Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

Considering what happened in the last 72 hours, coming away with a win on the road and ending up with this guy, I'm satisfied that this team acted decisively.
Timmons isn't going to come to Miami and drop a turd in the living room without consequences.
Welcome to Miami 25y old former 1st round LB. There are two rules here.

Dude, this is the best thing I have read since this happened. I screen shotted this and sent it to all my buddies. Thanks man!

I just want to know what draft pick they gave up. Better not be a high to mid tier pick.

This is a good read. I'd argue that on the 2nd gif he's still late to attack the los despite the stop. The speed there helps mask the late recognition.

Anyways when I studied this player as a collegiate I found his most instinctual play was sniffing out the screen game. He had no Zone cover feel. Gap fill wise his game seems to fit us.

It sounds like the author here doesn't recommend strong but I'd argue that at mike he just doesn't show enough feel for it. I say strong cause he has the ideal size and frame for it and it doesn't require a lot of instincts.

In Timmons we had a guy who was a step ahead of the blockers here we have a guy who outside of run blitzes struggles with the see it part of the game and the position and to adjust on the fly. He's late.

That cover play that he shows is scary for the nickel and I'm sure why he was yanked off it. You can't vacate your assignment zones and you need to have feel for what's going on around you route concept wise and what is behind you and there's no doubt this author provides excellent examples of no clue what's going on behind him.

So is this even really a nickel option or a base mike one more Timmons fill or more mauluga and hull base mike one? I guess we will find out

We gave up a 5th rounder for Anthony! I think that was a little rich. I like the toughness and ability but not the production.

Can an in shape Mauluga play in the nickel or would he get destroyed? So what's the deal, we can suspend Timmons for 4 weeks than have to either re-instate or cut him?
He would get destroyed

Saints fans quotes on the trade of Stephone Anthony:

"Wow.... Did not see that coming...I wish Anthony the best but also hope it’s for at least a 2nd Rd pick. I also saw the Saints were working out LB Lamar Houston."

"C'mon dude! You better hope we did not have send the Dolphins at least a 2nd Rd pick to take him off or our hands!"

"And now we get to watch him blossom into a very solid LB while we use a 5th round pick to draft a 7th round guard that will never even make the team."

"Might as well trade Brees, season is over"

"Bad move Tell me honestly he is not better than Anzalone. Im guessing he sopd movie credits on the side. I dont see why we cut Jason Jones either. He is better than Okafor. We make horrible evaluations on D. Mario Williams may be a shell of himself but Id take him over Okafor. Leon Hall would be better than Sterling Moore amd DeVante Harris. We cut Tony McDaniel and he was a two down starter in Seattle. Arthur Jones is out there, Glenn Dorsey is out there, Tyson Jackson is there. Akeem Ayers can still play a little. I like having young players on the team but what is Okafor giving us that is keeping Hendrickson or Muhammad on the bench? Is Davison really better than McDaniel, who again, started in Seattle last year?"

"Maybe he couldnt grasp the playbook, maybe he could. We will never know. Thats what we’ve heard. All we know is what he did on the field in his rookie season. I would take that over our current productivity every Sunday."

"2 horrific defensive games...And we trade the guy who didnt even play. Makes sense."

"I wouldn't be surprise if the guy plays great with its new team."

We aren't going to see this kid for quite some time.

He will be limited in practice due to the injury so they may not even know yet where they want to use him.

Maualuga might just be worthless at this point, just have to wait and see.

I don't expect to see Anthony active until the Tennessee game.

I remember when this board lost its mind over Kiko....... That worked out ok...... Count me on the optimistic wagon.

Given our current situation, for a 5th round pick if hes even a passable starter its a win...as with any 5th round pick. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with us....wondering when he'll see the field though given nursing injury and supposed (judging by this thread) inability to tie shoes even...well see.

I remember when this board lost its mind over Kiko....... That worked out ok...... Count me on the optimistic wagon.

Not entirely accurate. General consensus outside of those who celebrate any move the Phins make is that Kiko was the lone bright spot of that trade if he could stay healthy. And even then, he's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Back
Top Bottom