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

This team never ceases to amaze me... let's get rid of the best playmake on offense... what a mother f_n joke

11. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

What plays has Moore made this year

12. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I... really don't mean to be a jerkoff, but...

... we have playmakers on offense?

13. BringBackBerlin

BringBackBerlin Well-Known Member

Where in that article does it say we are getting rid of Reggie?

14. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Moore feels like he deserved more than what he got from Miami . . .if you can get something for him you make the trade as I doubt he resigns here knowing Ryan Tannehill is the future.

I think Matt Moore is the idea backup QB and if you traded a 5th for Thigpen a few years ago, you can get atleast that for Matt Moore.

15. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

In this offense he could prove to be a pretty solid backup QB over time. We certainly don't have 2 solid backups when both guys are on 1 year deals . . . and one of them coming off another injury.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Yea . . . headache or not, Brandon Marshall makes this a better football team.

16. IluvJuMiami

IluvJuMiami Banned Hammered

His name is Reggie Bush.

I wasn't too excited about our aquisition of Bush as a number 1 back and now I'm flabberghasted that most on here have forgotten the season he had.

Annnnnyyyywwaaayyy, Moore should be starting with Gerrard as the back-up and Tannehill learning, waiting for an actual offense to lead to success. But "we" want it now so trade Moore if you can get even a decent #2 WR for him. Start Tannehill. The vet backs us for a 911.

Trading Moore for anything less than a 2 pick is not worth it at this point and any draft pick for Moore is a waste if Ireland is going to be here next year.

17. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Why should Moore start he has done nothing to take the position this offseason and preseason. Moore will not fetch a number 2 receiver and his value is no where near a damn second round pick.
    From the look of things this offense will be no better with Moore than Tannehill so what is his value as our starter

18. IluvJuMiami

Pat Devlin should have started against Atlanta. He looked extremely sharp against the Bucs. Worst case- he would have been terrible and the wheels would have fallen off of our Super Bowl caliber wagon of a team. Best case- trade bait.

19. Nublar7

Since when is Matt Moore the best playmaker on the offense? He isn't even the best quarterback on the roster right now.

20. Pelorus Jack

Pelorus Jack Well-Known Member

It sure blows to be mediocre.....

21. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

They are not trading Dan Carpenter.

22. IluvJuMiami

What did you expect him to do in practic? "Practice Where talking about practice?" We saw lat year that the guy is clearly capable of having success.

You'd rather Garrard start? Me too, after taking in all of the hype from the show. Why not? Wouldn't hurt. Not any of us anyway. But is seems as if it might kill David. The guy tweaked his knee turning to see his children. We'll be lucky to have him survive a sneeze and at this point it's sad to say that we may need him not to in order to at the very least get the only enjoyable entertainment we'll have all season long- Hardknocks.

You want the rookie to start? Okay. That's worked out well lately. No, historically, most guys who are thrown into the fire don't burn. And lets not forget he'll have the support of a very talented offense around him... thrown into the fire is an understatemnet with this squad.

Exactly- Moore won't fetch a 2. So what the hell is the point of trading him for anything less right now? You seen Jonathan Martin block latley? We may need all 4 QBs on the roster to make sure we get through the seaon with a healthy QB at the helm.

23. Nublar7

Devlin is going to be a much tougher decision than people think in my opinion. He isn't great or anything like that, but he has shown big improvement this camp and preseason compared to where he was last year as a rookie. In a perfect world you cut him and stick him on the practice squad this season and roll with Tannehill, Moore and Garrard on the 53.

Though looking at 2013 and beyond, besides obviously Tannehill, Devlin is the one quarterback that has potential value for this team. Moore and Garrard are free agents after this season and more likely than not neither one of them will be re-signed. If Moore is still here at the end of the season and he is willing to re-sign as a backup he might be back. But odds are he will want a chance to compete for a starting job and he will go elsewhere. Garrard might not even be here next Saturday, let alone in 2013 and beyond. Devlin is just months older than Tannehill and if he continues to improve he really does have a shot at becoming a #2 in this league down the road. Again, I am not getting caught up in Devlinmania of anything like that, I am just looking at the QB position long term and I think Devlin potentially has a future as a long term backup.

Personally what I would love to see going into 2013 is that Tannehill has established himself as a NFL starting quarterback, Devlin continues to improve to become a #2 and the Dolphins fill the #3 spot with a 5th or 6th round pick next April. #2 for Devlin in 2013 might be jumping the gun, but I think he definitely has shown enough to at least be considered a #3 at this point in time.

24. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

I would much rather cut Garrard, sign Tavaras Jackson or an equivalent talent to a one year deal as a back up to Tannehill, then trade Moore. I am thinking Devlin will be the long term back up to Tannehill.

25. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

moore has been up and down his whole career. Yes he played well last year in a completely different offense. Moore has had just as much chance as anybody and they chose Tannehill . At worst tannehill has played the same as Moore so why start a vet that cant outplay a damned rookie

26. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

Where did it say we're trading Reggie Bush or Dan Carpenter?

27. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

The ideal trade would be Moore for James Jones of the Packers. Packers need a backup to Rodgers & the Dolphins are screaming for WR help.

28. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Please don't trade Moore for draft picks. That idiot Ireland will just draft more garbage.

29. Ironside

Ironside Active Member

Because they are sort of into the Marlins mode right now.

Stock up for the future because the present seems pretty bleak regardless.

If we keep Moore, we win a few extra games but still end up with a crap record, out of the playoffs and he's gone next season anyway.

At least a trade means we get something other than a few extra wins that don't mean a damn thing in the end. This isn't a post advocating tanking a season. All I am saying is that keeping Moore at this point is a luxury that would only slightly band-aid this season but you'd end up with the same overall team result. See last season as an example.

30. iwastherein72

iwastherein72 Well-Known Member

More than david garrbage has.

31. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in the League last season, even though he played on an inept and piss-poor team, whose "vaunted D" couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" football team when it counted, and whose HC was totally unready, and whose RT and RG were named COLUMBO and CAREY!!! He has a LOT of trade value: trading him for a 5th or 6th is something that I would expect from an idiot, NOT a legit GM. It's a 2nd, or forget it.

If MOORE can't get a fair chance in MIAMI, he surely will get it elsewhere in 2013, when he's a F/A. And it'll be for a lot more money. And MOORE has all the "leverage" in any trade. All he has to do is decline to sign any kind of contract extension, and the "deal" is dead: no one'll pay squat for a 1 season long "QB rental". So there better be a GUARANTEE that he will start at QB...AND LOTS OF MONEY!!!

32. reno

reno Rookie

moore for jones and a pick because qb are hard to fine

33. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

Oh so now it's Moore AND a pick? Come on now. Be realistic.

34. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Trading Moore is stupid. Need him to backup Tannehill, rather him than Garrard. Now if Arizona wants Garrard :)

35. IluvJuMiami

Define contradicton.

Since when is a healthy back-up QB with the ability to win a luxury? Or any good player for that matter?

Let's, at the very least, allow the opportunity for desperatrion for a starting QB before fishing Moore. If you're telling me a second day pick is more valuable to us than Moore 2 weeks before the start of the regular season, i'm telling you plain and simple- you are wrong.

36. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

I am amused at this thread. Tannehill played lousy against atlanta. When the regular season starts and we lose the first few games some will be calling for moore. Obviously ireland wants him gone before the season to prevent any controversy. Garrard is old and broken down..there is no reason to keep him. Apart from the fumbles statisticly moore and rt both suck..at least moore has a reason..the coaches stacked the deck for rt h

37. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

Nothing this year, im not afraid to admit it, but dont forget about what he did last year. he saved our asses from potentially going 0-16. now some say that would be a save, but others would say he screwed us because now we dont have andrew luck or rg III. Moore has proved himself last year and for this staff not tostart him... especially when the team has all the repect for him... im not sure if their making the right decision. as a coaching staff, you have to stickby your qb who saved us from total embarrasement. when moore came in lst year, the whole damn team got better. how can you not repect that????? You seen it in game three, tanne can only make so many perfect throws, while allthe receivers drop the ball. its gonna kill his confidence and mentality to get the ball in there. not that it wouldnt kill moores but he can deal with it btter than tanne will i thhink. so moore and bush are the only proven play makers on this offense. Well, gott give bess a shot out too,he can handle his business also...

38. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

d locks i dont unerstand you bro??? why shouldnt he start? he only won us 6 games lst year and proved his damn spot on this roster. is gerrard better than him? old *** man with an old broke *** nack who s head really aint in the game because he seems just fine collecting money from us without playing... is tanne? you seen tanne in game three didnt you??? why would you want to throw inexperience in rather than experience even if the talent level is almost the same? moore has been trough this **** before and knows hw to handle it waaaay better. throwing tanne out there is just like throwing fish guts to sharks... and just like what we did to joh beck and look how that turned out. he wasnt the best but look at how much better beck looked in his qb compition in washinton than he did his whole time here. let the kid learn for a year... give him a better receivingcore who can actually catch his good throws...

39. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I saw Moore play exactly the same in game three , so for all his experience he didnt handle anything better and fumbled the ball more. I dont get how you see Moore handling anything better than Tannehill at this point. Beck and Tannehill are two totally different stories, beck made a living throwing to his running backs in a spread offense in college and people overrated him, hell is is a year or so away from retirement or cfl. Neither Moore or Tannehill are gonna do great this year but sitting back watching moore struggle is gonna gain Tannehill nothing. what Moore did last year for a different staff and a different system are immaterial. This is a new staff and a new system and the people that watch them practice and play everyday basically have Moore as our third best qb, Moore has not proved them wrong in preseason so what do you want them to do just feel secure in his stats from last year in a totally different system. They have shown they have no confidence in Moore as the starter and all reports had garrard out performing him so that doesnt say much for Moore here. If a rookie can get you basically the same results as a vet that will be gone in a year why would you throw away a year of experience for no reason.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

well thats easy when u dont play. You act like Moore has never been hurt, he was out like a month with a concussion before

40. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

<Quote dlockz>"I saw Moore play exactly the same in game three , so for all his experience he didnt handle anything better and fumbled the ball more. I dont get how you see Moore handling anything better than Tannehill at this point. Beck and Tannehill are two totally different stories, beck made a living throwing to his running backs in a spread offense in college and people overrated him, hell is is a year or so away from retirement or cfl. Neither Moore or Tannehill are gonna do great this year but sitting back watching moore struggle is gonna gain Tannehill nothing. what Moore did last year for a different staff and a different system are immaterial. This is a new staff and a new system and the people that watch them practice and play everyday basically have Moore as our third best qb, Moore has not proved them wrong in preseason so what do you want them to do just feel secure in his stats from last year in a totally different system. They have shown they have no confidence in Moore as the starter and all reports had garrard out performing him so that doesnt say much for Moore here. If a rookie can get you basically the same results as a vet that will be gone in a year why would you throw away a year of experience for no reason." </Quote?>

just to be clear im not saying moore is the long term answer. but he is the right now answer. both are making good plays and both are making bonehead plays. i know the one thing we can agree on is the receivers not catching the damn ball. so were making almost the same argument... what has either of them done this year so far in preseason???? they've done what the receivers have dictated. so the match is pretty much even. But in this situation, especially when everyone knew tanne was drafted with the expectations of sitting for the first year and learning, and moore with the up most respect from his team and a solid year last year, you start the man that has already made his name with the team and let the kid learn. it would be a different story if the talent level was blatantly obvious... and tanne does look good for sure, but as of now the talent level is not blatantly obvious and honestly... from what ive seen with each qb with the first team... i say moore has the edge on tanne slightly. remember, tanne only looked real good against the second and third teams. lets look at it in the middle of the year, if im wrong, ill admit it but right now i say the man should be moore and he should not be traded for anything. say tanne goes down... you want gerrard to play, or devlin? do you like gerrard more than moore? why trade anyway, is ireland going to make good draft picks? we know that isnt happening. he'll probably try to make up for the garbage rt he drafted in martin.