Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore

MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in the League last season, even though he played on an inept and piss-poor team, whose "vaunted D" couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" football team when it counted, and whose HC was totally unready, and whose RT and RG were named COLUMBO and CAREY!!! He has a LOT of trade value: trading him for a 5th or 6th is something that I would expect from an idiot, NOT a legit GM. It's a 2nd, or forget it.

If MOORE can't get a fair chance in MIAMI, he surely will get it elsewhere in 2013, when he's a F/A. And it'll be for a lot more money. And MOORE has all the "leverage" in any trade. All he has to do is decline to sign any kind of contract extension, and the "deal" is dead: no one'll pay squat for a 1 season long "QB rental". So there better be a GUARANTEE that he will start at QB...AND LOTS OF MONEY!!!

moore for jones and a pick because qb are hard to fine

Oh so now it's Moore AND a pick? Come on now. Be realistic.

Trading Moore is stupid. Need him to backup Tannehill, rather him than Garrard. Now if Arizona wants Garrard :)

Define contradicton.

Because they are sort of into the Marlins mode right now

This isn't a post advocating tanking a season.

Since when is a healthy back-up QB with the ability to win a luxury? Or any good player for that matter?

Let's, at the very least, allow the opportunity for desperatrion for a starting QB before fishing Moore. If you're telling me a second day pick is more valuable to us than Moore 2 weeks before the start of the regular season, i'm telling you plain and simple- you are wrong.

I am amused at this thread. Tannehill played lousy against atlanta. When the regular season starts and we lose the first few games some will be calling for moore. Obviously ireland wants him gone before the season to prevent any controversy. Garrard is old and broken down..there is no reason to keep him. Apart from the fumbles statisticly moore and rt both suck..at least moore has a reason..the coaches stacked the deck for rt h

What plays has Moore made this year

Nothing this year, im not afraid to admit it, but dont forget about what he did last year. he saved our asses from potentially going 0-16. now some say that would be a save, but others would say he screwed us because now we dont have andrew luck or rg III. Moore has proved himself last year and for this staff not tostart him... especially when the team has all the repect for him... im not sure if their making the right decision. as a coaching staff, you have to stickby your qb who saved us from total embarrasement. when moore came in lst year, the whole damn team got better. how can you not repect that????? You seen it in game three, tanne can only make so many perfect throws, while allthe receivers drop the ball. its gonna kill his confidence and mentality to get the ball in there. not that it wouldnt kill moores but he can deal with it btter than tanne will i thhink. so moore and bush are the only proven play makers on this offense. Well, gott give bess a shot out too,he can handle his business also...

Why should Moore start he has done nothing to take the position this offseason and preseason. Moore will not fetch a number 2 receiver and his value is no where near a damn second round pick.
From the look of things this offense will be no better with Moore than Tannehill so what is his value as our starter

d locks i dont unerstand you bro??? why shouldnt he start? he only won us 6 games lst year and proved his damn spot on this roster. is gerrard better than him? old ass man with an old broke ass nack who s head really aint in the game because he seems just fine collecting money from us without playing... is tanne? you seen tanne in game three didnt you??? why would you want to throw inexperience in rather than experience even if the talent level is almost the same? moore has been trough this **** before and knows hw to handle it waaaay better. throwing tanne out there is just like throwing fish guts to sharks... and just like what we did to joh beck and look how that turned out. he wasnt the best but look at how much better beck looked in his qb compition in washinton than he did his whole time here. let the kid learn for a year... give him a better receivingcore who can actually catch his good throws...

d locks i dont unerstand you bro??? why shouldnt he start? he only won us 6 games lst year and proved his damn spot on this roster. is gerrard better than him? old ass man with an old broke ass nack who s head really aint in the game because he seems just fine collecting money from us without playing... is tanne? you seen tanne in game three didnt you??? why would you want to throw inexperience in rather than experience even if the talent level is almost the same? moore has been trough this **** before and knows hw to handle it waaaay better. throwing tanne out there is just like throwing fish guts to sharks... and just like what we did to joh beck and look how that turned out. he wasnt the best but look at how much better beck looked in his qb compition in washinton than he did his whole time here. let the kid learn for a year... give him a better receivingcore who can actually catch his good throws...

I saw Moore play exactly the same in game three , so for all his experience he didnt handle anything better and fumbled the ball more. I dont get how you see Moore handling anything better than Tannehill at this point. Beck and Tannehill are two totally different stories, beck made a living throwing to his running backs in a spread offense in college and people overrated him, hell is is a year or so away from retirement or cfl. Neither Moore or Tannehill are gonna do great this year but sitting back watching moore struggle is gonna gain Tannehill nothing. what Moore did last year for a different staff and a different system are immaterial. This is a new staff and a new system and the people that watch them practice and play everyday basically have Moore as our third best qb, Moore has not proved them wrong in preseason so what do you want them to do just feel secure in his stats from last year in a totally different system. They have shown they have no confidence in Moore as the starter and all reports had garrard out performing him so that doesnt say much for Moore here. If a rookie can get you basically the same results as a vet that will be gone in a year why would you throw away a year of experience for no reason.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

More than david garrbage has.
well thats easy when u dont play. You act like Moore has never been hurt, he was out like a month with a concussion before

<Quote dlockz>"I saw Moore play exactly the same in game three , so for all his experience he didnt handle anything better and fumbled the ball more. I dont get how you see Moore handling anything better than Tannehill at this point. Beck and Tannehill are two totally different stories, beck made a living throwing to his running backs in a spread offense in college and people overrated him, hell is is a year or so away from retirement or cfl. Neither Moore or Tannehill are gonna do great this year but sitting back watching moore struggle is gonna gain Tannehill nothing. what Moore did last year for a different staff and a different system are immaterial. This is a new staff and a new system and the people that watch them practice and play everyday basically have Moore as our third best qb, Moore has not proved them wrong in preseason so what do you want them to do just feel secure in his stats from last year in a totally different system. They have shown they have no confidence in Moore as the starter and all reports had garrard out performing him so that doesnt say much for Moore here. If a rookie can get you basically the same results as a vet that will be gone in a year why would you throw away a year of experience for no reason." </Quote?>

just to be clear im not saying moore is the long term answer. but he is the right now answer. both are making good plays and both are making bonehead plays. i know the one thing we can agree on is the receivers not catching the damn ball. so were making almost the same argument... what has either of them done this year so far in preseason???? they've done what the receivers have dictated. so the match is pretty much even. But in this situation, especially when everyone knew tanne was drafted with the expectations of sitting for the first year and learning, and moore with the up most respect from his team and a solid year last year, you start the man that has already made his name with the team and let the kid learn. it would be a different story if the talent level was blatantly obvious... and tanne does look good for sure, but as of now the talent level is not blatantly obvious and honestly... from what ive seen with each qb with the first team... i say moore has the edge on tanne slightly. remember, tanne only looked real good against the second and third teams. lets look at it in the middle of the year, if im wrong, ill admit it but right now i say the man should be moore and he should not be traded for anything. say tanne goes down... you want gerrard to play, or devlin? do you like gerrard more than moore? why trade anyway, is ireland going to make good draft picks? we know that isnt happening. he'll probably try to make up for the garbage rt he drafted in martin.

<Quote dlockz>"I saw Moore play exactly the same in game three , so for all his experience he didnt handle anything better and fumbled the ball more. I dont get how you see Moore handling anything better than Tannehill at this point. Beck and Tannehill are two totally different stories, beck made a living throwing to his running backs in a spread offense in college and people overrated him, hell is is a year or so away from retirement or cfl. Neither Moore or Tannehill are gonna do great this year but sitting back watching moore struggle is gonna gain Tannehill nothing. what Moore did last year for a different staff and a different system are immaterial. This is a new staff and a new system and the people that watch them practice and play everyday basically have Moore as our third best qb, Moore has not proved them wrong in preseason so what do you want them to do just feel secure in his stats from last year in a totally different system. They have shown they have no confidence in Moore as the starter and all reports had garrard out performing him so that doesnt say much for Moore here. If a rookie can get you basically the same results as a vet that will be gone in a year why would you throw away a year of experience for no reason." </Quote?>

just to be clear im not saying moore is the long term answer. but he is the right now answer. both are making good plays and both are making bonehead plays. i know the one thing we can agree on is the receivers not catching the damn ball. so were making almost the same argument... what has either of them done this year so far in preseason???? they've done what the receivers have dictated. so the match is pretty much even. But in this situation, especially when everyone knew tanne was drafted with the expectations of sitting for the first year and learning, and moore with the up most respect from his team and a solid year last year, you start the man that has already made his name with the team and let the kid learn. it would be a different story if the talent level was blatantly obvious... and tanne does look good for sure, but as of now the talent level is not blatantly obvious and honestly... from what ive seen with each qb with the first team... i say moore has the edge on tanne slightly. remember, tanne only looked real good against the second and third teams. lets look at it in the middle of the year, if im wrong, ill admit it but right now i say the man should be moore and he should not be traded for anything. say tanne goes down... you want gerrard to play, or devlin? do you like gerrard more than moore? why trade anyway, is ireland going to make good draft picks? we know that isnt happening. he'll probably try to make up for the garbage rt he drafted in martin.

well the coaching staff doesnt agree that Moore has looked better and I quite agree. Moore should be ahead of the rookie and since he is not then he shouldnt start. Hell Moore has like a 45 qb rating for preseason and hasnt played really good in any one game yet. Moore looks alot more like 2010 Moore than 2011 Moore so far although our receivers are not helping either qb. I dont mind if garrard lays since our staff had enough confidence to make him the early number one. So far philben gets my trust until he shows otherwise(hell its Ireland that im not so sure about)

I would rather go with Tanny, Moore, and Devlin. Just not settled on Garrard. After seeing him on water skis in the opening segment of Hardknocks...I have a hard time believing he tweeked his knee watching his son. Dude just coming off back surgery should have something in his contract about taking part in that kind of activity IMO.

well. if this is true, it is typical ireland.

let go our best chance of winning any significant amount of games [and with this squad, 7 wins would be a suprise!] go this year and giving away our only real backup.

the chance of tanny staying on the field longer than week 4-5 are slim. he is a rookie, and besides some of the homers thoughts about him being an instant pro bowl qb, he has a lot of holes in his game right now. all fixable, probably, but none the less, he has holes.

now add in the fact we have a shaky o-line and NO wr's but bess [a slot guy only] and tannys starting job will be short lived, expecially if this line gets him hurt.

so now we go with david "funky fresh" gerrard, the never has, never will be geezer potato chip?

he lasts a half game and out pops devlin [yeah, i know, he is already a pro bowler to].

seeing the picture yet? and we can be down to devlin in a heart beat. its a real reality.

and then all we have to look forward to is what washed up qb's will we bring in off the wire and what we will get for that 6th round pic ireland will cave in for to to get matt moore.

there is 50 ways why this would be a horrific idea.

TRADE THEM JAKE LONG!! look, this team is nowhere this year and i think even the most die hard blindest homer knows that deep in his soul. jake long will NOT be on this team next year. the money he WILL command is astronomical. you can tell he isnt thrilled with the perenial loser he is strapped to right now. he is coming into his prime and there will be several contender teams who will go after him. the one that has the best chance of the superbowl and gets the closest to his money will land him.

SO TRADE HIM TO THE CARDS right now while we can still get something significant out of him rather than wait and get nothing but a wave good by from at seasons end. WE ARE NOT WINNING WITH JAKE LONG RIGHT NOW!! we havnt been. and he is marginal in pass pro and gets beat by the better pass rushers. that is WAY to much money to pay a guy the money he will demand next year for an lt with pass pro issues. and as he ages, it will get worse.

no, jake isnt a bum by any means. but, there are many teams doing a whole lot more with LT's that are not near jakes quality. you have to give to get and some of the fans and jeff ireland expecially, havnt quite figured that out.

plus, the cards WILL be picking top 8 next year, probably top 5. so that makes a jake trade even sweeter.

so, we trade matt moore and get a low pic and create a disasterous problem of no real backup qb or starter if RT gets hurt OR...... trade jake long and get high draft PICS and clear cap space for next year. if there was ANY chance we could make the playoffs this year, i might be a little more hesitant on a jake trade. but he IS GONE next year and we will be looking for an LT anyways so lets get rich off of it now!

well the coaching staff doesnt agree that Moore has looked better and I quite agree. Moore should be ahead of the rookie and since he is not then he shouldnt start. Hell Moore has like a 45 qb rating for preseason and hasnt played really good in any one game yet. Moore looks alot more like 2010 Moore than 2011 Moore so far although our receivers are not helping either qb. I dont mind if garrard lays since our staff had enough confidence to make him the early number one. So far philben gets my trust until he shows otherwise(hell its Ireland that im not so sure about)

except the fact that moore was going against the starters most of camp and tannehill was running 2nd and 3rd squads.

reports also said that when tanny got time against the starters, it wasnt pretty. not at all.

oh, and the fact MM had more td's in camp than tanny.

i like tanny a whole lot and think he has a big future in the nfl. but he is NOT ready to take a team to the playoffs. far from it. and with this team having no wr's and a shaky oline? thats way to much for a 19 game college qb, nfl rookie to handle. matt moore has seen all this and more having been on shaky, crappy teams his whole "career".

THIS WAS A POLITICAL MOVE, one to sell tickets, appease the fans and try to save jobs [ireland and philbins] at years end. as i said, i like tanny and feel he will be a quality qb some day, but he WON nothing. and with the shape this team is in, it could hurt his growth a whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom