Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2

Matt Burke is another question mark. But I guess VJ was too and it's not like our defense impressed anyone last year.

I think there's things to be optimistic about, particularly the fact that we improved our defense talent-wise, and we're getting some key injured players back. But obviously our schedule looks pretty brutal and having Ryan back from injury is something we've never dealt with before. We need him to be back to his late season form.

More like an indictment of his injury.

Tannehill is the reason we went to the playoffs last year. Anyone waiting to see him prove himself isn't watching to begin with.

I hope come end of August I can find that line 7.5. I'll drop a $1,000 on that no hesitation.

BS On that RT was a cog in the wheel for sure but Gase and Ajayi is what got us there. Ajayi 200 yard games back to back reminded me of Ricky Williams when we had Fielder and made the playoffs, with that being said Matt Moore looked pretty good with Gase guidance. Soo that does not mean I do not support or like RT but he can't carry this team consistently on his back like a franchise QB.
Ajayi has certainly not gotten enough credit for his efforts last year on this site.

The defensive coordinator along with Mike Pouncey are the biggest questions on this team right now. I am much more positive on this team right now after this draft along with resigning our own players. Signing some really decent NFL free agents to some really good deals will be the next step. Yea we can go 10 6 next year with this roster especially after going 10 6 last year with a much weaker roster, new schemes, new players and new coaches.

I'm just going to say Jay Ajayi is starting out the season full time.

My annual locks of the year are under on the Falcons and Raiders and over on the Chargers and Browns.

And don't bet on the Dolphins on anything between 7-9 wins.

Bet the Over. We won a lot of close games last year, so I get the pessimism from Vegas. Plus our owner voted to deny them the Raiders ... which doesn't factor into it at all, but just wanted to needle them at the same time they're giving us bad news. :D

Seriously, looking at Tannehill's performance last year we look like a better than 7 win team for sure. He will have Asiata starting, which should make up for the loss of Albert and probably help Ajayi. All of Tannehill's targets return except for improvements at TE. Our offense should be solid and fairly potent. We shouldn't turn over the ball too much with this roster either.

Our Defense looks considerably better than last year. Mitchell only played a half a season and didn't always look good, so no loss there. Addition of Charles Harris brings considerably more pass rush. Addition of Hayes means better run defense. Additions of McMillan and Timmons should mean improved run defense. Addition of Tankersley should mean improved coverage. Health of Howard and Maxwell means improved coverage. Another year in the system should help everyone. Another year of experience should help all of our young CB's. Loss of IAQ will hurt, but return of Reshad Jones healthy will be huge. Addition of McDonald for the second half of the season will likewise be clutch. That means we'll have improved run defense (McMillan, Timmons, Hayes, healthy Jones, McDonald), improved pass rush (Harris), improved coverage (Tankersley, healthy Howard/Maxwell, developing Lippett). That's a major improvement.

Special teams looks to continue to do well while cutting down on the mistakes. We may take a step backwards on specials this year, but I doubt it will be a huge step backwards. We really made the most of our chances last year. Hopefully, Jakeem Grant will be able to field returns with safe hands and prove his agility and speed. That could be a big boost to the specials.

All in all, we will be a better team. We might have a worse record, but I'd guess that it would be 9-7, and I'll be surprised if we don't cover 7.5.

I'm leaving this alone...I'll stick to poker.

I looked at the schedule and saw we could go anywhere from 4-12 to 9-7.

Make no mistake, this is an indictment of Tannehill. Our Phins will have a very solid roster and Gase is well regarded.
If Rodgers Brady or even Carr/Ryan were the QB the prediction would be double digit wins.
I would really like to see RT finally prove his doubters wrong and elevate himself to top 10 range.

You are correct.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

More like an indictment of his injury.

Tannehill is the reason we went to the playoffs last year. Anyone waiting to see him prove himself isn't watching to begin with.

I hope come end of August I can find that line 7.5. I'll drop a $1,000 on that no hesitation.

Then how did Jay Ajayi win team MVP?

I think the number reflects what most of the country outside of Miami thinks of the Dolphins. If you had a room full with 100 NFL fans from around the country I think half of them would say 7 wins or less. Especially looking at the tough schedule. I would say they're wrong, but I think the line reflects the mood of the general public. Remember they see a team playing in the same division with the mighty Patriots, having a starting qb coming off a serious injury, a young team that got blasted in the playoffs by the Steelers and a very tough schedule. Again I think they're wrong, but I understand why they might have more doubts than we do. It would be like asking Dolphin fans how they felt about the Lions in 2017 if they played in the same division with the defending champions.

Great. Assuming that's true then those nitwits would've had the same mindset last year and obviously they were incorrect.

wasn't it the same odds last season? do thy're not credible... because they don't know.

When I listen to NFL radio, the consensus seems to be that the jury is still out on RT. He still has a lot of doubters and the vegas odds clearly reflect that.

Tannehill doesn't get any respect outside of the Dolphins fanbase and building, and it pisses me off. On one of the local talk shows on WFAN in NY a couple months back, Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts (both huge Jet fans), they were assessing the division during free agency and were discussing the QB's, and both of them shared the sentiment that they 'hope Tannehill is the Dolphins' QB for a long time'- they both think he's average and nothing more. Same with Mike Francesa and the guys over on ESPN Radio in NY too- no one up here thinks Tannehill is any good (Of course, if he became available tomorrow, I'm POSITIVE that narrative would change as they all clamor for the Jets to sign him [emoji849]). Hopefully this is the year he makes all his haters chow down on a nice, big ****burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tannehill is a 20 - 25 TD QB. To most casual observers that is pretty average. Until he gets over the hump he will get little respect outside of Dolphin Land.

Back
Top Bottom