Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

We aren't going to see this kid for quite some time.

He will be limited in practice due to the injury so they may not even know yet where they want to use him.

Maualuga might just be worthless at this point, just have to wait and see.

I don't expect to see Anthony active until the Tennessee game.

I agree. And aren't high ankle sprains kind of a nagging injury potentially? It'll take him awhile to get up to speed in our defense. I guess we can hope he is a 2 down player, meant to fill gaps and he's fast at least I guess... maybe we aren't actually getting rid of Timmons, rather moving him to the middle, and anthony is the sam? or maulagua, since he reportedly took his spot on the depth chart. hull becomes the new backup mike. kiko/timmons nickle still

Kiko Alonso part 2. High round draft pick, high tackle count rookie season. Injury plagued sophomore slump. Reportedly dumb as bricks.

Here's an analogy:

Hoops:Stephone Anthony
Sons of Shula:Kiko Alonso

lol that's pretty spot on, very similar situations...only difference being two different teams gave up on Kiko early on and only one for Anthony.....then again we might be team #2 when we ship him off for a 6th next year

New Orleans has ruined better players on defense than Anthony. Kenny Vaccaro comes to mind. Byrd went there and sucked. Keenan Lewis went there and sucked. If you have a guy that needs to be coached up defensively, that's about the last place I'd want a guy to end up. Physically he's as gifted as any LB on the roster, for a 5th rounder in a desperate time I'm more than willing to take that risk. I'm hearing a lot of complaining about the player, and not much in the way of alternatives.

San Diego. He absolutely won that one

Ah, every Kiko supporters trump card, that play was literally the highlight of his career, and he was a key contributor in that game because of his pick six but we had 24 points on the score board, Kiko didn't score those and Rivers still had 1:01 left so we still need a stop. Alonso was a key factor but he didn't win us the game, I could make the argument that he was part of the reason the Chargers scored 24 in the first place.

New Orleans has ruined better players on defense than Anthony. Kenny Vaccaro comes to mind. Byrd went there and sucked. Keenan Lewis went there and sucked. If you have a guy that needs to be coached up defensively, that's about the last place I'd want a guy to end up. Physically he's as gifted as any LB on the roster, for a 5th rounder in a desperate time I'm more than willing to take that risk. I'm hearing a lot of complaining about the player, and not much in the way of alternatives.

Good point. The Saints defense and LB unit has sucked for quite some time. At least we are picking up a former player and haven't done anything stupid like hire a former asst/LB coach from them . . .

Ah ****. Never mind.

156808109.0.jpg

Ironically, whenever someone suggests how to do things differently, they are blasted with Captain Hindsight and pseudo GM slights. Just sayin'.

In Gase We Trust.

My trust will be earned when this team isn't reflective of someone running a fantasy football squad, in being solely QB focused with nifty offensive weapons but with disregard to the O-line and defense.

Back
Top Bottom